Trident55

WoW without Game Center?

17 comments in this topic

[WHARF]
Members
187 posts
15,054 battles
9 minutes ago, Trident55 said:

Can you run World of Warships without the Game Center? 

Yes.i dont use it....iam big boy can load the game without their help...its useless

Edited by dadeoo
  • Cool 1

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,273 battles
1 minute ago, dadeoo said:

Yes.i dont use it

Can you tell me how? I downloaded the game, but when I try to run it, Game Center tries to open and then both just fail and close.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,545 posts
12,238 battles

I'm still using the standalone client... I don't know if you can still get it though.

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,273 battles

Does anyone know where to get the standalone client for mac? I know it was still available in April because that's when I started playing and I was using that at first...but when I try to run the one I have the WOW icon pops up, the goes away and the Game Center icon appears - then that disappears and watcing in the activity monitor all instances of the game go away.

Members
343 posts
15,333 battles
5 hours ago, Trident55 said:

the WOW icon pops up, the goes away and the Game Center icon appears - then that disappears and watcing in the activity monitor all instances of the game go away.

iMac here, and I'm in the same "boat."

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,273 battles
5 hours ago, Ozium said:

@Trident55

should have led off with your on mac not a real game machine PC

Helpful - like most Master Chiefs I served with...lol

Edited by Trident55
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
36 minutes ago, Trident55 said:

Helpful - like most Master Chiefs I served with...lol

i did try to help but my solutions are PC based ...  hence useless to mac hence why suggested LEAD off with saying your on mac ...   :Smile_facepalm:

• Angry 1

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,273 battles
15 minutes ago, Ozium said:

i did try to help but my solutions are PC based ...  hence useless to mac hence why suggested LEAD off with saying your on mac ...   :Smile_facepalm:

Ah...I thought you were just being a wiseass...also typical of most Master Chiefs I've served with :)

Members
4 posts
2,668 battles
7 hours ago, Trident55 said:

Ah...I thought you were just being a wiseass...also typical of most Master Chiefs I've served with :)

Ozium still sounds like a wiseass to me.  Why would I buy a PC just to play games when my Mac has a better UX and an almost-Unix like development environment so I can do real software development.  Also, giving Microsoft money for their tragedy of an operating system that is well past the point at which it needs to be taken out and shot would be criminal.

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,273 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralMayhem said:

Ozium still sounds like a wiseass to me.  Why would I buy a PC just to play games when my Mac has a better UX and an almost-Unix like development environment so I can do real software development.  Also, giving Microsoft money for their tragedy of an operating system that is well past the point at which it needs to be taken out and shot would be criminal.

I've been in IT since I joined the Navy in '82 and was always a Microsoft guy. 10 years ago had to learn macs to support some clients so I bought an iMac, had it running on my desk next to my PC....it took a while, maybe 6 months, before the pc was relegated to second class citizen - and I haven't looked back. I still have to use Windows systems but it's amazing that, other than a hard drive dying on me, and a problem upgrading the OS once, I've NEVER had an issue with my mac - no driver issues, no virus or malware, no blue screen, no security issues trying to go to websites - nothing. Got 7 calls from clients yesterday who's Outlook no longer works after they did the emergency Windows 10 update the day before...and I just think "why?" LOL

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
8 hours ago, AdmiralMayhem said:

Ozium still sounds like a wiseass to me. 

yup i can be lol, and yes am biased towards PC and against anything Apple   :Smile_popcorn:

Win isn't bad (use LTSC) but probably would use Unix if every game wasn't tied to DirectX, WINE still has too many problems ...

[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
57 posts
5,414 battles

Why in hell after all these years is WG making us install their [edited] Game Center just to run ships? I don't want it on my hard drive taking up space, I have the game, that should be enough. 

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

Don`t know a thing about Mac, but i assume , it still has the executable files in game folder ,same as the PC version ? On PC, all you have to do is, run the exe. files either in the 32 bit or 64 bit bin folder ,to start the game without the game center. (bin folders in root game folder)

Sign in to follow this