You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
thumblez

public test account - how?

4 comments in this topic

[ENDO]
Members
8 posts
7,077 battles

So how does one create/register a public test account?

I believe I have downloaded and installed the PT client, but I cannot log in.  When I try to log in to the PT server I get a message that my username and password are incorrect. If I try to create an account i get a message that my email is already registered. Are three detailde instruction somewhere that tell how to create and register a public test account?

Thanks

• Cool 1

[LODGE]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,703 posts
4,753 battles

To access the World of Warships Public Test:

• Go to to the Public Test website. You can change the language by clicking on the map icon in the corner of the page.
  • Click the "Join Now" button. You will need to create a new account to participate because the Public Test system isn't connected to the regular game servers. Your current Wargaming.net ID will not allow you to access the Public Test.

Game Center

• If you have the Wargaming.net Game Center, Click the double-arrow icon at the top right, select "Import Installed Games" and add the Public Test to your Game Center!
  • When it downloads use the drop-down menu in the upper left section called "Game Instance" to switch between the game and the Public Test.

Warning: You must register your Public Test account with the same email address as your live account to collect your rewards. No exceptions.

• Once you've created a Public Test account, you'll receive a confirmation email (if using Gmail, see "Promotions"). Click the link in the message to activate your account.
  • Once activated, you'll be able to log in using the Public Test client (again, separate from the regular game launcher) which can be downloaded below:

Download Public Test Client

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,250 battles

@thumblez you cant login to the PT because there is no PT in session. 8.7 is finished and 8.8 will not happen until after the 8.7 update goes live.

@JollyRoger6969 My user name and email are the same for both.

[ENDO]
Members
8 posts
7,077 battles

Thanks to those who responded.

I am aware that the 8.7 test is finished, but I was hoping I could register an account.

I am no closer to doing that than i was before, as the link posted leads to a page that I have seen before which has no reference visible to me that relates to the public test. It is helpful to know that a confirmation email will be sent should I  succeed in creating an account. But I still do not know how/where to register an account.

Thanks,