Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

Participation on PTS is a joke

7 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
322 posts
14,745 battles

It seems like every time there is a new PTS cycle the participation goes down even more.  I just logged off, and after I left there would have been 226 players total.  Random battles have become Random Co-op battles and the 1 minute timer does not start a game at the 1 minute mark.  I was in queue for 5:10 when I logged out in disgust.

Obviously the pain is not worth the gain for most people.  The biggest problem is time spent on PTS takes away from time on the N/A server.  Since we're driving our own ships on PTS, perhaps WG should consider letting the xp and captain's points earned there count on the main server.  And of course wasting a day of premium time playing on PTS should be fixed as well.

I really want to do my part with the testing, but right now I can't see why I should waste my time in endless queues before fighting bots in Random Battles.  

End of rant.

• Cool 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,206 battles

Same here. Perhaps you should put this in the PT 8.7 feedback section. Or address it to Gneisenau013

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles

The big problem with the PTS is that it takes away from the grind of the Live servers. Many players just don't have unlimited time to play the game and have to spend it wisely. Wargaming has increased the prizes for playing on the test server and that is good, but the bigger issue is that it is kind of a waste of time for players grinding their way up the tech tree, working on events/missions, and building experienced captains. Two of those problems are solvable by giving players on the Live server Free Xp and Elite Captain XP earned on the PTS. As much as I hate to say it, maybe they need a new resource like Elite Ship XP that could be earned on the PTS and credited to ships on the Live server. That way players can play there without the feeling they are wasting their time. Not sure what to do about events, maybe someone smarter may have an idea. Maybe something like "mission tokens" or the like that you earn and can be used to skip over missions on the Live server. Kind of what Tanks does with Campaigns where if you complete missions with honors, you get a chit that can be used to skip missions. 

• Cool 5

[SALVO]
Members
23,283 posts
23,917 battles

Unless and until every single thing I might do on the public test server counts towards everything I'm grinding on my account on the live server, there's not a chance in heII that I'll ever go to the PTS.  PTS is a waste of *MY* time.  And a few signals or camos or whatever doesn't make up for all the lost time where I might be grinding the live server's current event, or my daily missions, or ranked or clan battles.

[ABCD3]
Members
369 posts
8,815 battles

Agree the queue time just does not cut it.  

[STW-D]
Members
231 posts

I have been playing on the PTS ever since it was first offered over a year ago.  Here are my observations:

-- Most of the PTS rewards for the live server are not that difficult.  For this PTS: 3x of all the usual flags for a single coop or random battle; 10x Type 6 camos for playing 3 random/ranked battles (not winning, just playing); and 10 Type 59 camos (200%) for shooting down 100 planes where every coop game has a cv, and most of the random games too (thanks to a cv mission.) 

-- There are some PTS rewards that require extra time / effort to obtain -- you can just skip those.

-- The PTS is global -- and there are more players on the CIS (Russian) and EU (European) servers than the NA server.  200 players is normal for a slow NA prime time, 500-600 is normal for a slow CIS/EU prime time.

-- Most players get in, get their rewards while trying new stuff, and then leave.  The first weekend is the busiest, with the second weekend down by more than 1/2.  This is the third weekend - the smallest of all.  Usually the PTS first weekend starts on a Thursday 1230pm.  Sign on then -- you'll see 1500 to 2000 players during CIS/EU prime time for most of that first weekend.

-- Ranked battles?  Yeah... gotta rank out on on the first couple of days in that first weekend, otherwise forget it.

-- And the main benefit: You can play with all the tech tree ships, with 15-19 point captains.  Test drive any silver ship, try different captain builds, and try out whatever new mechanics the PTS is there to test.  (Those Kremlin guns are beastly!)

-- Sometimes you get a survey about the new features of the PTS.  I bet WG looks at those responses :-)

• Cool 1

Members
532 posts
4,878 battles

Yeah I’m not sure what they’re thinking. I log on to test server, look at rewards, and log off. I already tested one bunk Italian cruiser and have no desire to grind out a bunch of games against bots to try and get the others. Apparently I missed one update and didn’t get the summer ship crate and I’m still salty about that. None of the rewards remotely interest me.

Sign in to follow this