You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pussnboats

Steering Bug

10 comments in this topic

[AN2AC]
[AN2AC]
Members
150 posts

Still have the steering bug where my ship will go hard to the other side automatically without me pressing anything.  I happens as soon as I try to straighten up.

Can we fix this already

Members
1,951 posts
6,170 battles

Try a different keyboard. could be a signal problem in a worn keyboard. This is not a game problem

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,897 posts
3,940 battles

They also changed the audio for steering. I believe its once you straighten up, it makes that unmistakable 'clang' as if you are doing a hard Q/E turn. 

Is your ship actually going into a hard turn? Or is it just an audio cue you are hearing?

[PACNW]
Members
35 posts
2,741 battles
50 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Try a different keyboard. could be a signal problem in a worn keyboard. This is not a game problem

It is not a keyboard problem. Numerous people are having this issue (it is a known bug). 
When using Q/E to try to set your steering to center it can skip right past center and go to the opposite end. 

Edit: here is a link to another thread where folks are having this issue. 

Edited by GaussDeath

[BS]
Members
1,876 posts
9,543 battles

this bug has caused me to lose multiple ranked game because in the heat of the action i don't realize my damn ship is turning and i hit an island

[BS]
Members
1,876 posts
9,543 battles

how the hell isn't this fixed already? ridiculous, this should be something they fix in 3 hours

Members
1,860 posts
6,828 battles
3 hours ago, Pussnboats said:

Still have the steering bug where my ship will go hard to the other side automatically without me pressing anything.  I happens as soon as I try to straighten up.

Can we fix this already

Indeed, though it might be a different bug, the problem isn't limited to ships.

1.  Autopilots in my CV's are failing to make turns and are allowing the ship to plow straight on into whatever awaits them (usually and island or beach).

2.  Occasionally CV planes suffer from a game-freeze and suddenly spin in tight circles (it is like watching a malfunctioning compass) for several seconds.

Affected ships, Hermes, Furious, Hosho, Ryujo.

[AN2AC]
[AN2AC]
Members
150 posts

it is not my keyboard.  If my ship is fixed hard to one side, then we I go to straighten up the game will decided to steer hard to the opposite direction.  This happened after the last patch and is still happening for me.  I saw many many post about this topic ages ago but cant believe WG still has not fixed this most annoying bug which has caused me to die many times when I don't catch the game doing this to me.

[MORSV]
Members
5 posts
3,829 battles

Auto pilot fails whenever the collision warning goes activates. The auto pilot just does nothing leading to many times where you would miss land by a large margin sailing into it. The auto steering in options is also turned off.