double first blood?

7 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,491 posts
12,942 battles
39 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I seen one each on both teams before. Not sure about both on same team.

This, I have see a good number of kill trades for it on both teams but never on the same team.

[SSBN]
Members
161 posts
5,682 battles

I had one of these last week but didn't notice until after the match was over. Mahan and Ognevoi each had First Blood, only thing I could assume was both torp'd a red player at the exact same time. Until this thread, this was the first and only time I've ever seen two players on the same team get First Blood.

shot-19.08.11_18.30.58-0973.jpg

shot-19.08.11_18.31.00-0843.jpg

Edited by Sic_44

Members
839 posts
14,046 battles

I had a match long ago when I was playing my St. Louis. I was leading 4 ships and sailed around an island. I was still pretty new and did not realize that my three teammates all decided to turn away. I found myself alone against 4 red ships.

I started firing away at the lead cruiser and they all opened up on me. It came down to the lead cruiser and I both at a sliver of health. We both fired our guns and his shots landed first, killing me. My shots were in the air and hit him like half a second later.  We both were awarded first blood and I was even awarded "It's Just a Flesh Wound."

There was no confusion about it. He clearly got me first and the "flesh wound" award verifies that. The two of us were the first two ships sunk obviously and it was over a minute before another ship was sunk by someone else. I sort of figured it would be impossible to win Fist Blood and Flesh Wound on the same kill.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,030 posts
3,309 battles

H'm, had one the other day where I shared it with a red. But haven't seen it on the same team that I can remember. Though not surprising. It's actually not uncommon to see two people get it. The window seems to be relatively large (couple seconds) in which the kill is given the award. Probably has to do with the server delay, where the first blood takes a couple seconds to register and then the info that it's be recorded sent back. And in that time a second kill can be given the first blood award. I'm guessing same team is rarer because it requires two people on the same team to be engaged at the same time, which probably happens less.

Same thing can be seen sometimes at the end of the battle. A ship will be sunk to end the game, but before the server can respond, another ship gets sunk. That second kill won't affect the game outcome, but it will still be credited. Interesting things can happen.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,127 posts
4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

First time I've seen a double first blood

double first blood.jpg

It's rare but I've seen it a few times. In a related note, there are times when two ships sink each other so close together that nobody gets a "flesh wound." However, I saw one person who got a double "flesh wound" when his torps sank two enemy ships after he had died.