Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

The Third Happy Time 2020

7 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,235 posts
19,576 battles

Well its been a exciting week both for WG and the Community with the news of Submarines, NTC I mean the Research Bureau , USS California.

I'm excited cant wait to sea all those lovely Battleships and Battlecruisers I mean " SUPER CRUISERS " sailing around  the High Seas.

And it was a delight to wake this morning to find that WG not that long ago announced 2 more fantastic high tier Historically built ships were in the works HOORAY.

Though I am a BB player it will give me great pleasure to hunt these " HISTORICAL SHIPS  " down  in my Premium / Tech Tree  U - boats.

There will be no escape :Smile_veryhappy:

Let the HAPPY HUNTING TIMES begin :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,612 posts
10,852 battles

Exciting.... yeah, that's a word for it. You also forgot the fun that is French DD's part 2 that oh... no one seems happy about with the fact you have to be in the top 25% of the leader board AND  finish every mission to gt the captain..... or y'know, throw money at WG "Surprise Mechanics". 

Also... Das Boot in English, C'mon man, ya gotta go with the German if your using it, at least German with subtitles (then again a bit rusty I still know most of what is said without subtitles). If your gonna go with Enlish speaking and Submarines go with "Down Periscope" - pretty sure all of us that play the American ones will be thinking more along those lines when playing.

Or at least I will be, better let me mount my red jolly roger to those ones. German subs I'll likely go more "Das Boot".

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,235 posts
19,576 battles
15 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Exciting.... yeah, that's a word for it. You also forgot the fun that is French DD's part 2 that oh... no one seems happy about with the fact you have to be in the top 25% of the leader board AND  finish every mission to gt the captain..... or y'know, throw money at WG "Surprise Mechanics". 

Also... Das Boot in English, C'mon man, ya gotta go with the German if your using it, at least German with subtitles (then again a bit rusty I still know most of what is said without subtitles). If your gonna go with Enlish speaking and Submarines go with "Down Periscope" - pretty sure all of us that play the American ones will be thinking more along those lines when playing.

Or at least I will be, better let me mount my red jolly roger to those ones. German subs I'll likely go more "Das Boot".

Firstly humble apologies for the English version of Das boot was in a rush to get the post out and grabbed  the first vid i could find, next time  and there will be more sub posts to come.:Smile_honoring:

I think you and I share common ground on number things and i whole heartily agree with you on the French grind, I look forward to it with such keen enthusiasm, my excitement for that event is only surpassed by my thrill at seeing mythical super cruisers in game.

cheers

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,612 posts
10,852 battles
15 minutes ago, tm63au said:

irstly humble apologies for the English version of Das boot was in a rush to get the post out and grabbed  the first vid i could find, next time  and there will be more sub posts to come.:Smile_honoring:

I'm just messing with you man, by all means post the English versions if you want. It's like with anime - some like the dub, some like sub, some like both, and some depends on the series or even character. It's still a good movie but I just can't take the dub of "Das Boot" seriously, it's like when I watch the old Godzilla movies or other bad dubs from Japan way back when. But those ones I usually watch to laugh anyway. I will however say work some "Down Periscope" in there. I'd argue it's the second best Submarine movie out there. 

23 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I think you and I share common ground on number things and i whole heartily agree with you on the French grind, I look forward to it with such keen enthusiasm, my excitement for that event is only surpassed by my thrill at seeing mythical super cruisers in game.

We do, but I will give them SOME credit as Puerto Rico is actually not an entirely mythical ship. Yes - the ship as was was never built, however they are actually not lying in the post when they say it was a concept for the Alaska class. It was indeed one that was designed and considered, my only gripe that would be that said design was more of a "mini-BB" then a "large cruiser". This designs was a bit more on par with Scharnhorst, and even in the same weight class at 38000 tons. 

I will also give them credit for not doing it to Hawaii because A: it was actually started and all and B: it was up for carrier conversion which I use in my "conversion ship" line of USN CV's with odd tiers put back in to have 2 full lines as basically what she would have been was a "Baby Essex" class as the design for the conversion looked kike an Essex, just a bit smaller and less room though not by a ton.

• Cool 1

[CSALT]
Members
1,383 posts
1 hour ago, WanderingGhost said:

I'd have to put "Operation Petticoat" ahead of "Down Periscope" for submarine movies.  They torpedoed a truck for goodness sake!

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,612 posts
10,852 battles
13 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I'd have to put "Operation Petticoat

I have never even heard of this one, so I'll have to look it up.

[CSALT]
Members
1,383 posts
34 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

I have never even heard of this one, so I'll have to look it up.

WWII sub movie with Cary Grant and Tony Curtis.  Movie is a hoot, the sub ends up painted pink at one point and the truck thing is hilarious.  Right up there with "Father Goose" for Cary Grant WWII movies.

Sign in to follow this