You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
eviltane

My "whishlist" for patching WG and WoWs

8 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
1,083 posts
5,341 battles

General WG changes:

• Timed events double in length. In such a fashion that players get twice as much time to meet all requirements.
  • Every second patch is a bug patch along with the usual balancing. No new ships or lines added for this.
  • 6 months after a timed event ends the art assets are reused to create a permanent campaign with the same theme.
  • "NTC" is turned into a permanent re-playable campaign structure. Keep any ship you like. The missions will require you to buy ships you don't yet have of a certain line and play through them in order. The missions require captains to earn as much XP as it would take to unlock the next ship. Rewards are tokens that allow you to purchase special ships.

These changes will over time have the following effects:

1. Increase player engagement with timed events as more people will have time to complete them.
  2. Build a large library of permanent campaigns that keep people with little play time engaged long term.
  3. Said library will also further player engagement as even years after an event there are campaigns to play alongside old ship lines.
  4. Increase sales of "premium time" because of the extra mission slot.
  5. Decrease the amount of development time for making new ships as less new ships and lines are needed.
  6. The extra dev time can be used for balancing, bug patching, updating of old models and maps , making new maps, reworking the interface.
  7. Give long time players reasons to replay old ships without having to sell and loose access to their favorite ships.
  8. Increase player counts at the lower tiers as they replay ship lines willingly to complete missions.
  • Cool 8
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,251 posts
14,714 battles
13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Change the heading, you give the impression these are SuperTest notes.

Agreed, OP I'll be changing your title. 

Please avoid using formatting/etc that is misleading to others and could be perceived as impersonating staff. 

• Angry 1

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
1,083 posts
5,341 battles

2 hours ago, awiggin said:

Change the heading, you give the impression these are SuperTest notes.

1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

Agreed, OP I'll be changing your title. 

Please avoid using formatting/etc that is misleading to others and could be perceived as impersonating staff. 

Huh got it. I wont use it again though the part of the reason was to make a play on that. 

I could never figure out the "ST" before. I always read it as the abbreviation of "Saint", figured it was a eastern European thing . I guess now the comma instead of a dot  and the capitalized of the T makes more sense now. 

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
818 posts
16,127 battles

General WG changes:

• Timed events double in length. In such a fashion that players get twice as much time to meet all requirements.
    • Seems fair
  • 6 months after a timed event ends the art assets are reused to create a permanent campaign with the same theme.
    • Not enough +1 for this one. I´m sure there is a lot of captains looking for more operations
  • "NTC" is turned into a permanent re-playable campaign structure. Keep any ship you like. The missions will require you to buy ships you don't yet have of a certain line and play through them in order. The missions require captains to earn as much XP as it would take to unlock the next ship. Rewards are tokens that allow you to purchase special ships.
    • I wish

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
702 posts
3,683 battles

I don't think patching WG can be done at this point, I think the only thing sensible at this point is a rollback. :Smile-_tongue:

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,319 battles

Somewhere in there is a cry for make the game the way I want it to be coupled with dumb it down even more.