Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
verkhne

Fantasque perm camo?

5 comments in this topic

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
377 posts
8,391 battles

OK So I have the tier 8 French DD. Not super impressed with it so far, as single gun turretes forward limit its chase abilities. Does anybody with this ship feel it is worth the perma camo? Is the tier 7 Vaquelin a better bet for the perma camo instead?

( I have perma camos for tier 8 Amagi and Cleveland, tier 7 Fij} these ships seem worth it, just not sure about Fantasque!!

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,853 posts

The premium camo is worth a lot more actual money than the 1K doubloons are from the other option to spend the tokens on.

If I have to grind through a ship and I can get premium camo for it for free, there is no question. That camo is going to benefit me every time I play the ship, forever.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,794 posts
5,814 battles

1. Do you like the Fantasque, and see yourself playing it regularly? 

If not, don't get the perma camo. If yes go to the next question.

2. Do you like the look of the perma camo?

If not, don't get the perma camo, and use one the the many temporary camos with better bonuses instead. If yes, then get it.

• Cool 1

Members
534 posts
4,878 battles

I’d say keep playing it. Starting at T8 is when the French line gets good. The problem is they don’t play like any other destroyer in the game. Anyone that says they are simply gun boats is dead wrong. They are assassins, ambushers, or gankers. Their guns are good but take a look at your torp angles at T8 and add in the amount of torps and reload speed. BB camping behind an island by himself? Use the island as conceal and close to within a few km before you pop out and hit speed boost. You can delete him before he can even point his guns at you. Know a solo DD is stalking a friendly BB, rush him. He can’t run from you and your MBRB can crush him. See a distracted cruiser at close range? AP and MBRB can melt it with cits. Mogador is my favorite ship and the T8 is just a lite version of the Mog. I have about 500k xp on my Mog but the play style didn’t start clicking until around 120k xp. Just know which DDs to engage solo and which to wait to be softened or have support for. They excel late game so patience is key.

[NUWES]
Members
2,700 posts
8,639 battles
1 hour ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

I’d say keep playing it. Starting at T8 is when the French line gets good. The problem is they don’t play like any other destroyer in the game. Anyone that says they are simply gun boats is dead wrong. They are assassins, ambushers, or gankers. Their guns are good but take a look at your torp angles at T8 and add in the amount of torps and reload speed. BB camping behind an island by himself? Use the island as conceal and close to within a few km before you pop out and hit speed boost. You can delete him before he can even point his guns at you. Know a solo DD is stalking a friendly BB, rush him. He can’t run from you and your MBRB can crush him. See a distracted cruiser at close range? AP and MBRB can melt it with cits. Mogador is my favorite ship and the T8 is just a lite version of the Mog. I have about 500k xp on my Mog but the play style didn’t start clicking until around 120k xp. Just know which DDs to engage solo and which to wait to be softened or have support for. They excel late game so patience is key.

^This. Pretty much sums it up. Le Fantasque is great. I think Le Terrible is a bit better (It is a bit faster with has faster gun and  slightly faster torp reloads in return for slightly slower torps and better AA). 

Sign in to follow this