You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Venac

Good luck all, research bureau just made harder.

66 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
678 posts
12,378 battles

No big deal for me. I have plenty of T10's but the whole re-do a line thing for nothing very interesting just doesn't appeal.

• Cool 3

Members
1,412 posts

I only have Gearing and Shimakaze, but i was not interest in this research thing. Wargaming over stepping lines alot lately

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
2 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

So whats your point?

I really think less than 1% will do this anyways.

Way less then that. I doubt the Forum has 1% of the active player base.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,272 battles

@Venac It cuts out no one at all. If one doesn't have what is needed then one should work on getting what is needed.

Those who have been playing 4 years like myself have enough tier 10s but if I didn't I wouldn't be concerned at all. I would do just as I am now, continuing to play without complaining to get more tier 10 ships.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,277 posts
22,015 battles

Have seven, so np; except for WG; because I likely won’t use the RC, and hardly play my T10s anyway.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,521 posts
12,983 battles
12 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

So whats your point?

I really think less than 1% will do this anyways.

Unless the reward ship is so over powered that it is a must I think you are right.

4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Have seven, so np; except for WG; because I likely won’t use the RC, and hardly play my T10s anyway.

I have 11 and pretty much only play them when in a division, cb or random. I am a ship collector and do not want to lose part of my collection five times to collect another ship. I think I will be passing.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts

lol you left out their reasoning ...

"The Research Bureau is designed for experienced players in World of Warships. We think that players with only two Tier X ships should focus on new content by trying other ship types and exploring new branches."

in other words grind more ships to unlock even more grind  :Smile-_tongue:

[PVE]
Members
10,236 posts
18,844 battles
53 minutes ago, Venac said:

WG probably just cut out a whole chunk of players able to do the RB. 

The number of Tier X ships that are needed to access the Research Bureau has been increased from 2 to 5.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-087/

I have every current line in the game done (and I even have the T9 French DD so will have T10 the day it becomes available) so I am WG's target player with this fiasco. 1, 2, 5, all lines, or whatever, it makes no difference to me as I wasn't doing it anyway.

The whole NTC/RB nonsense needs to just be taken out back and shot in the head, buried, and forgotten. Bad idea, own it, learn from it, and don't do it again.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 13
  • Boring 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,866 posts
13,975 battles

Thats not the system to s*cks the veterans free xp? 5 or 10 TX means nothing to most of us.

Members
64 posts
5,606 battles

Have 4 tech tree lines done but the RB holds 0 interest for me. I’m going to pretend it doesn’t exist.

Good luck to all those who decide to get involved. I wish you the best!

[EQRN]
Members
1,669 posts
13,924 battles

WG wasn’t listening very carefully during the NTC revolt, it wasn’t simply the ship upgrades people were having issues with.  In fact, in my case, it was the regrind aspect that chapped my hide, I really didn’t care what the reward was.  

When I purchase a T10, I think I know what women feel when they give birth: I love the baby, but sweet merciful crap I don’t want to do that again anytime soon.  

So seeing that WG is still under the delusion that regrinds are something people want is disheartening.  Make new content to keep exhausted players interested in the game - great!  But regrinding is not the solution, WG.

• Cool 4

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,866 posts
13,975 battles
34 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

WG Developers Idea of success

A waste.jpg

haha

thats me with premium cvs after cv reeeework

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
940 posts
8,193 battles

Yeah, this doesn’t interest me whatsoever. I’d rather keep my tier 10’s and not care about whatever ship is behind that grind time. It already took me long enough to make it where I’m at now. I would hate to have to reset 5 lines just to get 1 ship and have to grind 5 lines again. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,298 posts
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Pretty much this^

I have 6, but rarely play them, and could give a rat's hindquarters about redoing lines.:Smile_glasses:

[USCC2]
Beta Testers
1,356 posts
12,039 battles

Just another failed didn't listen to the player we want your money mode.  I'll pass.  Their lucky some of their veteran players are still playing.

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles

Why would I regrind a line to get less than I got when I did it the first time? I kept the ships in each line I like...so I am supposed to repay to re-research ships I already have...or DIDN'T like the first time?!

you know, I didn't start playing WoWS with a cynical attitude. I had to be taught.

Edited by Thornir
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
653 posts
2,351 battles

Problem with a huge, arbitrary grind is that either it's not worth the pure butt in chair time,  or it's so overpowered there is no choice if you want to be meta. People complain about some of the RNG or MM challenges to get reward tanks in World of Tanks but nothing like how Frontline is loathed. Getting a T55A takes persistence and brains; getting the Frontline AE Phase 1 requires nothing but driving forward, firing and doing so for hundreds of hours. 

This idea is worse than the AE Phase 1 because it could literally be botted and someone would get it done eventually. 

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles

I was not interested in this before, and the increase means that I will remain uninterested.

I only ever wanted a couple of particular T10's anyway (one I have, the other I'm working towards); there is NO WAY IN HELL I would have been motivated to regrind either of them, even if the lower limit had been one.

Let the grind fanatics who have all the lines and would happily regrind all the lines again in the current meta have their fun.