Sign in to follow this  
awiggin

Isn't it time WG?

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,297 posts

Co-op has become a mindless yolo grind, and the event just makes things worse.

image.png.87eaaaf89a98b0380d2bbdd5245e37a5.png

This what happens during events, the game is over before you blink. It doesn't help that you have a mercy rule for the bots either.

So, why not offer an alternative co-op mode 8 on 12. I think a lot of regular co-op players would like something like this. You tried 8 on 16, and it was simply to many ships, but 8 on 12 I think would be manageable for the players who'd like something a bit more challenging.

And lose the mercy rule while you're at it....:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3

[SALVO]
Members
23,291 posts
23,927 battles
21 minutes ago, awiggin said:

This what happens during events, the game is over before you blink. It doesn't help that you have a mercy rule for the bots either.

So, why not offer an alternative co-op mode 8 on 12. I think a lot of regular co-op players would like something like this. You tried 8 on 16, and it was simply to many ships, but 8 on 12 I think would be manageable for the players who'd like something a bit more challenging.

It shouldn't be 8v12 or whatever.  It (perhaps) should be 8v8, plus 1 bot for every 2 live players on the player team.  The last thing coop needs is to have 8v12 where less than half the player team are actually live players.

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing 12v12 in coop.  And a longer timer to fill up the teams (8 or 12 ship teams).

• Cool 3

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
51 minutes ago, awiggin said:

100% support this, only thing I'd add is let the timer go to 60 seconds rather than 30.

[PVE]
Members
10,185 posts
18,718 battles

I am all for it OP as long as the 8 are humans. God forbid you wind up the only human on a team of 8 with 12 red bots facing you. Yeah no thanks LOL.

Some of us have discussed this over the past year or 2 and suggested it would work as long as the extra bots on the reds were based off how many humans were on the green. So something like...

• 5 or fewer humans on green = 8 for red
  • 6 or 7 humans on green team = 10 for red
  • 8 humans on green team = 12 for red

They could do the above and increase the queue timer as the spud man says to 60 sec.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
7,335 posts
5,314 battles
18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am all for it OP as long as the 8 are humans. God forbid you wind up the only human on a team of 8 with 12 red bots facing you. Yeah no thanks LOL.

Some of us have discussed this over the past year or 2 and suggested it would work as long as the extra bots on the reds were based off how many humans were on the green. So something like...

They could do the above and increase the queue timer as the spud man says to 60 sec.

If they did this, they would have to remove the mercy rule.

The only thing worse than having to full health ships remaining on a zero point wipeout would be having 6 XP piggybanks left on the board when the game ended.

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

Yanno, sometimes I wonder if "we" the (PVE advocates) are our own worse enemies.
We often complain that we're not included in events, and so WG has been slowly including us in more things.
Than along comes a new event, and the PVP mains invade our mode to quickly do some of the requirements, and what do we do, we do what what they do, we [edited] and complain because our mode is flooded with them.

We have games ending in 3-1/2 minutes sometimes, we have players that really don't have a good grasp of how our mode really plays out, it's not always "easy mode" as it's mostly thought of.
sure a lot of the time it really is easy mode, but you all know those games we get when the team melts away 3 minutes in, and you're like, crap, now I gotta really work this one out.

I'm happy we get included, but I just wish they made different requirements for the PVE players, I know it's really unlikely, it's a lot more programming etc.

I think what would be great is if they added a "hard" mode to PVE, it could be a combo of more bots, or smarter bots... just something that would be separated from the regular PVE matches.

Anyhoo... just rambling thoughts :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLF3]
Members
22,768 posts
20,689 battles
52 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I'm all for being the only player on a 8-ship team against 12 or more bots.  I'd be able to get in a lot of damage and ample rewards.  Not to mention all the other actions from a long game to boost those rewards even more.

At worst, I'd rather be in a high scoring lost Co-op game against 12-16 bots than a victory in a Co-op game but only score 200 or so BaseXPs because the game was over too quickly.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

At worst, I'd rather be in a high scoring lost Co-op game against 12-16 bots than a victory in a Co-op game but only score 200 or so BaseXPs because the game was over too quickly.

Yep.

14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'm all for being the only player on a 8-ship team against 12 or more bots.

That only works out well when the bots actually help out, many times they simply melt. 
And you need to be in a BB that can do a little tanking, a dd won't hold up well once you get focused, you simply don't have the fire power to get outta that one.

[PVE]
Members
1,174 posts
34,430 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

I wish I had the fast games most of you are talking about. 

Half of my games are over 7mins. 

I keep getting games were people want to hide or just want to sit back and watch.

With out getting a lot more payout COOP IS FINE THE WAY IT IS.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,297 posts
2 hours ago, SpudZero said:

100% support this, only thing I'd add is let the timer go to 60 seconds rather than 30.

I'd go 90 or 120, just to ensure a better gaming experience for all involved. And it needs to be it's own mode, trying to hybridize it into normal co-op just won't work.

Maybe it could scale during off hours, and just put up 50% more bots than available players. WG really needs to provide some options to keep this eclectic player base entertained , rather than trying to one size fits all approach.

Still don't know why they didn't experiment with this further last time...they just tossed out 8 on 16 and threw up their hands when it didn't work.

Edited by awiggin

[WOLF3]
Members
22,768 posts
20,689 battles
10 hours ago, cecill611 said:

I wish I had the fast games most of you are talking about. 

Half of my games are over 7mins. 

I keep getting games were people want to hide or just want to sit back and watch.

With out getting a lot more payout COOP IS FINE THE WAY IT IS.

Get in there and kill 'em, brother!

Most especially if you're playing a Destroyer.  They're one of the main reasons why games can be real short and some ships end up getting next to nothing.

Heck, there's a recent thread about how games are too short:

We're playing aggressively, about to line up an attack, and then the game stops and we get the victory music playing, reward screens coming up, and there are still high HP enemy ships left.

[PVE]
Members
1,174 posts
34,430 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Get in there and kill 'em, brother!

Most especially if you're playing a Destroyer.  They're one of the main reasons why games can be real short and some ships end up getting next to nothing.

Heck, there's a recent thread about how games are too short:

We're playing aggressively, about to line up an attack, and then the game stops and we get the victory music playing, reward screens coming up, and there are still high HP enemy ships left.

Any one can post 1 or 2 games that was under 5mins in a day just like I can post games over 8mins.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,768 posts
20,689 battles
18 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

Any one can post 1 or 2 games that was under 5mins in a day just like I can post games over 8mins.

LOL alright brother!  You keep doing what you're doing!

Just keep hanging in the back, less competition for us that way.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,174 posts
34,430 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL alright brother!  You keep doing what you're doing!

Just keep hanging in the back, less competition for us that way.

I don`t have so many good games in the New York because I hang back.

Most games I am in the top 3 so you don`t have a clue on how I play and what I am saying posting 1 game of low time means nothing.

First 10 games of the day tier 5 and tier 6 ships.

5:50-8:21-4:32-6:35-4:29-4:50-9:20-7:12-6:34-5:17

So post your first 10 games of a day in coop and lets see how many games are below 4mins.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,768 posts
20,689 battles
1 hour ago, cecill611 said:

I don`t have so many good games in the New York because I hang back.

Most games I am in the top 3 so you don`t have a clue on how I play and what I am saying posting 1 game of low time means nothing.

First 10 games of the day tier 5 and tier 6 ships.

5:50-8:21-4:32-6:35-4:29-4:50-9:20-7:12-6:34-5:17

So post your first 10 games of a day in coop and lets see how many games are below 4mins.

The running joke is 3-5 minute games, son.  And looks like a bunch of yours already fit that bill.

[PVE]
Members
1,174 posts
34,430 battles
28 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The running joke is 3-5 minute games, son.  And looks like a bunch of yours already fit that bill.

Wrong his 1 post is only 3:57 and only 3 of my games were under 5mins. out of 10.

WG just needs to post what the avg. time for coop games.

Next 7 games.

5:28-5:16-9:04-5:09-10:26-5:22-6-35

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
11,639 battles

The reason games are lasting longer is that carriers have returned. In a no CV standard battle, the bots charge, and you kill them all in five minutes. With a CV, once you have killed seven enemy bots, you now have to either cap, find and kill the CV, or run out the 20 minute clock. On a high tier large map, it can take time to get all the way across the map.

[PVE]
Members
1,174 posts
34,430 battles
20 hours ago, cecill611 said:

1358824154_Screenshot(997).png.5fd8449d3fb7312a1c3db6d950dd126a.png1929553195_Screenshot(996).png.f93dc5ba8d3ec40e4c2a3dcaec91a531.png1974601282_Screenshot(995).png.e307f83ec46cf54eff324a533e166cad.png

Coop games are taking to long to play now please fix this WG.

Unless you look at 100 games in a row or more and do the avg. time you can make it look like you want.

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
11,639 battles
22 hours ago, SpudZero said:

Yanno, sometimes I wonder if "we" the (PVE advocates) are our own worse enemies.
We often complain that we're not included in events, and so WG has been slowly including us in more things.
Than along comes a new event, and the PVP mains invade our mode to quickly do some of the requirements, and what do we do, we do what what they do, we [edited] and complain because our mode is flooded with them.

We have games ending in 3-1/2 minutes sometimes, we have players that really don't have a good grasp of how our mode really plays out, it's not always "easy mode" as it's mostly thought of.
sure a lot of the time it really is easy mode, but you all know those games we get when the team melts away 3 minutes in, and you're like, crap, now I gotta really work this one out.

I'm happy we get included, but I just wish they made different requirements for the PVE players, I know it's really unlikely, it's a lot more programming etc.

I think what would be great is if they added a "hard" mode to PVE, it could be a combo of more bots, or smarter bots... just something that would be separated from the regular PVE matches.

Anyhoo... just rambling thoughts :Smile_veryhappy:

I'm curious, how should Coop "really play out" such that Random players that win in 3 1/2 minutes don't grasp? 

[_EASY]
Members
265 posts
10,576 battles

Mine average 6 - 8 minutes. 

Of course I also have the 3 minute egg games, as well as the occasional full 20 minute chase the CV all over damn the map battles.

Still plays faster than randoms...

Edited by MWSVette1
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
23,291 posts
23,927 battles
On 8/14/2019 at 4:04 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Thunder, this is why I suggest adding 1 bot ship to the red team for every 2 live players on the green team.  I think that it's a more balanced way to do it.

And yes, increasing the queue timer to 60 seconds is also something I fully support.

And honestly, I wish that the bots were a little smarter, because right now, they're dumb as a dozen bags of rocks.  And it gets boring fighting against bots whose only course of action is to charge straight at the nearest green ship.  

[SALVO]
Members
23,291 posts
23,927 battles
On 8/14/2019 at 4:24 PM, DrHolmes52 said:

If they did this, they would have to remove the mercy rule.

The only thing worse than having to full health ships remaining on a zero point wipeout would be having 6 XP piggybanks left on the board when the game ended.

They'd certainly have to look at the balance of the starting amount of points per team, since if it remained the same and having all those extra ships on the bot team, it'd be very easy to invoke the mercy rule with a LOT of enemy ships still remaining.  Certainly, a lot more than is currently the norm.

Members
753 posts
3,769 battles
On 8/15/2019 at 5:01 AM, awiggin said:

You tried 8 on 16, and it was simply to many ships, but 8 on 12 I think would be manageable for the players who'd like something a bit more challenging.

That was the Assault mode yeah? I'd forgotten about that,wasn't it supposed to be taken away for rework then brought back?

Sign in to follow this