You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Zath

Zath's Replay Theater #537 - Tashkent Ranked Tier 9 Russian Destroyer

8 comments in this topic

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,657 posts
18,952 battles

@WaWingsFan_15 shared this Ranked Battle, and we discuss some key ideas for DD play against BBs.  

[-K-]
Members
7,498 posts
12,209 battles

A well-played, no smoke Tashkent.  Basically a general blueprint for how to play Mogador.

Almost makes me want to try Udaloi in Ranked.  Almost.

[-K-]
5,657 posts
18,952 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

A well-played, no smoke Tashkent.  Basically a general blueprint for how to play Mogador.

Almost makes me want to try Udaloi in Ranked.  Almost.

I tried Udaloi last season...  it was OK but when you run into a Kitakaze, you die very quick.

I'll probably go back to Tashkent this season if I feel like putting the time into Ranked.  It's a very fun ship and under-appreciated :)

[-K-]
Members
7,498 posts
12,209 battles
8 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

I tried Udaloi last season...  it was OK but when you run into a Kitakaze, you die very quick.

I'll probably go back to Tashkent this season if I feel like putting the time into Ranked.  It's a very fun ship and under-appreciated :)

I'm honestly scratching my head trying to figure out why I'd ever take a Tashkent over an Udaloi in Ranked........

[-K-]
5,657 posts
18,952 battles
5 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm honestly scratching my head trying to figure out why I'd ever take a Tashkent over an Udaloi in Ranked........

Just FEELS better?  3 torp tubes vs 2-1 on Udaloi for starters...  it's been a while since I've sat down and compared the two of them side-by-side...

Beta Testers
273 posts
15,886 battles

ive played the jutland and black in rank but i have more fun with the tashkent lol.

at the beginning when i was capping and the bb was asking for spotting my thought was since tashkent has crapdetection range i would wait behind the island and get the cap. then go out and spot. wish i got the mushi with my torps, that was just a bad torp drop right there lol. and every time i yolo torp a bb or cruiser i always "panic" i shot my load too early, giving away my broadside when i should just be patient and get closer. but i was thinking at least in this game that the jb might have sunk me before i got my torps off and i possible could get behind that island after dropping torps. but didnt work out in my favor.

[-K-]
Members
7,498 posts
12,209 battles
13 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

Just FEELS better?  3 torp tubes vs 2-1 on Udaloi for starters...  it's been a while since I've sat down and compared the two of them side-by-side...

Well, it feels more agile with a touch more concealment (for those times in Ranked where you're forced to cap).  The differences are likely negligible, but I prefer Udaloi slightly more if I had to choose between the two.  I believe the guns are almost, if not, identical in performance.

[-K-]
5,657 posts
18,952 battles
20 hours ago, WaWingsFan_15 said:

ive played the jutland and black in rank but i have more fun with the tashkent lol.

at the beginning when i was capping and the bb was asking for spotting my thought was since tashkent has crapdetection range i would wait behind the island and get the cap. then go out and spot. wish i got the mushi with my torps, that was just a bad torp drop right there lol. and every time i yolo torp a bb or cruiser i always "panic" i shot my load too early, giving away my broadside when i should just be patient and get closer. but i was thinking at least in this game that the jb might have sunk me before i got my torps off and i possible could get behind that island after dropping torps. but didnt work out in my favor.

Yeah I do, too...  perhaps it has to do with the constant attention you have to put to your ship vs playing a DD like Kitakaze where you just sit behind islands/in smoke and hold down LMB until you either win or you save your star.