You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Done with Ranked.

95 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,650 posts
13,013 battles

Well, that didn't take long, only three matches before I had enough.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 1

[TMS]
Members
1,472 posts
10,369 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

With the amount it take to go up ranks --- and the level of toxic little boys --- i think 85 % of players skipping rank.

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,650 posts
13,013 battles
Just now, LadyAnesjka said:

With the amount it take to go up ranks --- and the level of toxic little boys --- i think 85 % of players skipping rank.

I was only doing it because of a Twitch mission I got but three losses in a row told me the consumables and flags were not worth the aggravation.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,382 posts
12,179 battles

Sorry Brush. I feel a lot of it has to do with MM. Some times I try and it goes perfect. Other times it's like doomed from the start game after game. I haven't got to try last couple days. Going to give it another go tonight after work.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,258 posts
17 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I got to rank 10 and got my two-star eco flag. I'd probably play more Ranked but this year it seems to be pretty much a DD brawl. Almost every game I've been in had four DDs per team. The Fletcher, my only tier IX, is a fine boat but has been power crept where brawling with other DDs is concerned and I'm running into too many gunboat DDs for comfort.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[DAS]
Members
736 posts
6,468 battles

Hmmm I like ranked. No salt in chat really (or at least I haven't seen much).

I will continue playing it because I like my tier 9s. I got to rank 10 and I don't really care where I end up.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,650 posts
13,013 battles
41 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Sorry Brush. I feel a lot of it has to do with MM. Some times I try and it goes perfect. Other times it's like doomed from the start game after game. I haven't got to try last couple days. Going to give it another go tonight after work.

True, it just isn't worth the aggravation for me.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,382 posts
12,179 battles
42 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The Fletcher, my only tier IX, is a fine boat but has been power crept where brawling with other DDs is concerned and I'm running into too many gunboat DDs for comfort.

The Fletcher, like the other American regular techtree DD's really shine in a teamwork situation. Ranked like random sometimes turns into a every man for them self. In that instance, the armored, hydro, radar, healing gunboats rule the day and all the regular techtree  USN and the Panasian rerolls get bullied out of the caps. Left on the outside looking in.

• Cool 1

[-1]
Members
410 posts
7,517 battles

In my experience it gets more interesting as you move up the ranks but I can't break out of 8 and it sucks.

Beta Testers
1,361 posts
7 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

They really need to pick a more balanced tier. Mogador, Jutland and Kita are totally broken when it's tier 9 only.

and all three are uselessly underpowered when teamed up with 3 BBs who cant find their aft with all hands on deck.

• Funny 1

[PRNA]
Members
510 posts
5,322 battles
8 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

They really need to pick a more balanced tier. Mogador, Jutland and Kita are totally broken when it's tier 9 only.

Its this way no matter the tier. Tier 7 is Belfast/Sinop, Tier 8 has Kutuzov, Loyang, and Akizuki, Tier ten is more balanced but its always a Yamato on the top of the scoreboard. So on and so forth.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,650 posts
13,013 battles
1 hour ago, Sou1forge said:

Its this way no matter the tier. Tier 7 is Belfast/Sinop, Tier 8 has Kutuzov, Loyang, and Akizuki, Tier ten is more balanced but its always a Yamato on the top of the scoreboard. So on and so forth.

The most balanced tier is tier 1 since they took AP away from the Black Swan.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
11,538 posts
32,288 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

The Fletcher, like the other American regular techtree DD's really shine in a teamwork situation. Ranked like random sometimes turns into a every man for them self. In that instance, the armored, hydro, radar, healing gunboats rule the day and all the regular techtree  USN and the Panasian rerolls get bullied out of the caps. Left on the outside looking in.

Not been my experience. I have played a couple of Yug games, but mostly Fletcher, and I have had no trouble bullying other DDs. I run BFT/IFHE. Its brutal. The major problem I run into is the Kitikaze, a brokenly OP ship that should not be in the game at all, never mind in Ranked. What were the devs thinking?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,258 posts
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

The major problem I run into is the Kitikaze, a brokenly OP ship that should not be in the game at all 

That darned thing eats planes; it has much better AA than its rating would indicate.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PRNA]
Members
510 posts
5,322 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

The most balanced tier is tier 1 since they took AP away from the Black Swan.

Maybe, but it would also be the most boring tier. Ships don’t really have classes or roles down there last I played it. Granted this is a while ago. I make a point to mostly play higher tier stuff. Just feels like more of a game up there.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,650 posts
13,013 battles
Just now, Sou1forge said:

Maybe, but it would also be the most boring tier. Ships don’t really have classes or roles down there last I played it. Granted this is a while ago. I make a point to mostly play higher tier stuff. Just feels like more of a game up there.

Which is why it is the most balanced, every ship is a small patrol/gun boat.

[PRNA]
Members
510 posts
5,322 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Not been my experience. I have played a couple of Yug games, but mostly Fletcher, and I have had no trouble bullying other DDs. I run BFT/IFHE. Its brutal. The major problem I run into is the Kitikaze, a brokenly OP ship that should not be in the game at all, never mind in Ranked. What were the devs thinking?

This. :Smile_great: Sorta.

Kitakaze took Fletcher out of its role in the meta, along with Black becoming easier to acquire, and Jutland existing. There just isn’t any reason to chose Fletcher over any of these boats. Doesn’t out fight them, doesn’t support friendly DDs better than them, doesn’t torp significantly better than them (although this is the closest upside). Just why. It used to be the king, now it’s an average Joe stepping stone to the Gearing, which sees competitive play, but also lacks in randoms against its counterparts.

Edited by Sou1forge

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,382 posts
12,179 battles
45 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

This. :Smile_great: Sorta.

Kitakaze took Fletcher out of its role in the meta, along with Black becoming easier to acquire, and Jutland existing. There just isn’t any reason to chose Fletcher over any of these boats. Doesn’t out fight them, doesn’t support friendly DDs better than them, doesn’t torp significantly better than them (although this is the closest upside). Just why. It used to be the king, now it’s an average Joe stepping stone to the Gearing, which sees competitive play, but also lacks in randoms against its counterparts.

In CB American DD's kick butt. This is as good of teamwork your going to get. I've used the Benson in CB this season with lots of success. Smoking for supporting cruisers and battleships. Sailing slightly out and spotting while they dish out the punishment while you look for torpedos and are their eyes while they are in or behind the smoke. Works great! Ranked no divisions, no voice. Strangers who may or may not know good teamwork. The Fletcher is a teamwork ship. It's not a gunboat bully.

• Cool 1

[TNG-2]
Members
1,140 posts
5,220 battles

Dont feel bad.

Im a decent player but i stop at rank 5.

I dont need steel, sitting on too much.

I do regret not playing for the good match ups, but I cant stand poor players in the rank 5 - Rank 1 bracket. 

• Boring 1

Members
1,111 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Which is why it is the most balanced, every ship is a small patrol/gun boat.

most balanced and has no skill involved. There will never be a T1 ranked season.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,650 posts
13,013 battles
4 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

most balanced and has no skill involved. There will never be a T1 ranked season.

Sure there is no skill involved with the usual denizens there but in a competitive mode with all ships being relatively equal skill would be the deciding factor.

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
1,472 posts
10,369 battles
4 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I would think TIer 1 have the MOST skill involved.

No Gimmiks
No Premium
No Snarky consumable

Just you vs me.

• Cool 1

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
238 posts
10,133 battles

i really used to enjoy ranked.

First,  I dont see salt in ranked.  Usually both teams are friendly and don't talk smack as they do in WOT

Second,  there used to be more safe ranked levels.  With only level 12 as a safe spot, you yo-yo up and down too much and too far.

Third,  I don't know what is going on with the MM, but the games are tending to be very lop-sided.  For every match that is close, 1 on one or 2 on one at the end, there are 6 or 7 blowouts with only 1 dead opponent with the other team at the bottom of the sea.  This is not really fun for either team.  I don't know how to solve this.  Maybe I have been getting the radom short end of the stick, but the team disparity has been noticable, and commented on my many players.

Lastly, any tier has OP ships.  Yes,  this seems to be 4 DD's, Kronstadt, Mushashi.  Cruisers are generally not played, and are taken out early.  Kitty, Jutland and Black are the DD's of choice.