You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

How many on this board will do the research bureau reset?

160 comments in this topic

[RELAX]
Members
1,148 posts
8,654 battles

Just wondering how many will do the reset on their ship lines and regrind for the new ships?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,490 posts
12,942 battles

I doubt I will, it is one hell of a lot of work for a ship, particularly one that I am unlikely to play much because I don't like the top tier meta.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,477 posts
16,267 battles

I've got 18 T10s and more time than purpose. I might as well reset a few.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 3

Members
2,977 posts
10,940 battles

From what Ive read/seen, it'll depend 98% on the cost for me. 

(edit: does it even cost any money?)

Probably no. But dont know for sure til it's finalized.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[OO7]
Members
225 posts
23,529 battles

100% will. Researched every t10, might as well. As long as its optional, that's fine with me. 

Edited by eagle_lance
  • Angry 3

[KSE]
Members
3,891 posts
18,289 battles

I mean I'll do it some lines will be pretty easy and fast to do im playing them now anyways so 
But im not paying, it might take a season or two but im ok with it

• Angry 3

[A-D-F]
Members
2,105 posts

Sure, right after I go back to pre-school and work my way back through elementary and primary school, apply to college again, earn another BA, MA, and teaching credentials, and find a new job.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[5IN]
Members
115 posts
20,957 battles

Except for a couple CV's I have all the tech tree T10's, all the free xp and coal ships. I also I like playing all the tiers, so I'll be resetting lines. Sadly, I think I'm one of the nutballs this thing was designed for. So I'd like to apologize to everyone. 

Edited by TAM_OH
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[A-I-M]
Members
2,066 posts
18,685 battles

I will prob do it, I have many lines, have Croesus' riches stored up, and want a Colbert. 

• Angry 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,490 posts
12,942 battles
4 minutes ago, TAM_OH said:

Except for a couple CV's I have all the tech tree T10's, all the free xp and coal ships. I also I like playing all the tiers, so I'll be resetting lines. Sadly, I think I'm one of the nutballs this thing was designed for. So I'd like to apologize to everyone. 

I like the middle tiers for play and I already have the ships, no reason to reset them

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,542 posts
12,226 battles

If it would reset your stats for the line I'd be more encouraged to do it :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

[O_O]
Members
5,777 posts
13,387 battles

If I am reading things correctly, you will have to re-do 6 lines to get Colbert, unless one or more of your lines are CV's.

I did skim the latest description on RB pretty quickly, but the 'season' thing concerned me.  I should probably re-read the portal description to get my facts straight.

Regardless, pretty sure it's a 'nope' for me.

[WOLFC]
Members
627 posts
22,750 battles

I won't be using the Research Bureau. The cost is too high for me in terms of time and effort to re-grind a ship line I've already done. Once I've unlocked all the tech tree ships I'm interested in, I'll be happy playing ships I have, no desire to revisit a grind I've already experienced.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,250 battles

@Chain_shot It is easy enough to do in the Public Test since they have mirrored the regular account and made everything dirt cheap. They have however screwed things up to where you cant get to the goal without playing the PT exclusively for 4 days for each session.

I did several resets and still don't have the 2000 tokens to buy the first Italian Cruiser and now I find that it was replaced with an IJN DD. The Italian CL/CA is 3000 tokens.

I imagine that it wont be easy when 8.7 arrives. If it looks outrageous I wont bother with it.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,696 posts
7,370 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

If I am reading things correctly, you will have to re-do 6 lines to get Colbert, unless one or more of your lines are CV's.

I did skim the latest description on RB pretty quickly, but the 'season' thing concerned me.  I should probably re-read the portal description to get my facts straight.

Regardless, pretty sure it's a 'nope' for me.

You get a 2x bonus points at the start of the 3 month season for the 1st reset in which case you end up needing to do 5 resets (either 5 non-CV line reset or 4 non-CV line with one CV line reset which would be the one that uses the least amount of free xp and credits)

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
460 posts
4,468 battles

If I got to keep the ships I have in port I would consider it, but since it doesn't they can go jump.

Can someone explain to me how deleting your progress is progressing further?............

Can someone explain how they think that deleting everything is the best solution for this system and why, simply because I like also playing my FAVORITE lower tier ships, it means I am willing to delete everything and play the ships I HATE just to get back what I already have so I can get another currency to buy ships that should not be behind this wall in the first place?...............

Just give me my Submarines so I can get on with real progress not this crap.