Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

A citadel struck sound effect question

4 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,034 posts
21,539 battles

Playing a Mogador in Islands of Ice. Atago came from behind of an island broadside to me at 5 km . Fired AP and then turned on the MRB. Scored  2 then 3 citadels in quick succession. What would had been the sound effect been like for the Atago player? Would there had been a citadel struck sound effect?

Spoiler

shot-19_08.15_23_11.38-0481.thumb.jpg.93bc6dd74f31a57a1d50157decb1e8dc.jpg

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,781 posts
9,649 battles

As far as I can recall it's not actually not a citadel struck sound effect, but a "heavy damage" sound effect that kicks in when you lose x percent of health in a hit.  Of course, the most common reason for that would be citadels, but I've definitely had everything go tinnitus on me when I was in my Bismarck.  Now...  I'm not sure whether it counts successive strikes, but I'd wager if it did it'd be the same as the devastating strike timeframe and wouldn't kick in if it took multiple rounds of main battery fire.

Members
532 posts
4,878 battles
3 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Playing a Mogador in Islands of Ice. Atago came from behind of an island broadside to me at 5 km . Fired AP and then turned on the MRB. Scored  2 then 3 citadels in quick succession. What would had been the sound effect been like for the Atago player? Would there had been a citadel struck sound effect?

Hide contents

Landing those cits with the Mog feels good right? I’ve dropped light cruisers in seconds with AP in that fine ship. 

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
952 posts
12,607 battles
4 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Reveal hidden contents

You'd only hear it with the first citadel hit, but not the others due to the tinnitus effect.

3 hours ago, Kenjister said:

As far as I can recall it's not actually not a citadel struck sound effect, but a "heavy damage" sound effect that kicks in when you lose x percent of health in a hit.  Of course, the most common reason for that would be citadels, but I've definitely had everything go tinnitus on me when I was in my Bismarck.  Now...  I'm not sure whether it counts successive strikes, but I'd wager if it did it'd be the same as the devastating strike timeframe and wouldn't kick in if it took multiple rounds of main battery fire.

It's definitely a heavy damage trigger.  Been numerous times where the tinnitus effect triggers while I'm in a DD due to suffering extensive damage from a salvo.

Oddly enough, it's rare for me to have this effect trigger when torpedoed in any class, but it has happened. :cap_hmm:

Sign in to follow this