You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Project Habakkuk

16 comments in this topic

[_ARP_]
Members
696 posts
31,796 battles

I imagine that it would be a boss in a mode similar to the Halloween event....it would be so big, it’s bout 2-3 GK in Length alone.....if not more....

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,870 posts
13,997 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

*Doot dee doot dee dooo*

rqXwMx3.jpg

Next TX steel cv please

[HINON]
Members
12,170 posts
4 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Next TX steel cv please

She's a T-XII at least.

Edited by RipNuN2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,766 posts
10,157 battles

i think Wg tried to bring it into the game, but it was so big that it crashed the game when they brought it up in a port

• Confused 1

[NUWES]
Members
2,713 posts
8,685 battles

Honestly, I think it would be a good scenario mission - Sink the Habakkuk. There are an old console game (PlayStation 2 I think) where you played a real warship that fell into an alternate universe. You advanced up tech-tree lines like in WoWs (US, IJN and German as I recall). You had to fight off invasions with fantastic naval ships which ended in  boss fight sort of like some of the Halloween scenarios. As I recall one of the bosses was the Habakkuk. It was a lot of fun. You eventually could upgrade your ships with fantasy weapons so you could replace Bismarck's secondaries with DP particle cannons and replace the engines with more efficient models up to nuclear engines. If I remember correctly you could eventually refit Graf Zeppelin with flying saucers which fired plasma beams. The game was really great.

I'm not suggesting something that fantastic, but Habakkuk would be great for a high-tier boss-fight scenario where you fight your way through to the Habakkuk to sink her to forestall some sort of (insert McGuffin calamity here). 

I wish I could remember the name of the game. 

-Edit-

Found it. The game was Naval Ops: Warship Gunner. Here's a video of the Habakkuk. You see its intro at about 98 seconds in:

Spoiler

Edited by Tzarevitch

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
17 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Honestly, I think it would be a good scenario mission - Sink the Habakkuk. There are an old console game (PlayStation 2 I think) where you played a real warship that fell into an alternate universe. You advanced up tech-tree lines like in WoWs (US, IJN and German as I recall). You had to fight off invasions with fantastic naval ships which ended in  boss fight sort of like some of the Halloween scenarios. As I recall one of the bosses was the Habakkuk. It was a lot of fun. You eventually could upgrade your ships with fantasy weapons so you could replace Bismarck's secondaries with DP particle cannons and replace the engines with more efficient models up to nuclear engines. If I remember correctly you could eventually refit Graf Zeppelin with flying saucers which fired plasma beams. The game was really great.

I'm not suggesting something that fantastic, but Habakkuk would be great for a high-tier boss-fight scenario where you fight your way through to the Habakkuk to sink her to forestall some sort of (insert McGuffin calamity here). 

I wish I could remember the name of the game. 

Neat idea... but the idea behind this CV (mobile airfield?) when the British/Canadians were developing it was that it's made of Pykecrete. Or ice with sawdust in it basically. It cant be sunk. More or less...

The whole premise to the carrier is that it cannot sink because its ice. Pykecrete absorbs the kinetic energy of shells better than steel does. It cant burn. Explosions don't do massive damage compared to steel ships, and it wont shatter like regular ice, or even have holes punched through it. The CV could theoretically even be broken up into pieces and have some elements of it remain operational and afloat, guns for example. Obviously it was designed to operate in the north Atlantic and could even go to warmer climates for periods of time without totally melting away... strange but true. :)

I'd imagine it'd be slow as molasses though. Probably not even playable in WoWs. But it would make for a neat NPC/AI controlled boss in an operation. Agreed.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[NUWES]
Members
2,713 posts
8,685 battles
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Neat idea... but the idea behind this CV when the British/Canadians were developing it was that it's made of Pykecrete. Or ice with sawdust in it basically. It cant be sunk. More or less...

The whole premise to the carrier is that it cannot sink because its ice. Pykecrete absorbs the kinetic energy of shells better than steel does. It cant burn. Explosions don't do massive damage compared to steel ships, and it wont shatter like regular ice, or even have holes punched through it. The CV could theoretically even be broken up into pieces and have some elements of it remain operational and afloat, guns for example. Obviously it was designed to operate in the north Atlantic and could even go to warmer climates for periods of time without totally melting away... strange but true. :)

I'd imagine it'd be slow as molasses though. Probably not even playable in WoWs. But it would make for a neat NPC/AI controlled boss in an operation. Agreed.

Found the game. It was Naval Ops: Warships Gunner. I added it to my previous post with a game play video fighting the Habakkuk. 

[TRIST]
Members
384 posts
2,390 battles

Icee what you mean, but wood it not be better to relice it as a pykemium?