You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Femennenly

PSA: Republic Tokens to be Converted

23 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator
2,249 posts
14,707 battles

Heyo Captains!

Just a small reminder that with 8.8 approaching soon on the Horizon, with this update remaining Republic Tokens will be converted into Credits at a rate of 1:12,000 credits. 

image.png

If you have anymore of these tokens, make sure you spend them in the armory before this updates releases. The Legion of Honor bundles are a great way to get off to a good start with the FR DD line!

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

The Legion of Honor bundles are a great way to get off to a good start with the FR DD line!

So are the T5 to T8 permacamos, if you have any intention of going up the Fr DD line. T5 permacamo in particular is rare as rocking-horse droppings in this game.

I have ONE miserable Republic token left, and it can do what it likes. Thanks to the compensation bonus, I was able to get all four event permacamos and a handful of Riviera one-shots on the side. Thanks, WG! 

Not enough tokens to finish the LOH bundle chain, but the permacamos are going to be better value for me in the long term and they were more or less what I actually wanted out of this event from the start, so that was a big plus.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,853 posts
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So are the T5 to T8 permacamos, if you have any intention of going up the Fr DD line. T5 permacamo in particular is rare as rocking-horse droppings in this game.

Aye.  If you are planning on resetting lines for the RB, this is a good option. You can get the T5-T8 permacamos for this line for free.  Using perma camos is slower than burning a bunch of 100% camos to regrind the line but if you are going the "free" route, the free camos make this is a good line for it.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Use perma camos is slower than burning a bunch of 100% camos to regrind the line but if you are going the "free" route, this is a good line for it.

I'm not planning on being able to do any resets until the sun burns out, but I'd like to be able to take these ships out in co-op and grind them casually just to have at least a bit of time at each tier, and I'd rather not waste one-shot camos if I don't have to. For Vauquelin, which needs to be fully ground out, and for Fantasque, which I haven't got yet, that's up to five thousand doubloons I don't have to spend (the minimum cost of regular permacamos at those tiers), which I can put towards something else (cough cough WARSPITE NATIONAL cough cough).

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
12,965 battles

I used the 75 tokens for a day of premium to speed up some grinds, I guess that's legit!

I don't really buy premium any more so higher earnings for a day here and there is quite nice.

[BNKR]
Members
1,489 posts
1,797 battles
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

For a second I thought you meant the other French token.

Oof. Way too many currencies...

No [edited] man. It's kind of ridiculous. Can't wait to collect meatballs for the Italian cruiser event.

Edited by RagingxMarmoset
  • Funny 4

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,066 posts
18,326 battles
33 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

No [edited] man. It's kind of ridiculous. Can't wait to collect meatballs for the Italian cruiser event.

Not meatballs, cannoli...

I'll get 60k from my 5 remaining tokens.

Edited by Khafni

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,853 posts
10 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I guess they could call them "Currency 1", "Currency 2" etc but seems a bit generic :).  WG doesn't want you saving currencies between events (which I understand) so they have to name them something so you can tell them apart.

[M-T-B]
Members
86 posts
6,455 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I guess they could call them "Currency 1", "Currency 2" etc but seems a bit generic :).  WG doesn't want you saving currencies between events (which I understand) so they have to name them something so you can tell them apart.

Never - Ever give up a solid positioning statement like Meatballs until page 6 of a post.  Then you can change.  Your Rome took his Tuscany …. the best he could counter would be linguini. Would you rather spam meatballs or cannoli?  Just sayin'  

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

36 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Pizzas? Though I agree that meatballs are probably the easiest thing to render as a very small icon.

[PVE]
Members
10,233 posts
18,829 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

OMG. I don't care what anyone might say that right there is freaking hilarious. :Smile_veryhappy:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,208 posts

I have 15 of the older French Tokens remaining, all I can do is let them convert.

And yeah, a new Token every time there's a new event is getting old.

[PVE]
Members
10,233 posts
18,829 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I have 15 of the older French Tokens remaining, all I can do is let them convert.

And yeah, a new Token every time there's a new event is getting old.

If they want to do tokens for events just do Armory Tokens and that way if you don't use them all they can carry over. But they won't do that as it would benefit the player too much and be easier. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,233 posts
18,829 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think you can get 1 camo for 7 (which is why I have 3).

I have almost 750 of those French Riviera camo's. Please no more...:Smile_hiding:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,208 posts
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

If they want to do tokens for events just do Armory Tokens and that way if you don't use them all they can carry over. But they won't do that as it would benefit the player too much and be easier. 

Yeap.  If they did that, there wouldn't be a deadline to obtain each new Token type pushing players to spend money, and players would be able to roll them over if the available items in a particular event's Armory tab were underwhelming. 

[WOLFG]
Members
7,408 posts
5,355 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have almost 750 of those French Riviera camo's. Please no more...:Smile_hiding:

I'll take almost anything over credits.  If they had economic flags, I'd take those first (probably not for 10 tokens though).

Members
699 posts
7,994 battles

Interestingly, you can get 450k credits for 20 Republic Tokens if you actually spend them in the Armory.  Allowing them to convert by themselves at 1:12000 will only get you 240k credits for that same 20.