52 comments in this topic

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,251 posts
14,922 battles

The 0.8.8 update will be dedicated to the 4 birthday of World of Warships. You can celebrate this day in the new port.

WG_SPB_WoWs_port_bday.thumb.jpg.dcf8c74d4a9f5cc9bc07f823c64568ec.jpg WG_SPB_WoWs_port_bday_2.thumb.jpg.3ec066524ac7294d2247cca6e3e0c54c.jpg

WG_SPB_WoWs_port_bday_3.thumb.jpg.2036aa9425b3b019cdf3e5200f732082.jpg WG_SPB_WoWs_port_bday_4.thumb.jpg.78cc36b4a70cd727aff2cc0ca1f71981.jpg

Rewards are given for the first win in the update - mechanics of bonuses for the victory are similar to the Snowflakes and Symbol of France. The most valuable rewards are available for victories on tier X ships. 

We understand that those who decided to use ships to get research points may lose some rewards from them. That's why in the 0.8.8 rewards will be given automatically for all ships which have a bonus for victory for research points. If during the event you will research and purchase the ships for which you got your reward automatically, you will be able to get it second time. 

WIP4_03.png

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 17

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,676 posts

You guys just made a LOT of people really happy with this port   :D

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[KWF]
Members
3,804 posts
5,502 battles

Will there be any anniversary Collection, similarly to the past few years as well? 

The camouflages and in general the rewards were pretty welcome.

The Port is top tier, possibly among the 3 best you have created.

Edited by warheart1992

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,715 posts
16,681 battles
10 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Yeah no kidding

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,676 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Yeah no kidding

I can't wait to crack into the files for it and mod the textures~
I think a cookbook would look nice there~<3

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,193 posts
21,198 battles

Someone eons ago thought that a glass case for the boats one possessed would be nice. You could zoom out to see the large number of models, and could move in and 'walk' down the length of the case until you found the toy boat you wanted to play with, then click on it. This looks to be a nice second to that concept.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,912 posts
10,422 battles

is that a name plate on the model stand i see? please tell me the name changes with the ship

Edited by tcbaker777

[SALVO]
Members
23,801 posts
24,399 battles
57 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

I'm not one of them.  I like real looking ports.  My favorite port is the Ocean "port", largely due to the nice, pleasant, neutral lighting, so that I can SEE the camo I've selected.  The idea of a "port" that's a desk in a study looks completely dorky.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,676 posts
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm not one of them.  I like real looking ports.  My favorite port is the Ocean "port", largely due to the nice, pleasant, neutral lighting, so that I can SEE the camo I've selected.  The idea of a "port" that's a desk in a study looks completely dorky.

The port with the most neutral lighting is actually the Azur Dorm. No single light source, it's uniform all around the model

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,009 posts
16,924 battles
17 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

is that a name plate on the model stand i see? please tell me the name changes with the ship

I would also love a nameplate that matches the ship.

[PVE]
Members
4,132 posts
22,432 battles
59 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

No SC for T10s?  Reading between the lines, it’s not steel we’re getting :cap_viking:

They haven't given steel for birthday events in the past so I'm guessing there won't be steel this time either (but they may surprise us...between the lines doesn't say we won't get steel).

But there definitely is a lack of SCs mentioned compared to the previous anniversary events...hopefully they're hidden between the lines also.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
16,310 posts
11,166 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Reading between the lines, it’s not steel we’re getting :cap_viking:

Don't despair until Christmas passes without it.

• Cool 1

[-SCL-]
[-SCL-]
Members
19 posts
3,599 battles

Great another port I will look at for 10 seconds then switch to ocean.  A proper port interface that isn't layers of clicking and doesn't lag or hog GPU resources more than in a battle would be far more appreciated than the novelty nonsense.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

I like the port, I'm neutral on the event until rewards are detailed. If T10s are still given a good reward, I'm fine with not having super containers for them. I REALLY don't need a few hundred more firestarting flags...

Matt

• Boring 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
341 posts
9,183 battles

Can we please keep this port forever?

it's too good to be a once only port. 

:crab:

Edited by Malarkey_

[NSC]
Members
1,884 posts
15 hours ago, Femennenly said:

We understand that those who decided to use ships to get research points may lose some rewards from them. That's why in the 0.8.8 rewards will be given automatically for all ships which have a bonus for victory for research points. If during the event you will research and purchase the ships for which you got your reward automatically, you will be able to get it second time. 

Is this currently expected to be true for future events as well? (Where "snowflakes" are a thing.)

Thanks for answering!