Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stormbringer924

trying to care/FAIL!

18 comments in this topic

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
74 posts
12,262 battles

I guess this can be called my online screed/rant. I don't know about other peep's but has WoW's just forgotten about BB/CA/CL driver's? They seem to be catering to the DD crowd with event's and ship reward's. As I am not a DD driver, I don't really have much to fight for. There are no event's that I am aware of to have cruiser/battleship player's can be a part of that yield's anything good. They at least used to run event's on a regular basis for these ship type's. But I haven't seen anything recently. The russian BB event wasn't very eventful. It seem's all they are doing is pushing DD's at everyone with a token cruiser or BB thrown in to grab some cash. With the new focus on super cruiser's it seem's that the desire to have work through event's for ship line's has run it's course. I'm trying to care about ranked battle's(FAIL). If it wasn't for clan war's and mid tier play I wouldn't have anything to look forward to in this game anymore. 

That's my 2 cent's

• Boring 4

[HINON]
Members
12,105 posts

Considering the current release is for French DDs, why would it be surprising that dds are a focus? BBs were a focus during the Russian BB release.

• Cool 1

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
74 posts
12,262 battles

At first it was RN DD's . Then french with some IJN DD's thrown in. before that it was new USN DD's. seeing a pattern here.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

I seem to remember an influx of premium USN BB's recently. Too many actually, they all are starting to look the same. Then there was the Russian BB events not too long ago. The French before that. The British before that. Various free event BB's to earn like the Dreadnought... I can think of numerous BB centric events recently and years past.

You're already playing "World of Battleships". Now you want more?

Let the CV's, DD's and CL's get their numbers bolstered a bit first.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
74 posts
12,262 battles

I guess my point was that I have alway's enjoyed the event's like the Duke of York/Bismark/and the other event's that had many stage's that peep's could use several diff. types of ship's in order to fufill the objective (I.E. premium style ship) and receive a specific ship. With that type of game style it was never boring. Also it had ship specific qualification's.

With all the stuff WoW's is throwing at the wall to see what stick's, These type's of event's are challenging as well as rewarding. 

Maybe they will have one in the near future, Hope spring's eternal!!

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
15,409 battles

Gotta be patient. The Wheel of Warships turns slowly at times. But it does keep on turning. We have had a pretty steady rotation of all ship types in events over the last few years, I think. It will turn back toward your favorite eventually.

Respects,

Am

[WMD]
Members
1,126 posts
8,168 battles
22 minutes ago, Stormbringer924 said:

I guess this can be called my online screed/rant. I don't know about other peep's but has WoW's just forgotten about BB/CA/CL driver's? They seem to be catering to the DD crowd with event's and ship reward's. As I am not a DD driver, I don't really have much to fight for. There are no event's that I am aware of to have cruiser/battleship player's can be a part of that yield's anything good. They at least used to run event's on a regular basis for these ship type's. But I haven't seen anything recently. The russian BB event wasn't very eventful. It seem's all they are doing is pushing DD's at everyone with a token cruiser or BB thrown in to grab some cash. With the new focus on super cruiser's it seem's that the desire to have work through event's for ship line's has run it's course. I'm trying to care about ranked battle's(FAIL). If it wasn't for clan war's and mid tier play I wouldn't have anything to look forward to in this game anymore. 

That's my 2 cent's

So now you know how DD players felt for years when there was one high tier reward DD. There still hasn't been a FXP premium DD released either...

There are Italian cruisers coming soon, so it will be a CA heavy event, so the BBs can get back to farming cruiser citadels. 

[BNKR]
Members
1,486 posts
1,790 battles

Do you not remember the Russian battleships? Or the French battleships? Or the seemingly interminable USN cruiser split? Or the Italian cruisers that will most certainly have a similar early access event? Really?

[SALVO]
Members
23,291 posts
23,927 battles
49 minutes ago, Stormbringer924 said:

At first it was RN DD's . Then french with some IJN DD's thrown in. before that it was new USN DD's. seeing a pattern here.

And the next line is going to be Italian CAs.  I think that you're looking for a problem where none exists.

[WORX]
Members
7,024 posts
16,417 battles

Hmm... Year of the BBs in WOWS was in 2017, 2018, and 2019...

Year of the DDs and CV, File no found 404.

RU BBs are the overpowered line.

Members
397 posts
1 hour ago, Stormbringer924 said:

That's my 2 cent's

I can think of 1 compelling reason we have more DDs in this game. 

Navies always had more DDs, unless you can find a Cruiser or Battleship class with 175 vessels in it then this is nothing more then a bad whine.

[CNO]
Members
5,224 posts
16,407 battles

I play 'em all.  BB...CA...DD...CV.  Lots of fun to be had.  The real beauty are those times I get the feeling (unwarranted most of the time) that a type is running wild.  In that case, I'll either go with the counter and smash 'em...or go wild and join them.  

[PVE]
Members
3,952 posts
22,257 battles
1 hour ago, Stormbringer924 said:

All of those DD lines didn't come out back to back...there were plenty of other ship type lines introduced between them.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,695 posts

On 8/16/2019 at 3:01 PM, Admiral_Andy said:

They just did Russian battleships and the next round is Italian cruisers.

I'm really hoping they give Roma the SAP shells to make her worth buying.   That will be some tricky messaging though.

Sign in to follow this