Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

This game hates me today

11 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
3,523 posts
10,799 battles

I'm working on the 4th set of directives DD missions in Coops. I spawn opposite of fast firing cruisers in my Guepard with no island to seek shelter from their pin point shooting. Or I spawn in the point furthest from the action and even with DD speed half the ships are sunk by the time I'm in range. Murphy's law is in full effect so I'm taking a break.

The only thing I can say it is not as bad as when RNG decides half you salvo will fall short & the other half go long 9 out of 10 times.

Some days just aren't good.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,533 posts
8,684 battles

It seems to have hated me for over a week now.  Went from a 66% solo winrate to 25%.

Thinking seriously of putting it on the shelf.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,835 posts
10 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I'm working on the 4th set of directives DD missions in Coops. I spawn opposite of fast firing cruisers in my Guepard with no island to seek shelter from their pin point shooting. Or I spawn in the point furthest from the action and even with DD speed half the ships are sunk by the time I'm in range. Murphy's law is in full effect so I'm taking a break.

The only thing I can say it is not as bad as when RNG decides half you salvo will fall short & the other half go long 9 out of 10 times.

The bots can't fire on you until they detect you.  Hold your fire until you are detected, as soon as you are, burn your speed boost, start swinging the ship and open fire.  I try to get in between two BBs so I can dump torps on both sides at them.  Then duck behind an island or whatever is close.   If you can, use another DD's smoke.

If it looks like you are going to die, head toward something under boost and attempt to ram it. Basically just take as many other ships as possible with you.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,298 posts
5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Welcome to my world...I roll an AA ship for planes, not a CV to be seen. I roll a DD, I get a load of cruisers in my face. Roll a cruiser, the DD in front of me eats it all, and I'm relegated to shooting across the map to farm damage. 

I even had a few dd's literally block me off, and prevent me from firing/torping their target. First time I've ever actually wanted to shoot a team mate on purpose....:Smile_amazed:

Did finally finish, got 15 planes in the last game to wrap up 6. Now I may need a month or two off again....

• Angry 1

[PACNW]
Members
35 posts
2,741 battles

In open water where I cannot use islands I do the following in French DDs (and sometimes Russian DDs with bad camo ) : 
1) In the early game I fire often (about ever 0.5-1km) in order to GET spotted. This prevents me from getting into knife fights early game and getting destroyed by DDs with better concealment that are spotting for a bunch of cruisers.
2) As soon as I am spotted I don't proceed any farther, I turn and prepare to disengage if necessary. 
3) When the enemy opens fire on me I should be only spotted by 1 ship and they should be shooting at long range. Easiest for me to dodge. 
4) If the ship that spotted me doesn't fire I disengage (remember, I am at max range even to the spotter due to #1) and go elsewhere. 
5) French DDs DO NOT CAP early. Just don't do it. 
6) Torps are weapons of opportunity for french DDs, not the primary weapon. 
7) Focus on Battleships (at maximum range!) and Cruisers (also at maximum range!). Only get into a duel with a DD if you can avoid fire from everything else (#1 should help with this). 
8) At long range you should be varying your speed and always angled towards or away from the folks shooting at you. 

I am not saying that all of this (esp #1 through #4) is best practice, but it works well to keep me alive and producing damage until endgame and prevents me from taking a lot of early damage in french DDs. 

[PHD]
Members
803 posts
4,098 battles

I'm playing the Ashetaka because I have to for the French directive, not because I want to play a BB. I can tell my aim is on because my salvo hits all around the target without hitting it

[B_Y_F]
Members
440 posts
10,632 battles
43 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I spawn opposite of fast firing cruisers in my Guepard with no island to seek shelter from their pin point shooting.

Why you need a island? French DD can eat bot CL alive with MBMR+AP. 

[RLGN]
Members
12,248 posts
21,976 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Bot BB hits an island, dead stopped and broadside, less than 8k away, plenty of time to aim at the waterline... 

...EVERY shot an over or under. (I’m a New York.)

I so feel your pain.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
156 posts
13,416 battles

Agreed you are not alone, RNG is not blessing me today what so ever! Not Rank....not in PVP and not even in PVE.....I give up today surrender!

[TDRB]
Members
3,523 posts
10,799 battles
3 hours ago, Burnsy said:

The bots can't fire on you until they detect you.  Hold your fire until you are detected, as soon as you are, burn your speed boost, start swinging the ship and open fire.  I try to get in between two BBs so I can dump torps on both sides at them.  Then duck behind an island or whatever is close.   If you can, use another DD's smoke.

If it looks like you are going to die, head toward something under boost and attempt to ram it. Basically just take as many other ships as possible with you.

That is what I am trying to do. But as soon as I am spotted there have been 2 or 3 cruisers pop into view to focus on me. Speed boost & kiting is not effective when they're raining a slew of HE all around you.

It's just been a run of bad luck.

[TDRB]
Members
3,523 posts
10,799 battles
2 hours ago, sapient007 said:

Why you need a island? French DD can eat bot CL alive with MBMR+AP. 

I hunt cruisers & BB's with my Guepard. But I don't have the fire power to take on 3 at the same time.

Sign in to follow this