CAPTMUDDXX

Why Complain about Mission/Event Completion Requirements

12 comments in this topic

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,220 battles

All campaigns and their individual missions have completion requirements that must be met to get the reward. All of the combat missions, personal missions, personal assignments, special TWITCH missions, event directives, ranked/clan/scenarios/naval battles and contest events have clearly stated completion requirements. Those requirements may be one or more such as simply play a battle in any mode, ship type/tier, specific ship(s), earn X amount Total XP, Base XP, Free XP,  main and or secondary gun/torp hits, cause X amount of damage in a battle/over several battles and so forth.

Long time, New players and all in between read the requirements for each. If you have what is needed to meet the requirements great go for it. If you don't then strive to get what is needed to meet them and go for it. 

If you aren't willing to do those things then please Do Not Complain About It!

Be bored all you want to impudent curs. That in no way alters the soundness of the advice.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[KAPPA]
Members
2,275 posts
7,157 battles

Because complaints and poor showings beget change if they come in droves.

Remember the final Kamikaze mission? That took 8 hours of playtime per day for the whole event to complete. Around 20 people completed that.

Remember Cossack? Spending multiple months grinding the same ship was an excessive requirement, then needing to spend money on top of that only made it feel like they were taking you for a 1$ ride, and people complained for a reason.

Neither of these sorts of grinds have been repeated. There have been no 1$ required "freebies" since. There have been no... WoWs job requirement repeats. There have been difficult grinds, sure, but the only one pushing a limit since Cossack has been Benham, and that wasn't too bad so long as you were willing to play a BR mode.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,275 posts
7,157 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Whatever!

Ahh, I see. So you're a troll, then. Here I thought you actually were somehow seriously thinking that. Good to know.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,220 battles

@Shoggoth_pinup No, not a troll and the two examples you cited were not worthy of complaining about. All one needed to do was play their normal game to complete. I did both easily. The Kamikaze R is great, the Cossack not so much. 

People complain about the XP requirements to get the 3 daily crates for crying out loud.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,231 posts
21,951 battles
30 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

All one needed to do was play their normal game to complete. I did both easily. The Kamikaze R is great, the Cossack not so much.

+2 Mudd.

Personally don’t remember the Kami missions/tasks being that difficult.

Can’t remember if I even have Cossack.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,275 posts
7,157 battles
53 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Shoggoth_pinup No, not a troll and the two examples you cited were not worthy of complaining about. All one needed to do was play their normal game to complete. I did both easily. The Kamikaze R is great, the Cossack not so much. 

People complain about the XP requirements to get the 3 daily crates for crying out loud.

There were multiple occasions to get the Kami R. The one I speak of, which was the final time they made it available for free, required literally 8 hours of play every day for a month. If you did that one, you were one of about 20 people to complete the mission. If you think that playing a game 56+ hours per week is reasonable, I'm sorry, but you have way too much free time. The earlier event(s) to get her were fairly easy, I hear, but this one was just plain stupid. It was the single largest grind this game has ever seen, and it was for a tier 5 DD. I'd call it about 4-8x more demanding of one's time than Benham's mission. For a tier 5 DD. Which, I'll mention, if you earned 1$ per hours spent playing, you could have bought a T8 DD and still had money left over.

I have only missed a handful of free ships since I started playing. The november ARP ship, that dragon ship released a little after the ARP event ended, Kami R, and Lazo. The fore most was due to having just started the game. The second was because I was taking a couple month break due to burnout from earning all the ARP ships with minimum required ships. The last was due to thinking I had 2 months to do it for the first week, and thus losing out on it.

Kami R is the only event I simply didn't even try to do after I did the math. I wasn't here for the earlier events to earn her, or else I'd already have had her. Heck, I'd not be surprised if someone told me that most of those 20 players botted their way to completion.

Edit: It was such a bad grind that people made a gif about the meeting behind it. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit 2: I couldn't find the gif, but I did find the math in an old Reddit post.

"To get the 800 coins for a Kamikaze, we need ~100 wins per week, 8m damage, 180 kills, 21,000 ribbons etc. Quick math therefore tells us typical 50-60% WR player will need to play between ~170 (50%) and ~200 (60%) battles per week for 3 weeks. With ~20 minute battles (assuming that some are a bit shorter than 20 minutes, but accounting for queue times and not queuing instantly etc, getting drinks blah blah) then that means 57-67 hours per week. Even assuming 15 minutes average per battle, it's 43-50 hours per week.

A standard 9-5 (30 minute lunch) full time job, for reference, is 37.5-40 hours per week. So that means even 60% win rate players (who can also average 47k damage, 120 ribbons, 1000 base XP, and >1.1 kills per battle) will spend more time earning the Kamikaze, than they would at work. For a €17 destroyer or a handful of camos."

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[RLGN]
Members
12,231 posts
21,951 battles

@Shoggoth_pinup

I must have had Kami-R from an earlier event then. As I said, I didn’t remember it as being very hard to get.

(Actually have all three; Pumpkin, Blueberry, and Apple.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Funny 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,220 battles

@Shoggoth_pinup Hence my statement. If you don't have what is needed then either get what is needed or pass on the mission. Complaining about something that no one is forcing you to do is senseless. I try almost everything mission presented here and really don't care if I complete them or not. They appear, I play. If I complete one fine, if not fine also. I certainly wont complain about it. The one awhile back that required a purchase of a bundle for a special mission I passed on but I didn't complain about it.

What I do have a complaint about is the unneeded CV rework garbage.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,220 battles

@Turbotush So subs are coming. Big deal. Make a senseless complaint post about them! Better yet why not just don't use them if and when they are added.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,275 posts
7,157 battles
7 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

What I do have a complaint about is the unneeded CV rework garbage.

I feel that you might be living in a glass house there. You're tired of people whining about events? Well, guess what, plenty of us are tired of people whining about CVs, too. But the thing is, people whine because they want change. This is why I don't complain about said complainers. If everyone were happy with CVs being OP, they wouldn't have kneejerk nerfed them into the ground, and instead taken their time. Sure, it'll be fixed eventually, but this is the power of whining. If enough people did so about a given event, WG would take notice, just like they did with other things. DDs whine about CVs hitting them early, so they tried a few ways to fix that, even if they never came to fruition. DDs whine about rockets and HE bombs, so they got hit hard with a nerf bat. BBs whined about DDs torping too well, DDs get their torps ripped in half and given back, so reduced was their effectiveness. BBs whine about HE spam, and now IFHE is likely gonna get gutted. BBs whined about RN BBs, and look at those cits they got.

If nobody ever whined about anything, a lot of changes would have not happened, or at least not happened the way they did. RN BBs are a good example, as they weren't over performing, so they instead had their defenses rebalanced in a different direction.

Community Department
3,053 posts
1,128 battles

The topic will be moved to the off-topic section and locked due to non-constructiveness and personal attacks in the comments and for being posted in wrong section from the beginning.
Thanks for your replies and understanding.