Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Highvelocity4U

Changing my goals!

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

86
[FFLY]
Members
98 posts

Played random for the first time tonight in a couple of weeks. 7 games tier X and 7 losses. Top 2 spots all 7 games. Minimum 2 kills per game. One game had a double strike. The last game our team had 3 kills, I got all 3 kills.

So I decided rather than try to move from a 47 percent player to a 50 percent + player I should aspire to become a 37 percent player. 

I figure it will be a lot less stressful AND at minimum, 8 of my "team" mates will happily and very skillfully assist me in achieving 37% or lower very quickly. 

I used to wonder how players with 10k or even 15k games had a 39% winrate. My conclusion now is that they simply gave up hope.

Not sure if giving up or seal clubbing is the answer to my problems really.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,359
[INTEL]
Members
11,493 posts
32,126 battles
1 minute ago, Highvelocity4U said:

Played random for the first time tonight in a couple of weeks. 7 games tier X and 7 losses. Top 2 spots all 7 games. Minimum 2 kills per game. One game had a double strike. The last game our team had 3 kills, I got all 3 kills.

So I decided rather than try to move from a 47 percent player to a 50 percent + player I should aspire to become a 37 percent player. 

I figure it will be a lot less stressful AND at minimum, 8 of my "team" mates will happily and very skillfully assist me in achieving 37% or lower very quickly. 

I used to wonder how players with 10k or even 15k games had a 39% winrate. My conclusion now is that they simply gave up hope.

Not sure if giving up or seal clubbing is the answer to my problems really.

1. Dont play T10

2. I play mostly T7. The disparity between player skills and ship abilities isnt nearly as great, and the gameplay is better. The maps are also better. When you fall behind, you have a better chance to come back.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,440
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,521 posts
12,983 battles

Tier doesn't seem to matter for me lately, random match means a loss 75% of the time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[FFLY]
Members
98 posts
On 8/16/2019 at 8:40 PM, BrushWolf said:

Tier doesn't seem to matter for me lately, random match means a loss 75% of the time.

I played in a div with a clan mate on Sunday and it made a big difference. I very rarely div.

We played tier 3 through 9 and had a 50% plus day. Voice comm made it more fun overall and even the losses were easy to take lol

The only thing I really wish for this game is that it wasn't a blowout most of the time, for green or red. A loss that comes down to the last 3 or 4 ships total is still more fun than a one sided win ... imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,041
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,332 posts
12,102 battles
40 minutes ago, Highvelocity4U said:

I played in a div with a clan mate on Sunday and it made a big difference. I very rarely div.

We played tier 3 through 9 and had a 50% plus day. Voice comm made it more fun overall and even the losses were easy to take lol

The only thing I really wish for this game is that it wasn't a blowout most of the time, for green or red. A loss that comes down to the last 3 or 4 ships total is still more fun than a one sided win ... imo.

Divisioning with clan mates / friends is the Colonels secret recipe for sure. Once our clan started growing I generally division with clan mates. The more the merrier. Hope things continue to turn for the better for you. Also play your favorite ship, the one that fits like a glove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,389
[CAST]
Members
4,793 posts
3,352 battles

It's bloody irritating, yes. But alas, nothing can be done if matchmaking puts you on a team straight off the short bus.

Still good for your own pride, XP, and credits to do your best to try and win, mind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[FFLY]
Members
98 posts
4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Divisioning with clan mates / friends is the Colonels secret recipe for sure. Once our clan started growing I generally division with clan mates. The more the merrier. Hope things continue to turn for the better for you. Also play your favorite ship, the one that fits like a glove.

I'm going to try and run much more in a div. 

Shima is my favorite ship but those pesky CV's lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[FFLY]
Members
98 posts
3 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

It's bloody irritating, yes. But alas, nothing can be done if matchmaking puts you on a team straight off the short bus.

Still good for your own pride, XP, and credits to do your best to try and win, mind you.

CB on the weekend was about an 85% winrate over 35 games ... randoms, well, can't buy a win ... such is randoms I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,389
[CAST]
Members
4,793 posts
3,352 battles
21 minutes ago, Highvelocity4U said:

CB on the weekend was about an 85% winrate over 35 games ... randoms, well, can't buy a win ... such is randoms I suppose.

I hear you, man. Recently picked up Republique. After 8 games, I'm at 116k average damage, 2 to 1 K/D ... and still only won 25% of those matches as the rest of my team just collapses quickly all the damn time. I really love being chased by a half dozen enemy ships when everyone else died but me. /s

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×