Sign in to follow this  
Hot_Shot152

how much do i need to pay???

11 comments in this topic

[R-F2]
Members
13 posts
5,880 battles

is there a monetary value someone could pay for subs to not be added to the game? im sure most of the player base would contribute. WG are you really that desperate? Please don't ruin a good game!!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

Members
2,560 posts
93 battles
3 minutes ago, Hot_Shot152 said:

is there a monetary value someone could pay for subs to not be added to the game? im sure most of the player base would contribute. WG are you really that desperate? Please don't ruin a good game!!!

And people said this same thing about radar. 

• Cool 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,250 battles

You don't have to play them. Get a grip and grow up.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[CUTE]
Beta Testers
475 posts
5,224 battles
17 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

You don't have to play them. Get a grip and grow up.

Yes but they have to play with them. 

Just like with sky cancer, which is generally just a handicap on surface ships. 

Members
405 posts
44 minutes ago, Hot_Shot152 said:

Please don't ruin a good game!!!

Depending on who you ask it's already too late, first with radar, then with torp nerfs, then with RPF, then with British BBs, then with the CV rework, now this. Just wait for the next change, people will say the ssme thing.

Members
532 posts
4,878 battles

Speak for yourself man. I’m excited to see how they turn out and they’re going to be in a separate mode anyway. Don’t like subs? Don’t play it. If it works well, then you might not have a choice.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,611 posts
10,852 battles

Subs as implemented in the event last year won't fly, but with work - they won't be that big a deal.

As it is DD's, especially the IJN ones, have really filled the role of the stealth attack unit focusing on launching torpedoes against a target. A DD using smoke is no different than a sub diving, other than diving deep enough, that it can't attack, requiring depth charges be used of which only DD, CA/L and CV planes may have the option. As is the attack depth is still able to be hit by shell fire from what I saw and they have limited time under water anyway. And as is Hydro would likely and should light them up.

Reverse the aimpoint that it's narrower on the surface (which is where most subs, especially U-boats, ideally attacked from for various reasons) and less accurate when submerged, even if not much. Maybe a slightly different work on reload times and dive times, really going to depend on the sub. Speed penalty under water in a similar manner to how a DD at high speed has no smoke screen. And unlike the CF that was how they handled CV's this is getting tested on live out of randoms and all to actually get it right before they release it live. 

While there have been things that have hurt gameplay, either for a group or overall - this one is not that big a damn deal. They should fix CV's fully before toying with this, but Subs are basically DD 2.0. Except they dive instead of use smoke screens and their turrets are automated (part of why the last couple events saw DD's having no control of main battery). They have basically no AA, so if you can guide your CV to them, they'll have a field day, or force down long enough that a DD or cruiser can run it down when it's forced back to the surface to recharge. enough ships have hydro, and 50/50 shot radar will pick it up, at least on the surface which is where any half decent captain will be till he knows he needs to run underwater to get in closer for an attack. Sure it can go wrong like the rework but odds are they will basically be new DD's on the block.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,023 posts
3,309 battles

The issue is I think most people are actually willing to at least give them a try. Why not? They're a ship, and we don't know how they'll fit in. They may not, in which case yeah, get rid of them. But we should at least have an open mind.

Zoup pointed out that subs are make or break for WOWS. If they fail, so does the game, or at least further major development. If they are a success, then this game probably has a long ways to go.

And I think WG will listen if the community rejects subs. NTC showed that there are limits, if subs are so bad that they'll kill the game, I think the community will make that known and I think WG will listen. With the NTC and CV rework I think they're learning to tread a little more carefully.

Sign in to follow this