TheURLGuy

It's Comeback Time! - Special Missions for Returning Players

45 comments in this topic

WG Staff
831 posts
723 battles

It's Comeback Time!

triplets.jpg

Everyone loves a comeback story and if you have been away from the game since June 1st or earlier, we have an awesome incentive for you!

• 5 Million Credits
  • 1 of 3 different battleships at 3 different tiers, certain conditions apply which are listed below:
    • 1-99 battles (Skipper): 14 day Dunkerque rental.

dunkerque_winback_fb.jpg

• 100-499 battles (Captain): 14 day Massachusetts rental.

massachu_winback_fb.jpg

• 500+ battles (Admiral): 14 day Jean Bart rental. 

jeanbart_winback_fb.jpg

• Special mission that will reward you with 5 French Destroyer containers:
    • Mission: Win 15 battles in your assigned rental ship:
      • Battle Type Restriction (Skipper): Random Battles or Co-Op Battles
      • Battle Type Restriction (Captain and Admiral): Random Battles , Ranked battles, or Clan Battles.

Mission Starts: Friday Aug. 16th at 4:20 AM PT / 7:20 AM ET.

Mission Ends: Monday Sept. 23rd at 4:20 AM PT / 7:20 AM ET.

A French container may contain:

fr containers.jpg

Please go to this page for more information: https://worldofwarships.com/join/6163_EN1

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

Following that link takes me to a "learn more" button, clicking that takes me to a 404 error page.

Community Department
3,065 posts
1,138 battles
1 hour ago, SpudZero said:

Following that link takes me to a "learn more" button, clicking that takes me to a 404 error page.

UPD: Thank you for the alarm, fixed currently. 

Edited by turbo07

[WHARF]
Members
187 posts
15,048 battles
8 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The "player base" has diminished that much, eh?
Gotta woo people back with toys & candy?  :cap_old:

How about that 10000 dollar prize to invite a friend....that should tell you something

Edited by dadeoo
Spelling
  • Funny 3

[SOFOP]
Members
1,650 posts
11,140 battles
22 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The "player base" has diminished that much, eh?
Gotta woo people back with toys & candy?  :cap_old:

14 minutes ago, dadeoo said:

How about that 10000 dollar prize to invite a friend....that should tell you something

You guys acting like this isn't fairly common for consumer based companies (even those doing well) is funny.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

Members
690 posts
8,690 battles

I invited my friend to return to the game and his response after looking things over was, "Why battleships?  I don't like battleships."  So I don't think he'll be back.  Maybe mix it up a bit with cruisers and DDs next time.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
329 posts
9,322 battles

Makes me chuckle to see WG thinks the French DD crates are an incentive to get players to come back. I doubt anyone would take them up on the offer if they knew the actual drop rates for the missions.  Btw... no missions from 30 of those crates I've opened, lol.

EDIT: I take my previous comments back.  I got the Jaguar mission just now.  1/34 are great odds, right?  Lol.                       

Edited by Colonel_Potter
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1

Members
12 posts
1,075 battles

So I logged back in, haven't played in many months. Nothing appeared in Port. No rental and no credits...

• Angry 1

[CRF]
Members
496 posts
6,820 battles
4 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Makes me chuckle to see WG thinks the French DD crates are an incentive to get players to come back. I doubt anyone would take them up on the offer if they knew the actual drop rates for the missions.  Btw... no missions from 30 of those crates I've opened, lol.                              

Pretty much where I am at also, even bought 1 premium and 2 regular with doubloons - MISTAKE!!!! (tho 150 of the doubloons was from the premium crate)

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
2,079 posts
18,712 battles

So, those of us who stayed on and played through the live testing crapshow are chopped liver?

• Cool 5

[WDWTS]
Members
4 posts
8,014 battles

Yeah, I despise the practice of rewarding new or returning customers.  Telecoms are usually the worst about that kind of thing, but here it is afflicting the game we love.  I understand the desire to entice players to come back, but it certainly puts a bad taste in our mouths.  I'd like to understand the thought process that makes them think it's fair to the people who keep their game alive.

• Cool 4

[SNH]
Members
1 post
2,834 battles

yep, ditto. no creds, no rental ship... :Smile_sceptic:

2 hours ago, WhyRun said:

So I logged back in, haven't played in many months. Nothing appeared in Port. No rental and no credits...

[OGF]
Members
747 posts
27,034 battles

This is swell!  Now, how about some even specialer missions for your faithful veteran players who never left!

(Cue "The Cricket Song")!

• Cool 3

[OGF]
Members
747 posts
27,034 battles
52 minutes ago, Lev_Astov said:

Yeah, I despise the practice of rewarding new or returning customers.  Telecoms are usually the worst about that kind of thing, but here it is afflicting the game we love.  I understand the desire to entice players to come back, but it certainly puts a bad taste in our mouths.  I'd like to understand the thought process that makes them think it's fair to the people who keep their game alive.

Probably some Russian thing.

[-AA-]
[-AA-]
Members
14 posts
5,316 battles

What about the loyal players? So sure we won't give up someday feeling unappreciated? I'm from a country with a law against the gambling loot boxes so I'm out to get the cool stuff. Twilight zone for players like me. Specialy if you read events like these... 

So as a loyal player I get instant 5 mil credits I guess... Or maybe a fair go at obtaining admirals, ships,...

P. S. Do the subs good and you won't need to further discriminate players like this. Keep the ones still sailing happy would be a first step... Not this. 

Edited by AdmSevicson
  • Cool 3

Alpha Tester
166 posts
842 battles
15 hours ago, WhyRun said:

Same here. Did a battle just in case, nothing added to account. Logged out, probably not be logging back in. Smells a lot like a bait and switch.

[OGZR]
Members
8 posts
1,555 battles

No Jean Bart nor cashola upon my return, although there are rentals of a Marblehead and an Arizona in my port.

C'est la vie.

Edited by Zinjifrah
added

[-AA-]
[-AA-]
Members
14 posts
5,316 battles

For those who don't understand the article (as seen in the comments)... YOU need to PLAY first in order to get the ships. 1 battle is enough to get a rental Dunkerque... After 23rd of September. 

Alpha Tester
166 posts
842 battles
4 hours ago, AdmSevicson said:

For those who don't understand the article (as seen in the comments)... YOU need to PLAY first in order to get the ships. 1 battle is enough to get a rental Dunkerque... After 23rd of September. 

I have read and re-read the article and see nowhere that it says what you say it does. in fact this is what it does say...

🎶 The Boys are Back in Town! 🎶

Been away from the game awhile? The seas are still caling your name! 

Until Sept. 15, players who haven't played since June 1st or earlier can get a free 14-day Premium ship rental, 5,000,000 Credits, and an1bbb20f4-bf6e-11e9-8794-d89d6715223c_35xExclusive Mission to score 5 French Containers! The rental ship and mission will vary depending on your previous battle experience. 

Just log in and your ship will be waiting! 

[OGF]
Members
747 posts
27,034 battles

Looks like I'll have to stay away from the game for a few months to be offered any love from WG.  That being said, it sounds like the guys who have tried to come back aren't receiving what WG has promised them in writing.  Gee, what a surprise.

[CAAT]
Members
7 posts
2,110 battles

honestly, I read "It's Comeback Time" and immediately thought ohmigod, they're gonna rerun past events that newer players had missed! But nope, just French DD container "incentives" for players to come back and play WoWs….*sighs*

• Cool 1