You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
0cmersh

Georgia Build Feedback

15 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
5,461 battles

I wanted to get some feedback on my Georgia build. I've got 25 battles in her so far. I went with a hybrid secondary/survival build, and while my damage seems to be on the low end (80 - 100k), I am winning matches and maintaining a good k/d ratio. Mostly wanted to get thoughts on not getting IFHE (as it only increases damage vs cruisers) and AR, because I tend to push really hard (though I know she isn't the best brawler) and I didn't want the EM buff on Halsey to go to waste, and the extra turret traverse helps. Secondary damage seems to be averaging about 1/4 to 1/5 of my total damage, though sometimes higher. I use a fighter, instead of a spotter. The 19th point I am wanting to get the extra fighter perk.

Any thoughts would be great, thanks!

Captain Skills.PNG

Upgrades.PNG

Edited by 0cmersh

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,695 posts
5 minutes ago, 0cmersh said:

I wanted to get some feedback on my Georgia build. I've got 25 battles in her so far. I went with a hybrid secondary/survival build, and while my damage seems to be on the low end (80 - 100k), I am winning matches and maintaining a good k/d ratio. Mostly wanted to get thoughts on not getting IFHE (as it only increases damage vs cruisers) and AR, because I tend to push really hard (though I know she isn't the best brawler) and I didn't want the EM buff on Halsey to go to waste, and the extra turret traverse helps. Secondary damage seems to be averaging about 1/4 to 1/5 of my total damage, though sometimes higher. I use a fighter, instead of a spotter. The 19th point I am wanted to get the extra fighter perk.

Any thoughts would be great, thanks!

Captain Skills.PNG

Upgrades.PNG

Drop the concealment.  Get IFHE instead.   It makes a HUGE difference in the amount of secondary damage you deal.  Concealment on battleships these days is largely useless except for sniper BBs. . . which Georgia is most definitely not.

Drop Superintendant.  Get the Fire/Flooding Time Reduction one instead.

Drop the ammo swap.  Get the detection one instead.

Georgia is meant to be played aggressively as a fun ship.  That means a full on secondary build.  No bow camping or hiding behind islands.

• Cool 2

[N-W-T]
Members
1,920 posts
7,572 battles

I think IFHE vs CE is a personal choice. It's not as useful at T9, but when you do catch a cruiser that it can pen it can be devastating. 

Also think PT is better than fighter or EL. It's often useful because it can indicate when a DD drops its torps at you, giving you a better edge at dodging. 

Members
6 posts
5,461 battles
6 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Drop the concealment.  Get IFHE instead.   It makes a HUGE difference in the amount of secondary damage you deal.  Concealment on battleships these days is largely useless except for sniper BBs. . . which Georgia is most definitely not.

Drop Superintendant.  Get the Fire/Flooding Time Reduction one instead.

Drop the ammo swap.  Get the detection one instead.

Georgia is meant to be played aggressively as a fun ship.  That means a full on secondary build.  No bow camping or hiding behind islands.

I initially went with CE because Georgia is so fast, so with that in mind CE helps to get into position for flanking.

Thanks for the feedback.

Beta Testers
116 posts
8,934 battles

On a ship like Georgia with only 3 turrets/6 barrels Preventative Maintenance is a winner in my book. You lose a front turret and you're down on gunpower by 50%. 

I think on my Mass/Georgia captain I run

PT/PM
AR
BFT
MFC/IFHE/AFT

That's pretty much a full secondary build, giving up added HP and heal charges. The Georgia has a good heal, and with AR you can get your reload stupid quick if you're getting punished.  BFT + all 3 secondary skills at tier 4 makes for 11.3km of hell for anything close that you can target. I've had many 2-3 Close Quarters Expert games with this build, and I think at least one 4.

Members
6 posts
5,461 battles
3 minutes ago, SouthboundPachyderm said:

On a ship like Georgia with only 3 turrets/6 barrels Preventative Maintenance is a winner in my book. You lose a front turret and you're down on gunpower by 50%. 

I think on my Mass/Georgia captain I run

PT/PM
AR
BFT
MFC/IFHE/AFT

That's pretty much a full secondary build, giving up added HP and heal charges. The Georgia has a good heal, and with AR you can get your reload stupid quick if you're getting punished.  BFT + all 3 secondary skills at tier 4 makes for 11.3km of hell for anything close that you can target. I've had many 2-3 Close Quarters Expert games with this build, and I think at least one 4.

What portion of your damage is damage due to secondary hits usually?

Members
6 posts
5,461 battles
17 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I think IFHE vs CE is a personal choice. It's not as useful at T9, but when you do catch a cruiser that it can pen it can be devastating. 

Also think PT is better than fighter or EL. It's often useful because it can indicate when a DD drops its torps at you, giving you a better edge at dodging. 

Do you think PT would be better than the extra fighter plane?

Members
6 posts
5,461 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

To add: Drop Expert Marksman for Adrenaline Rush.

What do you think about keeping the T9 upgrade for dispersion? I was thinking about the reload booster as well.

Beta Testers
116 posts
8,934 battles
1 minute ago, 0cmersh said:

What portion of your damage is damage due to secondary hits usually?

It's very battle-specific, but I'd say on average 35-40% of my damage (at least in the Mass, don't have enough battles in Georgia yet) are from secondary hits and associated fires.  A lot has to do with how the enemy plays to your positioning. I've had high damage battles with almost no secondary hits and massive 300+ secondary hit games while I apparently can't aim to save my life. 

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,897 posts
3,940 battles

For your captain he looks fine. I run zero secondary skills in random battles, but I know many love secondaries. I would pass on IFHE because it helps most with cruisers, which you can bully around with your main battery anyhow. 8 points is already a heavy investment, 12 is craziness. I would keep the boosted EM, but AR is very nice if you find yourself brawling hard.

For your upgrades I would swap slot 4. Either go the propulsion for the 0-40 knot lolz, or do DCP mod 2 for the reduced fire time.  Not that rudder shift is bad... I just personally prefer the other two. 

Not sure how well off you are financially, but it might be worth selling your soul for the engine boost mod in slot 2. Four minutes at 40 knots is frankly hilarious.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,753 posts
20,671 battles
13 minutes ago, 0cmersh said:

What do you think about keeping the T9 upgrade for dispersion? I was thinking about the reload booster as well.

Your upgrades are fine.

I will add as an option, discard SGM2 in favor of DCSM2 for the fire / flood time reduction against you.  I've done that to almost all my BBs, even High Tier ones.  Basically, DCSM2 is a way to have Basics of Survivability without taking the trait itself.  Do understand, BOS & DCSM2 effects stack, but if you can't afford BOS into your captain build, DCSM2 is a way to have it.  Again, you don't have to take DCSM2, but I have found I can live without SGM2 on all my BBs these days (Except Roma and Vanguard) and appreciate having DCSM2 in place instead.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[N-W-T]
Members
1,920 posts
7,572 battles
13 minutes ago, 0cmersh said:

Do you think PT would be better than the extra fighter plane?

Yes. CVs know to avoid fighters. Avoiding two is no different than avoiding one. If they're dumb enough to fly into fighter coverage, your good AA and the fighter are going to shred them anyway. 

I'd go PT and EM for your level 1 skills. 

[KRAB]
Members
875 posts
7,323 battles

Use superintendant - the extra heal means more than the fire duration defuff, especially if you are taking any direct HE or AP damage (which you are). 

If you are going to hybrid between secondaries and survivability, drop CE for fire prevention. FP has a significantly bigger impact on survivability than BoS does, as it is effectively a -25% to your amount of fires taken (assuming random shell hits), not including the flat -10% fire resistance. 

I would run either the following hybrid build:

1 Point: Priority Target and Preventative Maintenance

2 Points: Expert Marksman (If you use MBM3) or Adrenaline Rush (if you use the dispersion mod)

3 Points: Superintendent

4 Points: Fire Prevention AFT Manual Secondaries

The other option is a standard tank build - just pretend you are a Yamato.

PT

AR EM

SI BoS

CE FP