TL:DR - Research Bureau

605 comments in this topic

[KSE]
Members
3,937 posts
18,359 battles

Well 

I still don't know what I feel about this 

I'm OK with the re grind but I wish we had scenarios to play at different tiers having to sell the ships well...

Edited by Lexington_MuseumO1
  • Cool 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,988 posts
16,606 battles

Are the free 10,000 points gone? I didn’t see any mention of them, and the further info link didn’t work. Also, is the requirement for the one-time bonus now moved up to 5 T10s as well? Do T10 premiums like Stalingrad count toward the requirements?

Members
78 posts
4,833 battles

If you truly want higher tier players to play lower tier ships, would it not make more sense to make players earn the most points in lower tier ships instead of higher ones? Plus, since you can only get points for the first victory, players will just rush the lower tiers and go back to the higher ones. Could you at least be honest why you included this system instead of making up [edited] claims?

• Cool 13

[SOFOP]
Members
1,652 posts
11,208 battles

@Femennenly

There seems to be some inconsistencies with what you posted and what is on the website.

You stated:

All consumables (flags/camos/etc) and module upgrades will be demounted and placed in the inventory.

The website says:  

...the ships and all modules will be sold for half their their cost.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,225 posts

So what you are saying is to game the system by getting enough XP on it to skip the first ship in the tree?

Also will all events now include t1-4 research ships?  Say I reset my french cruiser line but an event comes along that is only eligible for t6-10 ships will ships from a line I reset be eligible for the event if they are only like t2?  Seems kind of like a huge waste of time if you can't part take in events after resetting your line.

The other thing that bugs me is peeing away so much hard earned XP just to research a branch again.

• Cool 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,251 posts
14,733 battles
7 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Are the free 10,000 points gone? I didn’t see any mention of them, and the further info link didn’t work. Also, is the requirement for the one-time bonus now moved up to 5 T10s as well? Do T10 premiums like Stalingrad count toward the requirements?

The TL:DR is meant to provide the bare bone instructions and explanations to make the information less confronting but provide the bare necessities on upcoming info.

But yes the 10,000 kick off for the first reset is still there. 

I've updated the link :) 

[FEM]
2,251 posts
14,733 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

@Femennenly

There seems to be some inconsistencies with what you posted and what is on the website.

You stated:

All consumables (flags/camos/etc) and module upgrades will be demounted and placed in the inventory.

The website says:  

...the ships and all modules will be sold for half their their cost.

Phraseology issue, fixing :)  

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,225 posts
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Why half? Why not full price?  Also If i revert a ship back to stock will the upgrade modules remain in my inventory?

Members
1,977 posts
7,013 battles

I thought this idea was given a well-deserved early grave after the outcry from the last time it was mentioned.
What the <bleep>?!?

• Cool 19
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Beta Testers
885 posts
4,556 battles

interesting to see that, even thought the community shot this down as the NTC, WGs perfectly happy to just repackage it and throw it at us again......-_-

• Cool 14

Beta Testers
885 posts
4,556 battles
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

I thought this idea was given a well-deserved early grave after the outcry from the last time it was mentioned.
What the <bleep>?!?

probably a case of WG thought it was such a great idea that by the time they told us about it they had already poured to many resources into making it happen, so now we have to deal with them slapping new labels on what is essentially the same thing as they try to force feed it to us. 

• Cool 10

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
583 posts
5,369 battles

Anyone know if you start in season 1 and say have 20k points at end of season do you get to keep them or does it reset?

• Cool 1

[RSF]
Members
156 posts
11,434 battles

You all are [edited] about this... and yet you think subs are a good idea. Its just another way for Wg to hide ships behind a collectable like steel and ranked tokens

• Cool 5

Members
2,850 posts
6,470 battles
15 minutes ago, MitTh_raw_nuRuodo said:

Uh, no thank you. Why not just offer smaller rewards for playing a number of battle's a week on lower tier ship's?

Because then you wouldn't convert free xp to obtain modules or use money for other things along the way, like you did the first time.

They don't care if you PLAY. They care if you PAY.

Otherwise, your idea makes perfect sense.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

Members
78 posts
4,833 battles
1 minute ago, Angel_With_A_Shotgun said:

probably a case of WG thought it was such a great idea that by the time they told us about it they had already poured to many resources into making it happen, so now we have to deal with them slapping new labels on what is essentially the same thing as they try to force feed it to us. 

Probably because they stand to make money with this and no longer care about what the community thinks.

• Cool 5

[SOFOP]
Members
1,652 posts
11,208 battles
8 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

I get it now.  UPGRADES will be demounted, but Modules will be sold.

[FEM]
2,251 posts
14,733 battles
Just now, StoptheViolins said:

Why half? Why not full price?  Also If i revert a ship back to stock will the upgrade modules remain in my inventory?

Ships when being sold back have always been returned at half price. Upgrade modules will be sold at half their purchase price too. 

2 minutes ago, The_Ghost_Minx said:

It was. Nobody likes the idea. But WG still thinks it's a good plan to instigate it. Because WeeGee logic!

The original idea saw outcry about the rewards/benefits that would come it (that is buff to ships). This has been completely removed for the new Research Bureau.

1 minute ago, Capn_Nugget said:

Anyone know if you start in season 1 and say have 20k points at end of season do you get to keep them or does it reset?

Your research points will remain between seasons and not expire.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6
  • Angry 4

Members
78 posts
4,833 battles
1 minute ago, Thornir said:

Because then you wouldn't convert free xp to obtain modules or use money for other things along the way, like you did the first time.

They don't care if you PLAY. They care if you PAY.

Otherwise, your idea makes perfect sense.

It would not be so bad if at least they admitted their intent. I could even respect that, but the flimsy justification is just pathetic.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers
885 posts
4,556 battles
1 hour ago, gprix84 said:

You all are [edited] about this... and yet you think subs are a good idea

Not alot of people think subs are a good idea either. WG has to many problems with the game already that still need solving to be throwing and entirely new class that requires a major game overhaul to operate into the game right now. But of course they are gonna do it anyway and well be stuck with the consequences. -_-

• Cool 5

Members
2,850 posts
6,470 battles
Just now, Ortheki said:

It would not be so bad if at least they admitted their intent. I could even respect that, but the flimsy justification is just pathetic.

They never have. They have never given us a full up, honest explanation for anything. 

• Cool 5