You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Silver_kun

Jean Bart

11 comments in this topic

[HDR]
Members
1,267 posts
4,418 battles

I just got a Jean Bart 14 day rental and wanted to know what commander builds would compliment the ship.

Any strategies will also be greatly appreciated. :fish_book:

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,837 posts
4,602 battles

I don't have a unique setup for Jean Bart.  Since he's a premium, I move my Alsace commander over.  Here is he, a 16 pointer :

image.png.5e5e568afc44100a83a1a19f154c66a9.png

AFT to extend the range of those marvelous secondaries, and Fire Prevention as an experiment.  I'm not convinced that it's worth the 4 points, though.

Welcome back!  Long time no see!

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
327 posts
9,300 battles

Wiki is a great resource for getting an idea how to set up your captains and ship upgrades. I use it for mine.

Also, the Jean Bart is a great ship, fun to play and earns good credits.

As for playing it, take advantage of the turrets being on the front by keeping your nose pointed at the enemy. It  has low HP for a BB at tier 9, and you survive longer by not going broadside like with any ship.

• Cool 1

Members
1,652 posts
9,984 battles

Best build?  Always the same for BBs.  Survival.  in no particular order, PT, AR, EM, BoS, SI(another reload booster), and probably the most important tier 4 skill is FP.  PM, EL, JoaT, Vig are good too.   You could toss in AFT or CE.

Fun builds tend to be ones that boost secondaries.  While the french BB secondaries dont have the pen like say the germans, they still have great range and pretty good fire chance.  Sadly for JB, all its secondaries are in the back.  I would also point out while JB is a fantastic boat, its not the most tanky tier 9 BB(probably the least), so using your secondaries is even harder.  You will eat a lot of HE damage as you push in and throughout the match. 

JB has some of the best AA in high tiers, so taking skills to make that stronger is ok, though AA changes so often i wouldn't bother with it.   It is good enough as is. 

• Cool 1

[HDR]
Members
1,267 posts
4,418 battles
18 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I don't have a unique setup for Jean Bart.  Since he's a premium, I move my Alsace commander over.  Here is he, a 16 pointer :

image.png.5e5e568afc44100a83a1a19f154c66a9.png

AFT to extend the range of those marvelous secondaries, and Fire Prevention as an experiment.  I'm not convinced that it's worth the 4 points, though.

Welcome back!  Long time no see!

Hey! long time no see indeed.

Thanks a lot for the build.

Will see you around the forums.

[HDR]
Members
1,267 posts
4,418 battles
18 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Wiki is a great resource for getting an idea how to set up your captains and ship upgrades. I use it for mine.

Also, the Jean Bart is a great ship, fun to play and earns good credits.

As for playing it, take advantage of the turrets being on the front by keeping your nose pointed at the enemy. It  has low HP for a BB at tier 9, and you survive longer by not going broadside like with any ship.

Would it be worth to spend $80 on the ship?

I am enjoying the ship a lot and surprisingly doing well even in ranked with it but am doubtful if it is worth the amount. 

Also, thanks for the advice.

[HDR]
Members
1,267 posts
4,418 battles
17 hours ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

Fun builds tend to be ones that boost secondaries.  While the french BB secondaries dont have the pen like say the germans, they still have great range and pretty good fire chance.  Sadly for JB, all its secondaries are in the back.  I would also point out while JB is a fantastic boat, its not the most tanky tier 9 BB(probably the least), so using your secondaries is even harder.  You will eat a lot of HE damage as you push in and throughout the match. 

JB has some of the best AA in high tiers, so taking skills to make that stronger is ok, though AA changes so often i wouldn't bother with it.   It is good enough as is. 

I love the german bb line so I am used to pushing and even overextending at times so I guess I will go the secondary route.:cap_rambo:

Yeah, most of the matches until now I have played with JB has been close calls, except when I haven`t pushed enough.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,837 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, Silver_kun said:

I don't think so, but then, I'm cheap.

You know you can get it for Coal, right?

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
327 posts
9,300 battles
1 hour ago, Silver_kun said:

I am enjoying the ship a lot and surprisingly doing well even in ranked with it but am doubtful if it is worth the amount. 

Also, thanks for the advice.

Not sure I'd spend $80 for it when you can get it for coal in the Armory. Will have to get the coal from the more resources containers in the daily xp containers and some missions, but will take time and patience. That's how I got mine. If you want it bad enough and right now, and have the money to spend, I'd say go for it. Beats spending $80 bucks on going to the movies a couple of times in my opinion, lol. 

• Cool 1