Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Midshipman_Hornblower

Draws and Scoring

5 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
320 posts
10,790 battles

Just had one of those rare events - a battle that ended in a draw.  Interesting in it's own right...top scorer on BOTH teams each got a kraken, and a bunch of other achievements.  I did ok - second on my team, 80K damage (in a t5 CL).  Battle somewhat marred by two...children...on my team, who, who beginning about mid-game, berated each other endlessly about who was to blame for us "loosing".  That, of course, while things were still very much in doubt, and at the very least, we had clearly NOT lost.

But all that aside, the reason for the post is that this battle got me wondering how XP are calculated for a draw.  I know that when one team wins and the other looses, there's a formula that calculates a base value for XP awarded.  The losers get that calculated amount of XP, and the winners get a multiplier for winning, that gives them something like 40% additional XP.  Looking at the results of this battle afterwards, the XP awarded to the two teams looked very similar all the way down both columns, so I'm guessing same formula, but neither team got a multiplier.  Either that, or they BOTH got the multiplier.

Anyone know for sure?  Minor thing, I know, but inquiring minds...

Members
842 posts
14,046 battles

The scores are typically lower in a draw.

My guess would be that neither team gets the multiplier in a draw. In essence, both teams lose.

I think win rate Is also calculated on wins vs non-wins. So a draw is just as bad as a loss when calculating win rate.

Edited by Prothall

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,929 posts
4,043 battles

I know in tanks, draws are counted as losses. I assume the same would carry over to WoWS, except draws are much more uncommon

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
8 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I think win rate Is also calculated on wins vs non-wins. So a draw is just as bad as a loss when calculating win rate.

I really do wish that they'd stop with the 'win rate' [edited]. If they really want to keep it then do it over the last 100 battles.

[SALVO]
Members
23,458 posts
24,073 battles
17 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I know in tanks, draws are counted as losses. I assume the same would carry over to WoWS, except draws are much more uncommon

Draws count as losses in WoWS too.

Sign in to follow this