Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skull_122_steel

Huanghe Question

10 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
2,862 posts

Dont know. It's a premium ship so I think it's a shop purchase. Perhaps it shows up in pan Asian tech tree page but, like I said, it's a premium boat and not a line grinder.

I dont think an average player will make it work. It's pretty crappy. I had it last year for a few months and preferred the US and Brit cruisers. It has a quirky playstyle leveraged on some gimmicks that are highly situational and learning to use them will likely get you killed more often than not.

If it $10 or less maybe get it for occaisional operations, infrequent coop and annual snowflake rewards.

Edited by thebigblue

[-BRS-]
Members
1,357 posts
18,070 battles
17 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

Is the Huange available  for purchase in the tech tree and is it worth it if you plan on using her mainly in opts

You can check if it is available in the armory. And it is definitely a ship worth bringing into Scenarios/Operations. You would ideally want a higher point commander. I've been putting my 19 point Anshan commander in mine when I take it out but am building a new one as the Anshan commander isn't quite optimal for Huanghe.

[RLGN]
Members
12,303 posts
22,049 battles
27 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

Is the Huange available  for purchase in the tech tree and is it worth it if you plan on using her mainly in opts

If it’s in the tree you’ll have to purchase it with doubloons.

However you can choose to purchase it with/without a captain or a port slot if that is what you desire.

Nice guns, Perth/Haida creeping smoke, but squishy like a Molotov, (or to use a tree example, a Kirov or Budyonny.)

[KWF]
Members
3,742 posts
5,409 battles

For a while there was an offer for Huanghe if you logged in the premium shop for a pretty low price. May be worth checking it out. As for the ship I don't have her, though I hear she's pretty good in Operations.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,511 posts
8,110 battles

Pre 8.0 -  AA  support ship & one of my favs

8.0 - 8.4 - Port queen

8.5 - now -  Back to being a decent AA support ship but not as much of a no go as pre 8.0

Members
995 posts
1,871 battles

Well I do have the Molotov and Graf Spee. I was mainly wondering if it was and good because it looks like a fun little ship. Should I get the Anshan instead?

Members
3,004 posts
10,960 battles
4 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

Well I do have the Molotov and Graf Spee. I was mainly wondering if it was and good because it looks like a fun little ship. Should I get the Anshan instead?

I have them both. The Anshan is good for it's tier. It's probably your slightly above avg DD hybrid for T6.

The Huanghe, subjectively is funner to me (but I prefer cruisers over DDs). But objectively I think it's a little trickier to use than some of the other T6 cruisers. 

Ive seen the Huanghe go on sale before, good sales; like $10 bucks or something like that. It's random when it happens though. Maybe wait for a sale for 1 of them. 

Members
3,984 posts
4,288 battles

Huang He is fun. Also has one my favorite camos in the game. Very agile cruiser and in my opinion would have been on par with Perth is she had her own form of spotting too.

• Russians shells makes for easy hittings.
  • She's small and gets small detection because of it.
  • You can swap hydro for torpedo reload booster, but since it's only a 1x3 on each side with only narrow spread I don't know why you'd want to use it.
  • Crawling smoke to get you to cover or just annoy the enemy. No form of spotting though, you'll have to rely on your team for that. 
  • Since Cleveland left T6, Huang He is now the best in AA in her tier. 

[SIM]
Members
4,320 posts
7,329 battles

Anshan is a decent, conventional gunboat DD with a nice Free XP bonus baked into her premium camo. Huanghe is a fragile cruiser that relies heavily on finesse and boasts both a high skill ceiling and a low skill floor. They're both good ships, with Anshan being easier to play but Huanghe being more interesting.

Sign in to follow this