You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Subs....crud.

128 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,518 posts

Let the CVs and DDs go full-time after the subs...

Then you'll have your gun battles.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,487 posts
4,169 battles

Actually plenty of people came for CV's.  And anything that puts any CV bashing players nose out of joint is A-OK in my book.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 3

[EQRN]
Members
1,667 posts
13,896 battles

A bit early to get worked up and rupturing hemorrhoids.  Sounds like almost a year before subs will commingle with surface ships on Live.  And when that happens and MM gives 11 subs and 1 BB to a team, then you can break out the Preparation H.

• Cool 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,865 posts
13,960 battles
39 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

What about the time invested in the game, let alone the money?

The same thing happens for the old rts players, all your money and time you put in the game will be taked away and get a new system.

• Confused 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,481 posts
12,942 battles
9 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

A bit early to get worked up and rupturing hemorrhoids.  Sounds like almost a year before subs will commingle with surface ships on Live.  And when that happens and MM gives 11 subs and 1 BB to a team, then you can break out the Preparation H.

Yes it is but I just don't see how they can keep any semblance of the feel of the slow patient stalking of a target that is sub operations and have them still be playable. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles
8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

...if only this was a WW1 game...

That would be fun IMHO, would totally do that. 

• Cool 2

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

People just want a "naval warfare game" without the whole "naval" part. Aircraft and subs aren't welcome because they are part of naval warfare. People just want to play against the easy to kill ships. Not the challenging ones.

They really just came here to play Minesweeper and the Battleship board game of old.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 4

[TARK]
Members
4,421 posts
1,671 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

That would be fun IMHO, would totally do that. 

I keep telling people WG would be wise to abandon the marketing conceit that this is a ww2 game.

It isnt.

WG obviously doesnt WANT it to be either based on their development choices.

Move the game to the 1890-1930 time frame and you get an order of magnitude MORE ships AND a game meta that the playerbase LIKES.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[FML]
Members
3,218 posts
13,698 battles
53 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

And so it goes.

Most of us came here because it was less of a fast paced, arcade, adolescent crap fest that most computer games are.  Most of us are old and just thought we found a game we could have fun with and not worry about moving our arthritic fingers to fast.  We came here because us old guys loved ships, old historic ships, that our fathers and grandfathers served on (and in some cases died on) or built.  We tolerated paper ships because we had a "what if" part of us that wanted to find out what could have been.  We really didn't want to get into anything other then SHIPS....

....not planes

......not shore fortifications

....not tanks

...not space ships

...not goofy camo that looks like it would be better looking if it was on a prostitutes house

and not out of place gimmicks that turn a cool you shot me and I shoot you game in to a "well hell, why should I even leave port now" mentality.  We came here to match our ships and guns on a (sort of) even playing field, but now the game is going to turn into a teenage representation of nothing of value and not worth the monies or time.   I have to wonder what most of you that are saying "Cant wait for subs" are thinking?  I mean really, do you think that this will add players to the game more then it will drive them away?  "Hay come and play this BIG GUN SHIP game....where you get bombed by planes and torped by subs".... Can you say "hydro cancer"?   OK I get it, you think subs are great and will make YOUR  gaming experience "fun and engaging" because dam it YOU  know better then all the rest of the player base that have repeatedly said they didn't want subs in the game.  There is a good percentage of the player base that have taken WG at their word when they said there would never be subs in the game?  What about them?  What about the time invested in the game, let alone the money?  Are you going to be able to reassure them that it will be ok and that the game will be just as fun.....sort of like how it is with CV's, right?

Well you got what YOU wanted, and who cares about the other guys. 

Seams sort of selfish to me. 

You build a game as a Gun vs Gun battleship game with a little DD and CV action but now you want to put in a "you cant see me or hit me" unit in now?  Good luck balancing that crap out!  I can see it now, first we will have the "We are not doing as much damage as every one else" posts from the subaholics, then WG will buff the subs and then we will get the "Subs are OP" post, so WG will buff the ASW on ships....

And so the power creep goes on....

So subs are coming, yippie!  

Now where did I put my copy of Fighting Steel? 

tl;dr - get off my lawn. 

And not everyone served in surface fleet. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,326 posts
12,049 battles
18 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

And when that happens and MM gives 11 subs and 1 BB to a team, then you can break out the Preparation H.

LoL I am out of +1's so :cap_like:

I hope we get at least the four main lines with submarines. USN, KM, IJN, RN,. Maybe Schnellboats and PT boats as well. President Kennedy served on PT 109.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,847 posts
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I keep telling people WG would be wise to abandon the marketing conceit that this is a ww2 game.

It isnt.

WG obviously doesnt WANT it to be either based on their development choices.

Move the game to the 1890-1930 time frame and you get an order of magnitude MORE ships AND a game meta that the playerbase LIKES.

I wouldn't like that.  I mean I wouldn't mind playing those old ships in this game, but I wouldn't like them being my only choice.

[TARK]
Members
4,421 posts
1,671 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I wouldn't like that.  I mean I wouldn't mind playing those old ships in this game, but I wouldn't like them being my only choice.

Ok, so expand to include 1890-1950...

The point is we dont need to exclude the ww1 and pre-WW1 ships because it's a 'ww2' game...

...because it's not. 

Supertester
374 posts
6,314 battles

Where so you get off with all the “we” garbage?

Just speak for yourself, and pointing fingers and calling others selfish?  Time to get back on your meds guy...

If it doesn’t grow the game dies...believe it or not WG is trying to protect your investment by keeping the game fresh and 

introducing new content.  

Such narrow minds and unimaginative people in these forums.   And your so invested in having your own way that you stop supporting the game  financially thereby losing everything...do you guys even think these thoughts through to their logical conclusions?  

No money, means no game...gone, shut down and nothing but a  memory.  Is that your goal?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,202 posts
39 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Then it will be too late.

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,202 posts
5 minutes ago, Theodin said:

Where so you get off with all the “we” garbage?

Just speak for yourself, and pointing fingers and calling others selfish?  Time to get back on your meds guy...

If it doesn’t grow the game dies...believe it or not WG is trying to protect your investment by keeping the game fresh and 

introducing new content.  

Such narrow minds and unimaginative people in these forums.   And your so invested in having your own way that you stop supporting the game  financially thereby losing everything...do you guys even think these thoughts through to their logical conclusions?  

No money, means no game...gone, shut down and nothing but a  memory.  Is that your goal?

As opposed to no money because the subs make the game uplayable?   Just shoveling in new content regardless of whether it fits, regardless of the quality, won't keep the game good, or "fresh", or whatever.   New is not good, or bad, it's not new.

And hey, guess what grows faster and more consistently and more relentlessly than anything?   Cancer, and fungus.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[PRAVD]
Members
109 posts
2,763 battles

Speak for yourself. Most of this post is extremely incorrect and all of your opinions are heavily biased. You clearly are looking for a historically accurate game, and that is certainly not world of warships. In my opinion, that's what makes the game (the aspect that it is literally a game and not historically accurate). It is a game. Stop griping about things that don't hurt it and are actually good additions.  Without any new changes or steps, it would not have survived for this long with the brainless "boom pow shooty ship 1v1 battleship!!!!!!!!!" mentality that such a minority actually enjoys.

At the least, be optimistic. This is a game, not real life. 

1 hour ago, Turbotush said:

Most of us came here because it was less of a fast paced, arcade, adolescent crap fest that most computer games are.  Most of us are old and just thought we found a game we could have fun with and not worry about moving our arthritic fingers to fast.  We came here because us old guys

....not planes

......not shore fortifications

....not tanks

...not space ships

...not goofy camo that looks like it would be better looking if it was on a prostitutes house

I actually laughed at this part. Good troll post. I dont think you even know the game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,208 posts
20,947 battles

*Keep your liver spotted hands off our beautiful game.*

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
549 posts

It's hard for me to imagine subs won't completely ruin playstyle in some ships.  After seeing the CV rollout, you can count me as a 'no'.  WG...please work on improving the already existing flaws before you create new ones.

• Cool 3

[OIL-1]
Members
391 posts

They changed the rules in Baseball! I quit!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1