You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kaitsuze

Thanks for the Atago WG!

23 comments in this topic

[TFP]
Members
17 posts
3,917 battles

I played with my greatest effort with my entire Japanese fleet during the event, it was an honorable and glorious great battle!  

By the way it is Kaitsuze no Katisuze

Thanks wg.png

• Cool 9

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
Just now, Kaitsuze said:

it was an honorable and glorious great battle! 

An honourable and glorious great result, too! Congratulations!

• Cool 1

[TFP]
Members
17 posts
3,917 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

An honourable and glorious great result, too! Congratulations!

Thanks!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,477 posts
16,267 battles

Grats! She's an older ship but still dependable.

• Cool 2

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,120 battles
1 hour ago, Kaitsuze said:

I played with my greatest effort with my entire Japanese fleet during the event, it was an honorable and glorious great battle!  

Thanks wg.png

Hey Kaitsuze,

Sorry that your name was misspelled, we will correct that =). Congrats on getting the Atago and if you have any questions or need help outfitting her, please don't hesitate to ask!

Congrats again =).

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FML]
Members
3,218 posts
13,702 battles
3 hours ago, Kaitsuze said:

Thanks wg.png

Wow, huge achievement. Coming first would seriously not have been easy. Well done!

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,218 posts
13,702 battles
23 minutes ago, Merkrestov said:

Gratz the for new ship, good to see some of the winners are real players and not bots.

Indeed. @Noob_CV I’ve seen in battle too. Well done as well. 

[TFP]
Members
17 posts
3,917 battles
2 hours ago, Kami said:

Hey Kaitsuze,

Sorry that your name was misspelled, we will correct that =). Congrats on getting the Atago and if you have any questions or need help outfitting her, please don't hesitate to ask!

Congrats again =).

No problem Kami! 

Thanks!

[TFP]
Members
17 posts
3,917 battles
19 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Wow, huge achievement. Coming first would seriously not have been easy. Well done!

Four days sailing morning to night in all my IJN Fleet! 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
678 posts
12,347 battles
45 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Very good ship, esp when not in t10. 

Better in T10, lots more XP and credits!

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,126 posts

Congrats. For 800 games, the Atago/Takao was my favorite ship. I don't play it as much as I used to but I still see people doing amazingly well in it, even in tier X matches.

[BARON]
Members
32 posts
3,810 battles

@Kaitsuze Congrats on first place! If you don't mind telling us, what was the point total that you got near the end? WG didn't release the top scores, but I am really curious. Would be cool to see how close the 2nd and 3rd place winners were.

[TRIBE]
Members
164 posts
12,546 battles
12 hours ago, hexeris said:

Better in T10, lots more XP and credits!

Agreed, I love my Atago. Things you can't take away from her no matter the tier, stealth 9.3.... Speed 35 base... These attributes don't care what tier, congrats 

[MIA-P]
Beta Testers
3,338 posts
5,257 battles
19 hours ago, Lert said:

Grats! She's an older ship but still dependable.

strange that a prem has had such a long shelf life. lots of them have been kinda power krept, or the game has changed around them, and negatively impacted them

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,120 battles
21 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I never did get a good feel for Atago.  Maybe I'll have to dust her off and see if I can play her any better now.

Hey The Dreadnought,

One of the big keys to using the Atago correctly is taking advantage of her good HE alpha damage combined with her great concealment. She is no joke in the AP department either but you need broadsides to really take advantage of the 203s. I suggest also making sure you are kiting away when playing the Atago, you never want to get trapped nose in. She can also stealth torp and when you are in an even tier game this can really surprise enemy ships so don't forget this tactic.

Good luck and enjoy giving the Atago another shot!

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,695 posts
1 hour ago, Kami said:

Hey The Dreadnought,

One of the big keys to using the Atago correctly is taking advantage of her good HE alpha damage combined with her great concealment. She is no joke in the AP department either but you need broadsides to really take advantage of the 203s. I suggest also making sure you are kiting away when playing the Atago, you never want to get trapped nose in. She can also stealth torp and when you are in an even tier game this can really surprise enemy ships so don't forget this tactic.

Good luck and enjoy giving the Atago another shot!

Thanks I will.   I think my problem is I'm just too aggressive a player.   I'll work on my kiting skills.  Thanks!

[RKLES]
Members
11,005 posts
12,551 battles
16 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Thanks I will.   I think my problem is I'm just too aggressive a player.   I'll work on my kiting skills.  Thanks!

What I have noticed Atago players doing is not paying attention to where enemy BBs are and where they may be heading as well as aiming. This is particularly deadly when a Bismarck is within Secondary range of your Atago as you have to assume Bismarck will be running hydro so your torpedoes will very likely not hit the Bismarck, secondary guns will be trying to deep fry you, and if the BB main guns are loaded with AP you will have tragic citadel hits. ( well other CAs can fail in this regard as well, but Atago citadel tends to be easier for me to hit) That’s often the result of being a little too aggressive in Atago.

So unless your laying a careful ambush using islands and torpedoes beware of getting too close. Now Atago does have some things going for it such as that very narrow hull which is makes it very difficult to hit at longer ranges, meanwhile the HE your Atago fires can light some nice fires on BBs before the Atago goes dark pretty much at the choosing of the Atago player if played right. This can make pursuing enemy ships reconsider the wisdom of chasing after you for very long.

Other option is to division with a good DD player, preferably a USN DD so that you get the best smoke in the game. Such a division can allow you to play a little more aggressively with some practice. Allows the tactics of smoke firing or smoke to cover your retreat to be used.

Finally I would like to congratulate you on getting Atago, IJN ships are some of my favorites. And hope you will enjoy your new ship. :Smile_smile: