You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

French commander

30 comments in this topic

[RELAX]
Members
1,148 posts
8,654 battles

PHILIPPE AUBOYNEAU\

every 2,000,000 HP of potential damage increases your ship's maximum speed by 8%.

So does this keep stacking is there a limit and is it permanent?

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
2,575 posts
13,467 battles

The argument can be made that if you are good enough to tank 4,000,000 or more damage and live, you don't need to go faster.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,863 posts

I dunno but that is a LOT of damage, so not sure it will matter, often or even ever.

[PVE]
Members
10,267 posts
18,979 battles

Before you get too carried away talking about this new Capt and what it can do, go and actually read how you get him. It will take 2100 tokens. You can earn tokens...

• complete all 44 directive missions of the 4 part event = 1610 tokens
  • place 50% or higher in the hall of fame = up to 1200 tokens (top 5% = 300 tokens / top 5-10% = 300 tokens / top 10-25% = 300 tokens / top 25-50% = 300 tokens)
  • complete combat missions with Mogador or Le Terrible = 200 tokens each
  • You can ONLY earn tokens during update 8.7 so 1 month to get enough by playing only.

That is a pretty significant grind and skill ceiling for a lot of people. This will not be a quick and easy event to get this Capt. AND you can't get him, without buying crates (see below), through play until after you complete part 4 AND the HOF finishes up. IF you get all 1610 from the directives, and also get the 400 for the 2 French DD's, that is 2010. You are still 90 tokens short of the needed 2100. So you either buy at least 1 premium crate or you have to wait for the HOF to end and hope you at least placed in the top 50%.

For those who just don't have the time, desire, or ability WG is offering premium crates that contain 120 tokens each. The image on the news site shows them in the armory for...

• 1 crate = 1250 doubloons
  • 6 crates = 7125 doubloons
  • 12 crates = 13,800 doubloons
  • 22 crates = 24,750 doubloons.

In addition to the 120 tokens each premium crate also gives

• 15X Dragon Flags -OR- 15X French Riviera Camo
  • 1 item/piece of the Legion Of Honor Collection
  • Chance at a mission for De Grasse/Aigle/Gascogne/Le Terrible - (if you have it already you will only get credit compensation)

Standard crates will NOT drop tokens. They will drop...

• 1X Dragon Flag -OR- 1X French Riviera Camo
  • 1X Dragon Flag -OR- 600 Coal
  • Chance at a mission for De Grasse/Aigle/Gascogne/Le Terrible - (if you have it already you will only get credit compensation)
Edited by AdmiralThunder

[RELAX]
Members
1,148 posts
8,654 battles

All I want to know is the 8% boost permanent.- lets not clutter the issue.

[WOLFG]
Members
7,493 posts
5,450 battles
3 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

I think it is per game (resets after every game).

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,128 battles
32 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

PHILIPPE AUBOYNEAU\

every 2,000,000 HP of potential damage increases your ship's maximum speed by 8%.

So does this keep stacking is there a limit and is it permanent?

Hey Chain_shot,

Yes, you can meet this requirement more than once in a match. You can find all the details about the new commander in the dedicated article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/french-destroyers-part-2/

What do you mean by "is it permanent?" 

All of these talents can be activated multiple times per battle.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,929 posts
4,043 battles

Yes it stacks

No it is not permanent. Resets every battle

Im just excited to finally cross the 40 knot threshold in my BBs:fish_cute_2:

[RELAX]
Members
1,148 posts
8,654 battles
6 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey Chain_shot,

Yes, you can meet this requirement more than once in a match. You can find all the details about the new commander in the dedicated article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/french-destroyers-part-2/

What do you mean by "is it permanent?" 

All of these talents can be activated multiple times per battle.

Was wondering if the ship then has a speed increase that is permanent by 8% after the match. So if I managed to do it like 4 times I would have a 32% speed increase every time I played that ship/commander.

Edited by Chain_shot

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,128 battles
Just now, Chain_shot said:

Was wondering if the ship then has a speed increase that is permanent by 8% after the match.

Oh, no this is on a per match basis. 

[RELAX]
Members
1,148 posts
8,654 battles
11 minutes ago, Kami said:

Oh, no this is on a per match basis. 

Thanks Kami. :cap_like:

[CAST]
Members
4,808 posts
3,359 battles

NOT worth that grind. Just grab one of the Honore brothers from the armory. Both enhanced skills are useful for French DDs, *especially* Adrenalin Surge.

[A-D-F]
5,863 posts
33 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

NOT worth that grind. Just grab one of the Honore brothers from the armory. Both enhanced skills are useful for French DDs, *especially* Adrenalin Surge.

Worth is subjective.  If I am going to play the game anyway, I am going to get free stuff while I am doing it.

[CAST]
Members
4,808 posts
3,359 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Worth is subjective.  If I am going to play the game anyway, I am going to get free stuff while I am doing it.

For sure. But you can either stress out on a nearly impossible grind for one reward ... or just relax and spend the tokens on other things that don't result in you getting a stroke from lack of sleep ;)

[A-D-F]
5,863 posts
10 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

For sure. But you can either stress out on a nearly impossible grind for one reward ... or just relax and spend the tokens on other things that don't result in you getting a stroke from lack of sleep ;)

I will sleep when I am dead :Smile_playing::Smile_veryhappy:

It honestly doesn't look all that bad.  Getting in the top 50% of the HOF in any event isn't really a ton of play.  It only gets a little crazy in the top 5-10%.  Mostly due to a lot of players just saying "this is too hard" and not even trying.

[WOLFG]
Members
7,493 posts
5,450 battles
1 hour ago, Chain_shot said:

Just thinking about permanent and winning it multiple times.

Eventually you'd have Jean Bart's chasing aircraft.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,252 posts
12,861 battles

Auboyneau was much more interesting before the nerfs ... I would still like to get him for my Aigle, but don't think I'll be grinding that much. 

Good luck to all the "undead" (cough, Burnsy, cough) ... :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

[A-D-F]
5,863 posts
Just now, DocWalker said:

Auboyneau was much more interesting before the nerfs ... I would still like to get him for my Aigle, but don't think I'll be grinding that much. 

Good luck to all the "undead" (cough, Burnsy, cough) ... :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

[UFFA]
Members
1,919 posts
73 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Before you get too carried away talking about this new Capt and what it can do, go and actually read how you get him. It will take 2100 tokens. You can earn tokens...

• place 50% or higher in the hall of fame = up to 1200 tokens (top 5% = 300 tokens / top 5-10% = 300 tokens / top 10-25% = 300 tokens / top 25-50% = 300 tokens)
  • You can ONLY earn tokens during update 8.7 so 1 month to get enough by playing only.

That is a pretty significant grind and skill ceiling for a lot of people. This will not be a quick and easy event to get this Capt. AND you can't get him, without buying crates (see below), through play until after you complete part 4 AND the HOF finishes up. IF you get all 1610 from the directives, and also get the 400 for the 2 French DD's, that is 2010. You are still 90 tokens short of the needed 2100. So you either buy at least 1 premium crate or you have to wait for the HOF to end and hope you at least placed in the top 50%.

For those who just don't have the time, desire, or ability WG is offering premium crates that contain 120 tokens each. The image on the news site shows them in the armory for...

Have to find ways to convince you to buy $100 worth of crates every month. :cap_yes:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,252 posts
12,861 battles
4 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Have to find ways to convince you to buy $100 worth of crates every month. :cap_yes:

If I could sell all these little guys for 10 bucks apiece ... hmmm, still a little short :Smile_unsure:

empty-wallet.jpg

[UFFA]
Members
1,919 posts
73 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

If I could sell all these little guys for 10 bucks apiece ... hmmm, still a little short :Smile_unsure:

empty-wallet.jpg

Call them key ingredients in ancient Chinese herbal remedies and sell them for $$$$. 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,401 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Today's "big announcement" means I'm pretty much going to ignore the upcoming grind.  Not worth the time/effort given the bleak future of the game.

• Cool 1

[-NOS-]
Members
1,154 posts
19,327 battles

The IJN is badly in need of more unique commanders, this snake-oil frenchman capitan ain't so high on the priority list.

• Angry 1