Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

WG - you need to take another look at your botting protocols

25 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
10,248 posts
18,899 battles

Guys come on. You really need to take another look at how you detect and deal with people who bot in this game and/or break other rules in section 5 of the EULA...

• 5.07. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods that enables gameplay without the participation or with passive participation of the player in the battle.
  • 5.08. Repetitive and excessive passive play

Despite numerous in game reports and multiple customer support tickets sent in from myself and others with replays showing the actions of a certain player you do nothing to stop the behavior. The player even self admitted on these very forums that they do these things and break the EULA and you continue to do nothing.

Well, congratulations, you just rewarded their behavior by letting them place in a recent event by padding their points via these rule breaking tactics they employ and awarded them a premium ship. Even if the person actually and actively played some games they absolutely also botted/entered ships and did not control them as well.

As a player who adheres to the rules and conducts myself ethically (btw - this is not naming and shaming which breaks forum rules as A) - I did not name the player and B) - as said they publicly admitted what they do on these forums anyway) I feel cheated and robbed when players like that are rewarded. Even more so after we have reported them to you and sent proof that you ignore.

This is not right WG. Please take this more serious and deal with this. 

EDIT - to those fine folks downvoting me with your boring emoji's. Do you not realize what this person does robs you and every other honest player of a chance at these prizes. Let's put aside what it does in the actual games being down a ship, in a contest like this are you ok with a botter/cheater wining prizes? 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 3

[PTRGT]
Members
366 posts
37,651 battles

I know who Thunder is talking about. 

I had this Bot in 7 games in a row last week. Running a Georgia BB sailing in circles firing main guns in all directions until it got stuck on a island. The only points it would earn was from the BB's secondary's. :Smile_facepalm:

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles

Isnt it an advantage for you to not have other human competition in coop tho? I'd love it if people were botting in my coop matches.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
19 posts

I call out that botting player in chat every time I have the misfortune of being placed in a match with him/her. Only one time have they ever responded in chat and that was in match I was in with you AT but he/she still let their ship bot along. In the other 20 or so games never got a response and the players: ship seither just sails in a straight line or performs turn or two and randomly fires its main guns occasionly.

Reported to WG numerous times, no apparent action on WG's part as he/she continues with the same antics day in and day out, only changed to botting in a GA lately as opposed to a MO. 

[WOLFG]
Members
7,464 posts
5,432 battles
3 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Isnt it an advantage for you to not have other human competition in coop tho? I'd love it if people were botting in my coop matches.

True, but seeing as both modes operate under the same rules, what is to prevent someone from doing it in random matches?

Beta Testers
1,360 posts

Its pointless complaining.

Ive sent in replays of what I thought were obvious bots, and the WG CS team literally refuse to look at them. insta close ticket and copy paste response of 'our automated systems detect them fine kthnx'.

Members
1,653 posts
10,044 battles

i will admit i am curious as to who you are referring to.  i recognized someone from this forum playing their georgia a week or 2 ago, who acted like a bot.  they ended up in the back of spawn, doing nothing while i had to carry the last part in a coop match to get the win.  they naturally finished bottom of the team.  the only thing they did that was useful was get a secondary kill on  a low health bot that was about to die anyways.

edit it is who i thought it was.

Edited by Frederick_The_Great

[PVE]
Members
10,248 posts
18,899 battles
On 8/15/2019 at 9:01 AM, FuzzyIce said:

I call out that botting player in chat every time I have the misfortune of being placed in a match with him/her. Only one time have they ever responded in chat and that was in match I was in with you AT but he/she still let their ship bot along. In the other 20 or so games never got a response and the players: ship seither just sails in a straight line or performs turn or two and randomly fires its main guns occasionly.

Reported to WG numerous times, no apparent action on WG's part as he/she continues with the same antics day in and day out, only changed to botting in a GA lately as opposed to a MO. 

Yes I was surprised that they actually were there that game. I always point out they bot and will be useless and/or ask players to watch to verify for themselves and then report the botter. Never been a reply before from the botter.

That day the botter was watching his bot ship. But as you say he wasn't actually playing the ship. Was hilarious as he called me a liar and such and yet his ship was clearly on a bot script LOL.

Yeah it is more Georgia now but stills ee Missouri and I think I have seen a few others like Jean Bart too.

It is such a shame WG refuses to even look into this and now they have rewarded a cheater and rule breaker with a premium ship.  :Smile_facepalm:

UPDATE - look down to post #18. Someone from WG posted on Reddit and this is being made right. I added the info below.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
22 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

True, but seeing as both modes operate under the same rules, what is to prevent someone from doing it in random matches?

I presume the answer to your question is the workload and inclination of the WG worker that handles this sort of thing.

[PVE]
Members
10,248 posts
18,899 battles
2 hours ago, reamnaval said:

They didn't delete it but they moved it to the feedback and bug forum where no one will see it. Out of sight out of mind for them I guess. They truly do not seem to care about these kind of cheaters even when they scam them out of a free premium ship.

I too feel very bad for the person he robbed of that ship.

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
23 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

i will admit i am curious as to who you are referring to.

You and me both, I have an idea though.

[WOLFG]
Members
7,464 posts
5,432 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They didn't delete it but they moved it to the feedback and bug forum where no one will see it.

Shazam.

You really have to wonder about WG's commitment to their own rules.

[TURDS]
Beta Testers
64 posts
16,799 battles

This wasn't a one time happening and as others have noted this was multiple battles and was one specific player and we all experienced it then being rewarded is just too much!!! I exhausted my in game reports then filed a ticket with replay, this is not a connection issue.

Edited by Moto24
added more info

[PVE]
Members
10,248 posts
18,899 battles
7 hours ago, turbo07 said:

Thanks you all for providing this info here, but please do not get personal. It's forbidden and the posts will be hidden because of our Forum Guidelines. 
The topic was moved here for the same reason. We always face more rule violations in such topics than a number of bots in the game. 

None of players may have 100% evidence about such kind of violators in the game. Please take this patiently. The reason of such visible behavior may differ greatly. Even if player don't answer others he may be blamed as a bot. So the issue is always taken more biased than actually it is. 

We are aware of this kind of unsportsmanlike conduct and we do care about it. We investigate all the info from the tickets, from report system (please don't hesitate to put reports in the game, it helps to collect some stats) and from our internal system and with all this we have some violations banned. But we never answer in the tickets about measures because it's forbidden by our guidelines. 
I'll repeat, it means that we do care and we deal with the problem on a regular basis.

Thank you for making it visible from your side and for your reports and feedback. As other violations the evidence is highly likely to be provided via tickets with all info you have. Then it will be sent to the responsible developer and actions will be taken only after further investigations. This may work if you have reliable evidence. Not like a pair of battles where player may experience some connection issues eg. Even I may be considered as a bot then.

Thank you for responding. However, with all due respect, if customer service actually looked at any of what must be at least 50+ replays that have been sent in that I know of on this person (mine and others) it would be clear this is not a case of mistaken identity. And as I mentioned the player has admitted in the forums they enter a game, set the ship moving, and walk away. They were even removed from their clan because of this (somehow he is in a new one he either started or they don't know of his past).

While it is clearly more than him just hitting W and walking away based on key things that repeat in every game (that I have pointed out and told customer service to look for)  at the LEAST it violates the excessive repeated passive play rule. So even if he just hits W and then walks away he is still breaking the rules and he is still negatively impacting the rest of the people playing.

But that is not what he does. At game start his ship will start moving ahead. The guns cycle to the same position and side of ship, they begin firing off into the distance as soon as loaded (or directly in front at the water), no effort is made to EVER shoot at the reds other than automated secondary guns and AA if the ship gets in range. The ship will sail straight until it either... a) gets sunk...b) reaches the far side of the map where it stays stuck on the border, or...c) runs aground on an island where it stays stuck for the rest of game or until sunk. I have never seen this player finish higher than 5th (Co-op) and usually it is 8. The rare times they finish higher than dead last is when they ram something out of sheer luck, get a secondary kill of some very low health ship, or there is an afk. Even in the one game where the player actually was watching where I chatted with them the ship STILL was being botted/played excessively passive. He wasn't actually playing and trying. It ran aground, stayed there the whole time, and the guns were firing into the horizon and water but never a ship near him.

So if you or anyone at WG has actually looked at these replays you would know we are not imagining this or making it up. It is what it is and what it is , is rules violations and botting. And, once again, HE ADMITTED IT on these forums.

Congrat's to WG, you awarded a premium ship to a  known botter among the players because you did not and will not deal with him.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
10,248 posts
18,899 battles

UPDATE - while the people in charge of their own forums here on WOWS NA failed to do anything  someone from WG (Vessery) over on Reddit saw the thread there that pointed out what happened as I did (come to find out it is more than just the one botter we all know about). These cheaters will be stripped of their prizes, those who should have won will get their deserved rewards, and the cheaters will be sanctioned. He is even asking for support ticket #'s to look into why so many have been filed and nothing has been done.

Huzzah! Someone at WG doing their job and giving a damn. Gives me hope for the company. 

Thank you for raising this issue. We conducted an investigation and the results show that several accounts, including some winners, are considered bots. They will suffer the standard penalties for botting and will be removed from the winner's list. As a result, winners will be changed, and those who got lower places, will get rewards for the place they already got, and the place they will get after adjustment of the list.We are very sorry for the situation and will plan our further events in a way that won't encourage botting and will adjust bot checks accordingly.

• Cool 2

[TURDS]
Beta Testers
64 posts
16,799 battles

Well done Admiral, this is encouraging. About the support ticket #'s, in what manner can we provide these?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,248 posts
18,899 battles
1 minute ago, Moto24 said:

Well done Admiral, this is encouraging. About the support ticket #'s, in what manner can we provide these?

I suggest going to Reddit and look at this thread. I assume the person (Vessery) wants them via their PM system. I don't know any other way to contact him and he just says send them to him. So go to Reddit, in this thread, find the guy from WG (Vessery) who is spearheading this, and PM him the #'s.

Best advice I can give. 

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,067 posts
1,138 battles
27 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I suggest going to Reddit and look at this thread. I assume the person (Vessery) wants them via their PM system. I don't know any other way to contact him and he just says send them to him. So go to Reddit, in this thread, find the guy from WG (Vessery) who is spearheading this, and PM him the #'s.

Best advice I can give. 

29 minutes ago, Moto24 said:

Ok, Thanks

You may send them to my PM aswell. And I'll forward them to Vessery directly. Thanks for you feedback and activity. 

[-_W_-]
Members
7 posts
6,087 battles
48 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

UPDATE - while the people in charge of their own forums here on WOWS NA failed to do anything  someone from WG (Vessery) over on Reddit saw the thread there that pointed out what happened as I did (come to find out it is more than just the one botter we all know about). These cheaters will be stripped of their prizes, those who should have won will get their deserved rewards, and the cheaters will be sanctioned. He is even asking for support ticket #'s to look into why so many have been filed and nothing has been done.

Huzzah! Someone at WG doing their job and giving a damn. Gives me hope for the company. 

Awesome news, and even better for the legit player who deserved the reward.  See ya in coop when I tired of Ranked/Random! 

I guess I was wrong when i said the only thing that was certain was death, taxes and Insert_name in his Georgia doing F all. LOL

[TURDS]
Beta Testers
64 posts
16,799 battles

Yes this is great news, Vessery has my gratitude for listening and helping get this right.

Sign in to follow this