You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Venac

I can see it now on patch day!

15 comments in this topic

Members
380 posts

The hordes of players who do not read the forums or patch notes. I clicked this button and my tier 10 and all the ships in that tree went poof.... what happened?????? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,647 posts
11,120 battles

I can see a few people do this, but they make it pretty clear in the client about what is going to happen.  If any accidents happen, I'm sure WG can just do a rollback on the account or something.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,490 posts
12,942 battles
16 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I can see a few people do this, but they make it pretty clear in the client about what is going to happen.  If any accidents happen, I'm sure WG can just do a rollback on the account or something.

There are a lot of people that don't read the news in port.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,853 posts
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There are a lot of people that don't read the news in port.

On the test server, it makes it pretty clear when you click the button, what you are about to do.  The only way you can do it by mistake is if you don't read the in game warnings and just start clicking random buttons.....which I admit, I am sure someone will do.

In some other MMOs, when you try to delete something that is important and hard to get, they make you actually type something in a box, like "DELETE", before it will actually do it.  Perhaps something WG might think about.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,125 posts
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

just start clicking random buttons.....which I admit, I am sure someone will do.

Never underestimate the ability of the novice to get into trouble where computers are concerned. My Dad is 86 and nearly every week he will pick up the remote for the Internet TV, somehow get into the system setup area, and cause all sorts of havoc.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,250 battles

@Venac you can count on it and those who charge ahead full speed without reading up on it deserve what they get. Besides that anyone with 5 or more tier 10s should know better by now.

[SSBN]
Members
161 posts
5,682 battles

Dumb choices earn dumb rewards. It's not like it's one button and poof ships gone.

[ANZ4C]
Members
134 posts
6,258 battles
11 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Besides that anyone with 5 or more tier 10s should know better by now.

You'd think that to be true, wouldn't you.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,647 posts
11,120 battles

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

I'm pretty sure WG will put in some sort of a button you must press to double check (or even triple-check) that you want to confirm restarting progress on a line.

They'd have to graduate to a new level of stupidity to accidentally reset lines. Undoubtedly somebody will though...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles

IIRC from the last two public test phases, you click the research button and it indeed takes you through to another screen that tells you what's about to happen, and you have to click a second button, but you have the option to turn back at that point.