TheURLGuy

Rogue Wave: Summing up the Event!

47 comments in this topic

[GIR]
Members
101 posts
18,300 battles
31 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Any info on how many free Benhams were given? That would be pretty interesting.

I think it would cool to know how many Benhams and the Hill.

• Cool 2

Members
297 posts
8,457 battles

Iirc, the first ship in the list was the Messer (Z-52), so that explains why it was the most played ship - it's probably the first ship highlighted (probably due to the complaints that it's underperforming in-game and they wanted us to test it out) and therefore played. It's interesting that Sea Devil (Shimakaze) was the most played Level 2 and Stealthedo (Daring) was the most played Level 3 - they were all a continuation of the Messer line. However, it could also indicate that line was the most easiest/enjoyable to play. The Barracuda line was the least enjoyed, probably due to the low range torps.

[N-F-H]
[N-F-H]
Members
32 posts
4,266 battles

really enjoyed the event!!! so much so,  i ground out the hill and benham w/ skins :Smile_medal:

benham in ranked ? awesome!

got lots of cool things from the armory too , but , would love to see the logo become a flag that we could of received,  ts too cool!!

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
126 posts
16,708 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Charr said:

I think it would cool to know how many Benhams and the Hill.

Free Hills can be checked by Hall of Fame, at least 5120 given out.  Free Benhams will be less that number.

[MR-1]
Members
390 posts
13,616 battles
3 hours ago, TheURLGuy said:

The post-apocalyptic in-game event is over, and it's time to sum up the results.

Read it on the portal

HOORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THANK GOD THE [edited] IS GONE  . FOR GOOD I HOPE  . IT WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF A MONTH FOR ME  NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE SAVAGE BATTLE

ON THE MAIN SERVER . played one on the PT server which made my dession not to play any on the main

Please don't bring this [edited] back .

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles
2 hours ago, TheURLGuy said:

The post-apocalyptic in-game event is over, and it's time to sum up the results.

Glad it was in the game for those who like that kind of stuff. Personally tired of looking at it and glad it is gone. It held zero interest for me. 

• Cool 8

[_RNG_]
Beta Testers
313 posts
12,173 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Any info on how many free Benhams were given? That would be pretty interesting.

That's the only thing i wanted to know personally.

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,426 battles
12 minutes ago, Petrishnikov said:

Hated it.  Only suffered through it yo get Benham

Tried it a couple of times and HATED it.  Could not envision suffering through it to get the Benham (I'm also not a DD main or even that much of a DD player).  Have been in random games where Benham players have been awesome (and makes we wonder if I should have attempted the suffering).

• Cool 1

[DURPX]
Members
61 posts
4,077 battles

All 9 ships by one team?  I have a screenshot of that one.

shot-19.07.20_16.22.59-0675.jpg

Edited by Raytesh
Correct picture.

[WNSTN]
Members
72 posts
7,576 battles

Actually enjoyed this quite a bit. The arms race made people fight it out with strats and work as a team. 

A bit of a grind but I was much happier once I found out the higher level ships earned more credits. And yes, the Benham is a lot of fun. Torpy torpy torpy. Best area denial.

Edited by OilyBusiness
Fix

[VO_0V]
Members
5 posts
13,328 battles
2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

HOORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THANK GOD THE [edited] IS GONE  . FOR GOOD I HOPE  . IT WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF A MONTH FOR ME  NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE SAVAGE BATTLE

ON THE MAIN SERVER . played one on the PT server which made my dession not to play any on the main

Please don't bring this [edited] back .

I played one battle! I'm gonna cry about it! :D

The event was largely fun although it did get very grindy, I do like these events for the most part though.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[DURPX]
Members
61 posts
4,077 battles

I found the most fun was DIV'ing up with 2 other guys in the clan and just torpedoing everything in sight.  In that respect we ground out the whole thing in no time flat.  Usually a couple of hours but had a crap ton of fun doing it. 

Edited by Raytesh

[RSLYR]
Beta Testers
2 posts
3,414 battles

I might be in the minority here but i enjoyed the knife fighting DD brawls with the gunboats, torp boats. Though the overall event was hella grindy.

Edited by Zer0megaXX
Clarification.
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,025 posts
19,577 battles

Nope, this was way to grindy an event.  Same thing, over, and over, and over.  French event much better with the added variety.  Don't get me wrong, the alternative games are kinda fun; but you shouldn't use it as a wall.

• Cool 2

Members
297 posts
8,457 battles
1 hour ago, Raytesh said:

All 9 ships by one team?  I have a screenshot of that one.

My team did it before as well, but I think they meant all nine ships were sunk by one *player*.

[DURPX]
Members
61 posts
4,077 battles
18 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

My team did it before as well, but I think they meant all nine ships were sunk by one *player*.

That is insane to do it 9 kills.  I guess the translation might not have been the most accurate.

[OIL-1]
Members
391 posts
2 hours ago, Zer0megaXX said:

i enjoyed the knife fighting DD brawls with the gunboats, torp boats. Though the overall event was hella grindy.

Agreed. Great mode. Lots of fun. But the grind sucked. Ended up making it not fun. Benham is cool. Love it.

• Cool 1