Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KHyena

After 6 years...

34 comments in this topic

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,873 posts
14,007 battles

I got my yamato. I start playing in January 20, 2013 in closed beta, in closed beta i 'almost' take the yamato (but the beta end and they decide reset everyone acc...)

Oh well, just wanna post this, because, why not?

image.thumb.png.8d0f56e69c9974948bfd34e397204d36.png

Why take so long? I dont like play with bbs... Meh.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 3

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
1,522 battles

Nice job. My first tier 10 BB will hopefully be the french one. Then the Italian one when it comes out.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,873 posts
14,007 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Cool. I've barely even started up the IJN BB line after three years. I may never get to that ship.

I need be honest, i only get she because the wg aniversary normaly you get a SC per Tx... And i'm swimming in free xp (use to jump 200k in the izumo, because, why not? its a terrible ship to play...)...

[VETSN]
Members
1,065 posts
7,408 battles

Just got the Izumo, the Amagi was painful but this ship is a bit more forgiving.  Only 300k more  XP to go 😑

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,929 posts
4,043 battles

Nice grab! One of my favorite BBs at tier 10. 

Next up is that legendary mod. Turns Yamato into a beast

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,873 posts
14,007 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

Nice grab! One of my favorite BBs at tier 10. 

Next up is that legendary mod. Turns Yamato into a beast

I dont think i will ever going get this one... but yeat, the legenadary mod on yamato is great, see some friends doing awesome shoots with she with legendary.

[W-P-A]
[W-P-A]
Members
240 posts
9,163 battles

I've been working the British line, I just researched the Lion. Now to come up with the credits for it.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

I dont think i will ever going get this one... but yeat, the legenadary mod on yamato is great, see some friends doing awesome shoots with she with legendary.

True... and some time back the High School Fleet "freebie" you could earn was a perma-camo for the Yammy... it's a nice camo and makes Yammy financially playable. 

[90TH]
Members
1,096 posts
9,844 battles
2 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

Just got the Izumo, the Amagi was painful but this ship is a bit more forgiving.  Only 300k more  XP to go 😑

Amagi is great... has thick armor in the rear and can bounce a lot of shells while kiting. 

• Cool 1

[VETSN]
Members
1,065 posts
7,408 battles
Just now, n00bot said:

Amagi is great... has thick armor in the rear and can bounce a lot of shells while kiting. 

I know some people will swear by Amagi, but I have had the worst experience in it.  By far the worst tier 8 BB I’ve played.  I hate it, it’s the most inconsistent ship with the worst dispersion.  I don’t believe the stats, because point blank I’ve slip BB’s in it, then the next game I get 6 kills, it makes no sense.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,116 posts
15,559 battles

i have musashi, but no yamato .   stopped after grindng amagi to izumo.  :D   may be one of these days

[TMS]
Members
1,472 posts
10,369 battles
2 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

Amagi is great !

[TMS]
Members
1,472 posts
10,369 battles
4 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

I know some people will swear by Amagi, but I have had the worst experience in it.  By far the worst tier 8 BB I’ve played.  I hate it, it’s the most inconsistent ship with the worst dispersion.  I don’t believe the stats, because point blank I’ve slip BB’s in it, then the next game I get 6 kills, it makes no sense.

image.thumb.png.dc7914bc57573746c1b1a8ef47170305.png

• Funny 2

[VETSN]
Members
1,065 posts
7,408 battles
15 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

image.thumb.png.dc7914bc57573746c1b1a8ef47170305.png

The Bismarck wasn’t as bad for me, I even enjoy the FDG.  I can handle the horizontal dispersion better than the terrible vertical Amagi dispersion .

[TMS]
Members
1,472 posts
10,369 battles
25 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

The Bismarck wasn’t as bad for me, I even enjoy the FDG.  I can handle the horizontal dispersion better than the terrible vertical Amagi dispersion .

Hahaha, Amagi treat me good but oh lord Bismark so bad I have had to sell it. I could not do it any more.

Members
2,107 posts
4,546 battles

Playing slow ships with insane reload is just not fun for me. Probably will never get a T10 BB. I have stopped at T8 on 2 lines and will probably keep it like that.

[WMD]
Members
1,143 posts
8,248 battles

Working up to Yamato still, BBs aren't my thing. 

I find Amagi fun for a T8, better for me that Monarch... though Lion hasn't clicked with me yet either. 

Members
1,654 posts
10,072 battles

congrats!

also, i disagree with Izumo being a bad ship.  It got a fair amount of buffs over the last year or so.   Pretty decent ship now imo.  Nothing comes close to being as bad as the FdG BB wise at tier 9.

[WOLF3]
Members
23,000 posts
20,882 battles
7 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

I got my yamato. I start playing in January 20, 2013 in closed beta, in closed beta i 'almost' take the yamato (but the beta end and they decide reset everyone acc...)

Oh well, just wanna post this, because, why not?

image.thumb.png.8d0f56e69c9974948bfd34e397204d36.png

Why take so long? I dont like play with bbs... Meh.

For a veteran player around during the early days, you missed out on Yamato's supremacy when the game was newer.

She had a Super Heal.

Montana had a tall Citadel.

Combine that with 460mm AP Overmatch, I used to joke that Yamato was the only true Tier X Battleship.  Montana in those days to me was really a Tier 9 ship :Smile_trollface:

Couple Yamato's status in those days, we also had +/-3 Match Maker.  I remember playing my Pre-Buff, Stock Colorado and staring down the gun barrels of Yamato.  Never ended well for me :Smile_coin:  Pre-Nerf Yamato, Shimakaze in all her full, pre-nerf glory, Zao with Stealth Fire and more HP, CVs being more popular, me being a new player... It was a handful experience.

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
12,088 battles
7 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

I start playing in January 20, 2013 in closed beta,

Congratulations ! But Closed Beta for WoWs did not start until Jan. 2015 ( if you do not count the two Closed Beta weekends just before that which is when I started ) .  Did you play WoT ( or like me still do play it some still ) ? This is what your  join date would indicate as , like mine of March 2013 . Which is when I started playing WoT .

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 4

[O_O]
Members
5,809 posts
13,454 battles
4 hours ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Congratulations ! But Closed Beta for WoWs did not start until Jan. 2015 ( if you do not count the two Closed Beta weekends just before that which is when I started).

I knew that 6 year thing sounded off.  I was about to look it up, myself.

I started on the first day of open beta, which was July 2, 2015.

Edited by desmo_2

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

Took me 3 years to get the Yamato.  I got to the Izumo in a few months of play, but the Izumo sat in dry dock for 2.5 years because it was such a horrible ship I refused to play it, and refused to spend FXP on it becuase other ships lines were coming out.  Then I got the Musashi and was like Who cares about the Yamato, I have the same ship at T9.  Finally not long ago  (just after the Izumo rework)  I FXP the last of it ( because it was still a POS) to the Yamato.

Izumo, Like the Colorado ( pre rework when it was such a god awful ship), a ship that will forever be garbage, even if they make it OP  I will never let one of those two ships back in my port  EVER !!!  Those two ships left such a bad taste in my mouth, nothing will ever fix that.

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,873 posts
14,007 battles
18 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

True... and some time back the High School Fleet "freebie" you could earn was a perma-camo for the Yammy... it's a nice camo and makes Yammy financially playable. 

Haha i have this cammo!

Sign in to follow this