You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mala_suerte71

Permacamos at tier 9

8 comments in this topic

Members
211 posts
17,831 battles

I enjoy play some tier 9s, and have some of them with the type 19, but even with the camo, its too expensive to play. Maybe if wg rise up the credit income some people play tier 9 more (better for tier 8s players).

Two ways:  a bonus for 15% of credits income on type 19 permacamo or  -30%-35% post battle repair cost(20% now), WG would sell more camos at this tier and I enjoy more :Smile_trollface:. Just an idea. Opinions?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,258 posts

Tier IX is mostly just a jumping off point for tier X, where the good perma-camos live. Unless you really like a ship at tier IX, I'd not bother perma-camoing it. I get by just fine with the standard eco flags and the clan eco benefit.

[CAST]
Members
4,808 posts
3,359 battles
24 minutes ago, Mala_suerte71 said:

I enjoy play some tier 9s, and have some of them with the type 19, but even with the camo, its too expensive to play. Maybe if wg rise up the credit income some people play tier 9 more (better for tier 8s players).

Two ways:  a bonus for 15% of credits income on type 19 permacamo or  -30%-35% post battle repair cost(20% now), WG would sell more camos at this tier and I enjoy more :Smile_trollface:. Just an idea. Opinions?

ROFL!!!

Oh man ... you've played many many matches. When did you first start? Cause playing tiers 9 and 10 used to be *significantly* more expensive than now. Like a huge difference. The maintenance costs for ship is tiny now compared to what they used to be.

But in all honestly, Wargaming does it this way to force high tier players into getting premium accounts.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
117 posts
9,015 battles

Going all the way back to the beginnings of World of Tanks, tier 7 was about as high as you could go without losing money unless you had a premium account. The introduction of some very profitable tier 8s (Type 59 anyone?) helped ease the credit grind and you pretty much always broke even or lost money at 10, even with premium. The whole point is to keep players either focused on paying $ for gold to exchange for credits, or to keep players playing at lower tiers to supplement their income. Clan Wars always cost you, and unless you were making gold in a good clan you had to grind the lower tiers to compensate. 

So, the long and short of it is, it's good way to keep the queue filled with more than just tier 10 boats. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
23,000 posts
20,882 battles
31 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

ROFL!!!

Oh man ... you've played many many matches. When did you first start? Cause playing tiers 9 and 10 used to be *significantly* more expensive than now. Like a huge difference. The maintenance costs for ship is tiny now compared to what they used to be.

But in all honestly, Wargaming does it this way to force high tier players into getting premium accounts.

Yeah, at Launch Tier IX was the last tier that had Perma-Camo.  Then sometime around 2016 was the big moment when several ships in Tier X received Perma-Camo.  All I remember was Yamato was one of those first ones, and that was a big deal.  Tier X Perma-Camo had a yoooge servicing cost reduction attached to it, the main reason to get it, really.  And Yamato was one of the most popular High Tier ships in the game already.

Then there's the issue of Premium Ships in Tier IX-X.  Originally, there were none in those two tiers.  This is important because Premium Ships are cheaper to run than Tech Tree Ships, even Tech Tree Ships that have Perma-Camo are more expensive to run than a Premium Ship in the same tier.  WoWS Launched in August / September 2015.  Missouri was the very first Premium Ship past Tier VIII, it was a significant moment in the game.  She made bank compared to her tech tree counterparts this tier.  Mighty 'Mo came out at around December 2016.  Premiums for Tier IX-X were pretty scarce for years still despite that.  

Tier IX Black was a Steel Ship, came around 2017 but can't recall exactly when.  Still is a very rare boat.

Tier X IX Musashi was early 2018.

That was it for a while.  Then we got more and more as time progressed since then.  Alaska, Kronshtadt, Stalingrad, Bourgogne, Azuma, Yoshino, Neustrashimiy, Benham, Jean Bart... Am I forgetting any?  That's a lot already since 2018.  Some of those are more accessible than others, i.e. the Steel Ships, you're going to have do some real work in Ranked / Clan Battles to get the Steel for them.  Hell there are more in the works like Hayate, Siegfried, Friesland, Somers, Smolensk, etc.

Edit:  I still the remember the routine people talked about to have money to run their Tier X's in those early days.  You ran several mid tier games for profit to feed your Tier X games.  Tier VI was often mentioned being ideal before costs started to rise (Tier VII is the start where costs start going up a bit).  Most especially if you were not on Premium Acct.  But then again, the snarky reply was, "Just play good and make money and you won't have to worry about being in the red so much." :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Members
3,714 posts

Tier 9 permacamos are crap. There have been numerous requests to buff them over the years. Just use the other camps, even if you have to buy some. I have more camps than I could use so that’s probably not an issue.