Sign in to follow this  
Trident55

Another update - so naturally GameCenter doesn't work

14 comments in this topic

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,247 battles

Gamecenter updated automatically and now, when I try to run it, it looks like it's going to open then it just closes.

This happens EVERY time there's an update.

Community Department
3,064 posts
1,135 battles
1 hour ago, Trident55 said:

Gamecenter updated automatically and now, when I try to run it, it looks like it's going to open then it just closes.

This happens EVERY time there's an update.

Did you try to reinstall it? It may also require turning off your antivirus/firewall or better adding WGC to it's exceptions. 
If restart of WGC doesn't work sometimes, please submit a ticket with logs of the Game Center (when it starts, of course) attached:

Spoiler
  • Start Game Center and go to the  "Player Support Menu" (a "Question mark" logo)
  • Click "Create Report"
  • A dialog box will appear with a choice of where to save the folder with the logs.
  • Select the folder where the log file will be saved, and click "OK"
  • In the window with the message "The report has been successfully created", click on the "GO TO REPORT"
  • A folder will open in Windows Explorer where the archive with the name in the format: YEAR MONTH DAY _ MINUTES SECONDS (for example 20170902_102214) was saved.

We'll try to investigate the issue.

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,247 battles
11 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Did you try to reinstall it? It may also require turning off your antivirus/firewall or better adding WGC to it's exceptions. 
If restart of WGC doesn't work sometimes, please submit a ticket with logs of the Game Center (when it starts, of course) attached:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Start Game Center and go to the  "Player Support Menu" (a "Question mark" logo)
  • Click "Create Report"
  • A dialog box will appear with a choice of where to save the folder with the logs.
  • Select the folder where the log file will be saved, and click "OK"
  • In the window with the message "The report has been successfully created", click on the "GO TO REPORT"
  • A folder will open in Windows Explorer where the archive with the name in the format: YEAR MONTH DAY _ MINUTES SECONDS (for example 20170902_102214) was saved.

We'll try to investigate the issue.

Hi - yes, tried reinstalling, same thing. Can't get the logs because game center never opens.

Does anyone know how to run an older, known-good, version and where to get it? Never seen so many updates done and each and every single one fails to work on my system...not sure why, but by the lack of posts it looks like I'm the only one! LOL

Community Department
3,064 posts
1,135 battles
4 minutes ago, Trident55 said:

Hi - yes, tried reinstalling, same thing. Can't get the logs because game center never opens.

Does anyone know how to run an older, known-good, version and where to get it? Never seen so many updates done and each and every single one fails to work on my system...not sure why, but by the lack of posts it looks like I'm the only one! LOL

Regardless, I should ask you to create WGCheck report attached to the ticket with your notes and send it to our Support. Please just try this before searching for the old launcher. Because it's not supported any more and it only could be a very temporary measure.

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,247 battles
1 hour ago, Ozium said:

running it as admin?  firewall & av whitelisted?

Running it as I was always running it  - no changes other than than the updated GameCenter console.

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,247 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Regardless, I should ask you to create WGCheck report attached to the ticket with your notes and send it to our Support. Please just try this before searching for the old launcher. Because it's not supported any more and it only could be a very temporary measure.

Can't run the WGCheck report as it's an .exe and I'm on a Mac :)

Community Department
3,064 posts
1,135 battles
2 minutes ago, Trident55 said:

Can't run the WGCheck report as it's an .exe and I'm on a Mac :)

Did you use any recommendations from the topic?

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,247 battles
15 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Did you use any recommendations from the topic?

Hi - yes, and tried all the previous versions, nothing works now :(

Members
4 posts
2,638 battles

+1

Worked last night, broken now.  And right at the end of the French DD campaign too.  Awesome timing WG... guess I won't get that Siroco after all.

Sign in to follow this