Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SlightlyComatose

Down Tiered Bots in PvE - Nerf to earnings

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

78
[KEGEL]
Members
213 posts
9,583 battles

Just noticed today that WeeGee is using -2 tiered bots when there is no human in game that is also bottom tier.

For example I loaded up game in the tier 7 Hood BB and all the bots were tier 5. I was the ONLY human in the match...!

Happened several games in a row.

My last game was all tier 10 humans, I was in the Moskva. The match-maker filled rest of team with tier 8 bots.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the match-maker used to only fill game to mirror the lowest tiered human.

This is incredibly annoying and a big nerf to XP & credit earnings especially if you play tier 9 & 10 during low population times.

I always have premium time & use economic flags / Camo in every game. This ninja Nerf is complete [edited]!

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
228
[FOG]
Members
643 posts
6,508 battles

I will have to watch for this and have not yet seen it. I was in a Tier VIII ship, yesterday along with another Tier VIII and a Tier VI ship and all of our companion bots were Tier VI, but that is consistent with past practices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
218
[PVE]
Members
1,174 posts
34,430 battles
42 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Just noticed today that WeeGee is using -2 tiered bots when there is no human in game that is also bottom tier.

For example I loaded up game in the tier 7 Hood BB and all the bots were tier 5. I was the ONLY human in the match...!

Happened several games in a row.

My last game was all tier 10 humans, I was in the Moskva. The match-maker filled rest of team with tier 8 bots.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the match-maker used to only fill game to mirror the lowest tiered human.

This is incredibly annoying and a big nerf to XP & credit earnings especially if you play tier 9 & 10 during low population times.

I always have premium time & use economic flags / Camo in every game. This ninja Nerf is complete [edited]!

Notice the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,920
[PVE]
Members
10,185 posts
18,718 battles
47 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Just noticed today that WeeGee is using -2 tiered bots when there is no human in game that is also bottom tier.

For example I loaded up game in the tier 7 Hood BB and all the bots were tier 5. I was the ONLY human in the match...!

Happened several games in a row.

My last game was all tier 10 humans, I was in the Moskva. The match-maker filled rest of team with tier 8 bots.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the match-maker used to only fill game to mirror the lowest tiered human.

This is incredibly annoying and a big nerf to XP & credit earnings especially if you play tier 9 & 10 during low population times.

I always have premium time & use economic flags / Camo in every game. This ninja Nerf is complete [edited]!

This is not uncommon. I have seen it a lot. Sometimes you get all same tier if you are the only human and sometimes they shaft you and make you TT and everything else is lower tier.

They really don't want so many of us playing Co-op and I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to discourage playing there by undisclosed changes.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,021 posts
8,125 battles
55 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

This ninja Nerf

 

51 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I will have to watch for this

I believe this is fallout from a credit earnings change earlier this year.   WG communicated the change as increased earnings for up tiered ships, but its inverted when against lower tiers. this also helps lower tier ships hit the top of the post game summary board.  it should wash out in the end comatose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,021 posts
8,125 battles
5 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

his is the first time i've notice this type of match-making behavior.

those pics though... wow. that would be frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[KEGEL]
Members
213 posts
9,583 battles
1 hour ago, skillztowin said:

those pics though... wow. that would be frustrating. 

I know right!

I've grinded down most of the lines I want, so only really play 8, 9 (mostly Prems) & 10.  Just waiting on sales on the Z52, Kremlin & Henry then I'm done. Playing 9 & 10 without perma Camo & full economic flags with this type of match-making making makes credit/FXP/elite commander grinding pretty painful.

Guess that's the plight of playing the 'red-headed stepchild' mode.

😜

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
919
[WOLF3]
Members
1,770 posts
6,705 battles

This may just be confirmation bias, but I have noticed this recently as well.  Is this a real change to co-op matchmaking or just my brain looking for something else?  Something else that shows WG does not like "PvE only" players.  :Smile-angry:

It's almost as if WG doesn't want my money anymore.  I don't know why.  It's good money.  :Smile_sceptic:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
18 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Something else that shows WG does not like "PvE only" players

I don't think WeeGee dislikes PVE only players so much, it's more how popular the mode is when it fits, like for instance when there are missions that can be completed in PVE and a large portion of PVP players take advantage of it.
And rightfully so, why wouldn't they, but that also creates a problem with a lower pool of players for the main mode, PVP.

So an easy fix in their eyes, make it less, FAR less rewarding in all aspects in hops to deter the PVP folks from doing do.
They already know the PVE mains are going nowhere, and we'll just suck it up like we do time and time again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,261
[WOLFG]
Members
7,335 posts
5,314 battles
2 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I don't think WeeGee dislikes PVE only players so much, it's more how popular the mode is when it fits, like for instance when there are missions that can be completed in PVE and a large portion of PVP players take advantage of it.
And rightfully so, why wouldn't they, but that also creates a problem with a lower pool of players for the main mode, PVP.

So an easy fix in their eyes, make it less, FAR less rewarding in all aspects in hops to deter the PVP folks from doing do.
They already know the PVE mains are going nowhere, and we'll just suck it up like we do time and time again.

So they don't want to force PVE players to PVP, they want to force PVP players to PVP?

Very twisted (and probably true).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

So they don't want to force PVE players to PVP, they want to force PVP players to PVP?

Oh no, they still want us PVE mains in PVP, but they know the chances are soooo slim we will, what they really want is for the PVP mains to NOT play our mode.

Edited by SpudZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,101 posts
17,896 battles

This is the only way to play cv.

Be two tiers above all in co-op :Smile_trollface:

 

Give me this mode to choose when I play cv

Alone tier 8. All bot tier 6

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,920
[PVE]
Members
10,185 posts
18,718 battles

Just happened to me for the 1st time. I was in a T8 (CV) as the only human and they matched me vs all T6, In the past that was always a straight T8 game.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, Mikebello said:

This is the only way to play cv.

Be two tiers above all in co-op :Smile_trollface:

 

Give me this mode to choose when I play cv

Alone tier 8. All bot tier 6

I can go along with that. I was in a CV and had a 700K+ BXP game. Was nice not to get shredded from the get go for once.

yD4FRUI.jpg

Qg404GI.jpg

z8CKea7.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,101 posts
17,896 battles
On 8/17/2019 at 11:19 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Just happened to me for the 1st time. I was in a T8 (CV) as the only human and they matched me vs all T6, In the past that was always a straight T8 game.

I can go along with that. I was in a CV and had a 700K+ BXP game. Was nice not to get shredded from the get go for once.

yD4FRUI.jpg

Qg404GI.jpg

z8CKea7.jpg

Very good game.

Even if uptier you lost 84 planes!!!!! :cap_fainting:

Aa is clearly broken Imho

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
On 8/17/2019 at 5:19 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

I can go along with that. I was in a CV

Perhaps this is why it's been changed. :cap_hmm: It works!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,920
[PVE]
Members
10,185 posts
18,718 battles
4 hours ago, Mikebello said:

Very good game.

Even if uptier you lost 84 planes!!!!! :cap_fainting:

Aa is clearly broken Imho

I didn't really lose too many during the normal part of the game while trying to attack and defend the BB I picked to keep alive. Certainly lost more than I should have w/ a 2 T higher CV but again not too bad. Where I REALLY took it hard was when as I was chasing down the CV and was trying to attack IT!

I lost squad after squad after squad before saying screw it and just waiting to get close enough to sink it with secondary guns. I mean literally between the CV's AA (CV AA is most broken AA in game hands down) and the fighters it ALWAYS had ready a full squad of planes would get melted before I could even do one drop other than torps planes (and on that any survivors of the 1st run died instantly when rising up).

I can't believe I am saying this but AA is way too strong right now. I could accept it as is IF they actually let the CV's get some damage on a successful run they manage. Damage right now for CV though, if you get through and can drop, is pathetic and with how strong AA is you are just screwed barring rare games like above because you seldom get many drops off.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,920
[PVE]
Members
10,185 posts
18,718 battles
5 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Perhaps this is why it's been changed. :cap_hmm: It works!

For a CV yes, and maybe a DD, as those 2 ships have a better time if you have to carry as TT but if I am in a BB especially, and even a Cruiser, I would rather face same tier for better rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,101 posts
17,896 battles
20 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Where I REALLY took it hard was when as I was chasing down the CV and was trying to attack IT!

This explain the high losses

Attak a cv with a cv is really bad for planes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,920
[PVE]
Members
10,185 posts
18,718 battles
1 hour ago, Mikebello said:

This explain the high losses

Attak a cv with a cv is really bad for planes

Yup but it was at the end and I wanted the damage and kill.

If no other ship has their AA nerfed CV at least should and they should not be allowed to ALWAYS have a fighter..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

I wonder if they'll keep the down tiered bots when a player plays a CV, since AA is still borked a bit. 
Glad to see them back for everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×