You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nachoo31

Next Sprint: No Star Save!

25 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,306 posts
10,225 battles

Give it try, why not?

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,695 posts

Yeah the save a star thing was a stupid idea from the jump.  Ever since people play to not lose a star, instead of playing to win.  It ruined the whole format.

Guess where the idea originated. . . right here on this forum.

Just keep that in mind when you see people propose "brilliant" solutions to problems on here.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,502 posts
8,105 battles

Not sure what they have to lose when they go with that.  Are people going to quit early?

[KWF]
Members
3,741 posts
5,401 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Yeah the save a star thing was a stupid idea from the jump.  Ever since people play to not lose a star, instead of playing to win.  It ruined the whole format.

Guess where the idea originated. . . right here on this forum.

Just keep that in mind when you see people propose "brilliant" solutions to problems on here.

Save a star isn't a necessarily bad thing. The factors by which XP is calculated and the way it affects specific classes in Ranked is the issue.

• Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,867 posts
13,978 battles
4 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Not sure what they have to lose when they go with that.  Are people going to quit early?

you know, thats a good point, i dont see why keep playing a battle how is lost from beguinner if i cant save my star.

• Boring 1

[DPG]
Members
1,749 posts
7,804 battles

Yeah that won't backfire at all.  "It's not fair, I'm consistently top of the team and I keep losing ranks!"  Get rid of stars altogether.  Slightly increase the number of wins to get to each rank if it will make purists happy.  The people that drag down your teams will still take a really long time to rank out.  However, losing won't mean losing progress.  Less salt, fewer people playing to save stars.  It seems like a win/win.

Edited by Amenhir
  • Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,695 posts
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

you know, thats a good point, i dont see why keep playing a battle how is lost from beguinner if i cant save my star.

Because often people are wrong.  Was playing a ranked game yesterday.  1 min in, some guy is like "Well we lost."   Except we didn't.  We crushed them.  The game is not over until its over.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,502 posts
8,105 battles
3 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Yeah that won't backfire at all.  "It's not fair, I'm consistently top of the team and I keep losing ranks!"

To which I say

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP

You lose, you lose.

That's the rules.

You don't like it?  Go back to random.

[WOLF5]
3,306 posts
10,225 battles
12 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Give it try, why not?

Or add more Stars per level and make it a standard amount of XP or Kills to save the star.  Have multiple people saving stars.  Maybe the whole team.  I'm just throwing ideas.. keep the thoughts and opinions going...

• Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,867 posts
13,978 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Because often people are wrong.  Was playing a ranked game yesterday.  1 min in, some guy is like "Well we lost."   Except we didn't.  We crushed them.  The game is not over until its over.

Sometimes it is, but i'm not talking about literaly quit in the first min, i'm just saying, why i will lost my time, keep trying, for something maybe in 5~10% change to a win if i can just quit and start a new match? its save my time sinse i will going lose in 90% of this cases anyway.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,319 battles

@Nachoo31 sure why not? WG seems to making a habit of caving to a few MAKE THE GAME EXACTLY AS I WANT IT whiners.

[DPG]
Members
1,749 posts
7,804 battles
2 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

To which I say

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP

You lose, you lose.

That's the rules.

You don't like it?  Go back to random.

Except when you keep losing.  The impression I'm getting from you is that you seem to think the only reason you lose is because of people playing to save their star.  I'd also like to point out that those aren't the rules.  Feel free to cut off your nose to spite your face, buttercup.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
10,710 battles
21 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Give it try, why not?

Ranked been out a week and we already got a sprint in the chamber???

[WOLF5]
3,306 posts
10,225 battles
3 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Ranked been out a week and we already got a sprint in the chamber???

Pretty sure they already do... LOL .. sorry...

Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
35 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

You save stars by XP.

You gain XP by capping,  doing damage, spotting,  not dying early,  and generally contributing.

Playing to get max XP is pretty much the best way to help your team win.

• Cool 2

Members
1,653 posts
10,044 battles

meh, if the lose a star on lose system is still there, not going to bother with it. 

the only upside(it had downsides) to the save a star system was that it saved you at least some time when you lost and played well.  losing is already punishing enough, with the waste of time being the chief punishment. 

[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles

If anything, players deserve a star if they made 1200+ xp on a loss and players who makes less than 400xp on a win, should not get a star. 

• Cool 4

[DPG]
Members
1,749 posts
7,804 battles
49 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

You save stars by XP.

You gain XP by capping,  doing damage, spotting,  not dying early,  and generally contributing.

Playing to get max XP is pretty much the best way to help your team win.

Except you can do absolutely nothing to assist your team and still save your star.  Then there are people that bend over backwards to help the team and end up third.  Sit and farm two BBs will get you a lot of xp, and do nothing towards a win.

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,695 posts
47 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Except you can do absolutely nothing to assist your team and still save your star.  Then there are people that bend over backwards to help the team and end up third.  Sit and farm two BBs will get you a lot of xp, and do nothing towards a win.

This.

Exactly this.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,502 posts
8,105 battles
2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Except when you keep losing.  The impression I'm getting from you is that you seem to think the only reason you lose is because of people playing to save their star.  I'd also like to point out that those aren't the rules.  Feel free to cut off your nose to spite your face, buttercup.

No, the reason I keep losing is I'm crap sometimes & other times its because somebody is trying to save that star.  (Do not make the assumption that I am against this because I keep losing)

Regardless - we lost.

My point is nowhere else in this game do you get to keep something if you lose.    People who whine about losing something when they lose are..to be blunt...pathetic.

Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
3 hours ago, Amenhir said:

You 'can' do all sorts of things.

There are players who essentially yolo and get killed and are hoping their team carries them. 

Your villain the farmer, by contrast, is most likely tanking potential damage (as enemy BBs and CAs are hardly letting you fire at them without responding),which is a perfectly valid contribution .

If the position being taken is that eliminating the star save for top XP will foster more team based play, I don't think that can be argued for sufficiently. 

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad

[INTEL]
Members
11,523 posts
32,214 battles
5 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

Lots of ppl not getting this. Yesterday Our Idiot Yesterday our idiot Lion was torpedoed and sunk in the opening minutes but everyone kept playing because they wanted to keep their star.  without that possibility many playerd just would have parked their ship and gone to do something else.

[DPG]
Members
1,749 posts
7,804 battles
1 hour ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

You 'can' do all sorts of things.

There are players who essentially yolo and get killed and are hoping their team carries them. 

Your villain the farmer, by contrast, is most likely tanking potential damage (as enemy BBs and CAs are hardly letting you fire at them without responding),which is a perfectly valid contribution .

If the position being taken is that eliminating the star save for top XP will foster more team based play, I don't think that can be argued for sufficiently. 

You really think people are complaining about the guy tanking tons of potential damage, and living.  No, they're complaining about the guy at the limits of their range farming damage on non-priority targets because they've got a ton of hp.  At the beginning any target is a priority, but some targets are more valuable than others.