TheURLGuy

French Destroyers: Part 2

39 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,787 posts
4,594 battles

Tokens will buy Doubloons, eh?  That's interesting.

[KILL]
Members
77 posts
23,836 battles

An extremely important piece of info for me is the way the Premium Ships will be compensated. 

Doubs or credits?

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,120 battles
2 hours ago, gregoire_bo said:

An extremely important piece of info for me is the way the Premium Ships will be compensated. 

Doubs or credits?

Hey gregoire_bo,

If you are referring to the premium ships you can receive from the containers, this will be credits.

Combat missions

• The mission for any particular ship can be received only once.
  • The chances of getting a combat mission from a Legion of Honor Premium container are higher than for a standard container.
  • To complete the mission, you must earn 5,000 base XP with a Tier V–X ship in Operations, Random, Ranked, or Co-op Battles.
  • Combat missions can be completed until October 31.
  • All ships come with a Port slot and Commander with 3 skill points.
  • If you receive a mission for a ship that you already have in your Port, you'll get a Commander, port slot, and compensation for the ship in credits for completing the mission.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
360 posts
12,609 battles

Putting the unique captain behind a grind wall! Gee thanks for nothing WG. Maybe I should quit my J O B and just become a professional gamer. 

• Cool 5

[GROVR]
Members
114 posts
7,030 battles

gee....more containers that have missions that i never get. O.o

pass. sorry, but when you have a .0000001 % chance of getting a mission, any sane person would say it is garbage. O.o

• Cool 5

[TNG-2]
Members
65 posts
9,380 battles

Eh.… this is a worse grind than the soviet commander… and so much appears to be locked behind RNG...

Edited by CaptainWater_D

[STAR]
Members
30 posts
11,806 battles

More grind? I hated the way you guys did with the Kuznetsov and now it's even worse.

You guys have the perfect tool for those things and keep doing those stupid things? Just make a Campaign like you guys did for the Halsey and Yamamoto, those things should be permanent in the game not limited into grind/paywall.

• Cool 2

[KILL]
Members
77 posts
23,836 battles
2 hours ago, Kami said:

Hey gregoire_bo,

If you are referring to the premium ships you can receive from the containers, this will be credits.

Combat missions

• The mission for any particular ship can be received only once.
  • The chances of getting a combat mission from a Legion of Honor Premium container are higher than for a standard container.
  • To complete the mission, you must earn 5,000 base XP with a Tier V–X ship in Operations, Random, Ranked, or Co-op Battles.
  • Combat missions can be completed until October 31.
  • All ships come with a Port slot and Commander with 3 skill points.
  • If you receive a mission for a ship that you already have in your Port, you'll get a Commander, port slot, and compensation for the ship in credits for completing the mission.

Thanks @Kami, somehow missed this as I was reading.

Nice job on filling the gaps and addressing even the stupidest of the questions...

Much obliged commander

Members
60 posts

gave up on ranked battles last year, and i won't join a clan they are full of drunks and politics these day's and now i quit random battles and moved to co op i have gotten tired of watching my team melt away and cause my average to fall, but what is really driving me up the wall is earned credits and exp , why are they so low in co op?  the last missions i started were to grind 3000000 credits per nation and unless i lives at my pc or paid for a prem account than how are you supposed to earn 3000000 credits in co op ?

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,604 posts
10,850 battles

@Kami

Okay, seeing what "part two" of this event is - I have to be blunter and more brutally honest then I have been of late on this subject - but this even has been absolute garbage. This is literally the worst event your team has ever divised and that is saying something. I'd actually argue they've done a better job of the CV rework then this event and if you've read any post I make on that subject you know how lowly I think of that. More importantly this is this pinnacle of something I started on you guys about late last year about events, awards, etc, I know I've made more recent posts on this where I've been blown off by some as the "everyone gets a trophy type" or "just another bum that doesn't want to work for it" but they can call me all the names they want at  this point because this has hit a point of being flat out WRONG.

1. The last what, 3 events awarded ships around tier 5-6? My issues with the Hill grind are actually worse done here. Because it is bad enough you are making players grind more XP than a tier 5 ship is worth - I know I did the math, but worse yet on this one you HAVE to use a tier 7 ship to get a tier 5 - if you don't have a tier 7+ ship your screwed. Or if you only play one nation, one type - your screwed. This is not how you encourage players to try new lines than what they may play, this is not how you build any sense of goodwill or positivity from the community, and something I'm sure accounting and the higher ups are more concerned with - not how you generate sales. If anything - it's how you lose sales.
  2. The structure - as it is, it's frustrating enough that the last directive is always roughly a week. But EVERY event recently your team is stacking the deck that some of the more difficult possibilities are in fact in the last directive or two that you have a week each to pull off, or more than a week in directive 3 at the cost of time in directive 4. 18 million credits across 6 nations is a bit ridiculous. That's enough that if I had the XP I could by an ALSACE - a TIER NINE(9) BATTLESHIP. To get a TIER FIVE(5) DESTROYER. If your going to put stupidly ridiculous challenges in these - put them early on so that it's easier to get past them if you don't have all the time in the world or other things.
  3. Uniquely stupid to this one - only the top 25% of players as long as they complete every mission in the directives will get a captain with enhanced and unique abilities - unless we throw money at you for premium containers. I damn well shouldn't have to explain why this is in no way good for the game or fair, let alone fun. You give top players a even better commander, other than the ones that throw money at you, which is just like when you had some of the best ships locked behind walls that just make them that much more powerful because only pro's really have them, and makes beating up on the rest of us even easier. Which obviously, adding to the powergap between players because one may have a commander only 1/4 of the players got at best who were the top, other than any that buy it, while the other has a standard commander, is not fun for the one that loses because he can never get that commander that added more fire chance or improved RoF. At least ones like Yammamoto you can still earn. To quote "Smokey and the Bandit" when it comes to this concept for getting a commander - "Do the letters 'FO' mean anything to you?" Not to mention the verging on Pay to Win.

The rest for the last couple events have been detailed in other threads pertaining to them, and I'm sorry if this comes off ruder or less constructive than usual - but I'm not happy. I was about to launch the game but I have lost all drive to reading this article and having to write this post because I'm not going to be silent. This nonsense is why I said almost a year ago I would not spend anymore on this game after years of keeping up premium time and buying ships. And if all this is because not enough people are spending - especially in the last 6 months - has no one on the actual business end maybe looked at the fact your community has a long list of grievances both with the game and the company that have caused more and more to go to free to play if they don't outright leave? I remember 4 and 5 years ago that they may have been tier 2 ships, but we were given ships just to sign in on Christmas - ones that pay off now when you do events like snowflakes and this for coal and all and more reason to keep them, other than I'm a collector type. We had events like the one for Kami R. Graf Spee, much as it was at the point things started taking a dive on these missions and rewards, we have Shinonome, even if the requirements are a tad extreme for a tier 6, it may have been a collab but you basically gave us anime Atago, I remember when the forum constantly had events and contests for ships, Hell you gave PvE and players that abandonded this game a Ceasre, a tier 6 French cruiser, 3 10 point captains and a bunch else, but overall other than that last one - things were fair, there was a legit chance or a case like Shino you can earn it at your leisure, when you get to that level. Sure, PEF, Sirroco, some of these have been brand new ships and at this point if you guys can't afford to give them away and have to try and drive people to pay money for whatever reason - then really just put it in the shop. Don't dangle it as something that only those with a ton of time, skill, or both are going to get. If this is going to be the case then just use clones as rewards so it's a low cost that you can give away without the ever increasing hoops adding things like fire, chainsaws, and spike pits as we jump through them.

As it stands I'm looking at these missions, changes to FXP ship costs and availability, etc - and I see two things that fall in with this stuff as well neither of them good. Either your grabbing for cash, or your balancing stuff against long time players, both of which are bull. Not everyone has insane amounts of FXP and if your looking at what people have on ships that's even more asinine because yeah, I have 1 million xp on Tirpitz but I don't have the money to convert it, and only have it because your company refuses to add something to put that xp to crew training in some way. And adding on that the gouge changing tier 9 ships to 1 mill is nonsense when the tech tree ships only take around 750k - the old price. Newer players aren't going to have tier 7 ships. Not everyone, even if they are long time players, has stacks and stacks of camo's and special flags to earn 10k+ free xp in a single match or in only 2-3. And understand you don't get much more long term than me - I've been playing regularly since Alpha testing, though more and more I've been forced to take breaks because of this kind of nonsense. I see a loop forming - that those with extra skill, time, or money get even better things, that help them beat up on the average, the limited time, or free to play players even more, making it they can easier get those same things again, and the cycle goes on. We shouldn't need more XP then a ships worth, there should be no assumptions that everyone will have or use flags for insane xp bonuses, missions, events, costs, none of it should be balanced around what long time players like me may have and no ship or captain should be locked this way behind skill and this kind of grind wall you use lately.

And the fact you are putting so much in - lets be clear on what they are here - loot boxes, to gain a commander that will give you an edge if you aren't in the top 25% has your company not read the terrain? Have they not seen countries attempt to outlaw this nonsense, not seen communities long time loyal to companies rise up and say "No More" and draw a line in the sand, and all the negative press and even hearings because of this stuff? Once major companies reduced to laughing stocks and the butt of jokes, worse yet now synonymous with corruption and greed? How long till this community draws a line in the sand? How far will your company push to see?

One of your CC's recently put up a video in which he said he couldn't understand why people actively wish for this game to fail, beyond the trolls, why some are still here if that's how they feel? It's things like this that make me want to see you fail - not on some game closing level, but on one that will force your company to finally stop what they are doing and listen to us, to stop bending us over with these missions, dangling an unobtainable carrot unless we fork over money or damn close to it. To stop some of the other nonsense they pull. Because right now - that's what it feels like it takes. Because of examples like CV's and how much AA ships have. Since Alpha testing, ALPHA TESTING, me and others have been saying that the gap between tiers for AA at least needed to be closed, let alone within the same tier. For YEARS me and other CV players, even non CV players, harped on you guys to change it, and did nothing. Instead of fixing that, one of the biggest issues in RTS CV's, your company wrote RTS off as a failure and did the ill advised rework that was shoved down our throats. And it has taken 6 months of further failure of this system to get any movement on a balance demand made by both sides for 5 freaking years. We told you more than 6 months ago that not only would the AA ring system not work but that we wanted our overlapping AA still. It took that absolutely failing for you guys to relent and bring back AA that overlaps and maybe has some personality if were giving weapons their own ranges again for the most part like the 40 mm bofors having 3.5 km while the 40 mm pom pom only has 2.5-3 km. I want this game to be great, but if it's going to take you failing to make the changes we want and you need to - so be it. 

• Cool 15

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
715 posts
3 hours ago, vurger said:

how are you supposed to earn 3000000 credits in co op ?

it's doable lol, but the free prem time and rental ships game throws at me does make it easier

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,120 battles
10 hours ago, gregoire_bo said:

Thanks @Kami, somehow missed this as I was reading.

Nice job on filling the gaps and addressing even the stupidest of the questions...

Much obliged commander

Hey gregoire_Bo,

Anytime =)! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 2

[SOFOP]
Members
1,642 posts
11,038 battles

Reduce the new captain to around 1300-1500 tokens, which allows people to get him without having to get top 25% in the Hall Of Fame.  This stuff has gotten worse and worse with each event - remember the good times when you could actually get MULTIPLE prizes during the course of an event, INCLUDING the main prize?  Now people won't even get the main prize without doing every single thing and even then, you are reliant on other people not beating you to it.

[TCAL]
Members
1,131 posts
11,646 battles

Another loser event - just like the current one.  I played every day and collected untold numbers of French containers and got just one early access ship, you guessed it, the Jaguar, useless for phase three to unlock the wall.  I won't even try to do anything with this new P.O.S.:Smile-angry:

[CRF]
Members
489 posts
6,795 battles
3 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

Another loser event - just like the current one.  I played every day and collected untold numbers of French containers and got just one early access ship, you guessed it, the Jaguar, useless for phase three to unlock the wall.  I won't even try to do anything with this new P.O.S.:Smile-angry:

At least you got one of the DD missions.  Not sure how many containers I have opened and no missions at all, and I was a fool and used doubloons for one Premium and 2 regular containers before I decided it wasn't worth it to me to spend the doubloons just to get a boat early.

It used to be I would go home every night and put 2 hours into the game, ignoring pretty much everything else that I needed to do around the house.  Now, I go home, maybe put in 3 battles in co-op or even just skip playing altogether, and then go read a book for those 2 hours.  This weekend, I will play a bit more because of the PTS, but no where near what I was putting in even three months ago.  I just don't feel the grinds are worth it, and if it takes me a year to get to Tier 10 in one of my lines, then so be it.  And after the mess with the CV reboot, I am very concerned as to how they will implement submarines into teh game - at least they are looking at a long term review and testing on those....

Don't get me wrong, I still have fun when I get in a game that clicks, and I still get frustrated when I fail in a game, but it doesn't hold me like it used to.  I also seem to enjoy watching streamers more at times than playing the game myself...

Edited by sonoasailor

[CVA16]
Members
4,197 posts
13,152 battles
3 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

Another loser event - just like the current one.  I played every day and collected untold numbers of French containers and got just one early access ship, you guessed it, the Jaguar, useless for phase three to unlock the wall.  I won't even try to do anything with this new P.O.S.

Guess I've been "lucky" as I have gotten the first 3, mainly in coop and scenarios (had late load problems and didn't want to gimp my random teams). Not a lot of tokens as I am not buying boxes.

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles
9 hours ago, Kami said:

Hey gregoire_Bo,

Anytime =)! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

A. Love how you swung on the softball and ignored the curves and fastballs. 

B. All, they won’t say it in so many words, but they want you to buy crates. That is why the good stuff is impossible to obtain if you try to follow the guidance and obtain them by playing. Does anyone NOT see this yet?

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
489 posts
6,795 battles
10 minutes ago, Thornir said:

A. Love how you swung on the softball and ignored the curves and fastballs. 

B. All, they won’t say it in so many words, but they want you to buy crates. That is why the good stuff is impossible to obtain if you try to follow the guidance and obtain them by playing. Does anyone NOT see this yet?

B is the bottom line I guess.  The company is in it to make money one way or another.  There are people who will spend the money to be the first or the best or whatever - no matter what game, there will always be that core that have no problem spending money.  However, that helps offset us that don't want to spend (too) much money on the game and helps keep the game afloat. Us cheapskates are just lucky that this is not one of those blatant P2W games...

Members
72 posts
4,717 battles
21 hours ago, vurger said:

gave up on ranked battles last year, and i won't join a clan they are full of drunks and politics these day's and now i quit random battles and moved to co op i have gotten tired of watching my team melt away and cause my average to fall, but what is really driving me up the wall is earned credits and exp , why are they so low in co op?  the last missions i started were to grind 3000000 credits per nation and unless i lives at my pc or paid for a prem account than how are you supposed to earn 3000000 credits in co op ?

Welcome to the coop only team! Now we just need them to add achievements into coop and allow the campaign missions in coop as well, instead of forcing you into randoms and putting you through that misery

Oh yeah and the exp/credits thing. I managed to do it, but it took over a week, hundreds of signals and taking advantage of every premium ship I had, which is not a small amount.

4 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

.To me the worst part was that the only way to obtain the tokens without having a lot of high tier ships was through the missions that required the new ships. Let's not even get into how some of the directives can only be completed on SOME of the new ships, so if you got one of the lower tier ones, you are screwed.

• Cool 1

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Gotta make a profit somehow...

1 hour ago, sonoasailor said:

B is the bottom line I guess.  The company is in it to make money one way or another.  There are people who will spend the money to be the first or the best or whatever - no matter what game, there will always be that core that have no problem spending money.  However, that helps offset us that don't want to spend (too) much money on the game and helps keep the game afloat. Us cheapskates are just lucky that this is not one of those blatant P2W games...

I get it. I understand. They ought to be making money by making the gameplay so awesome it becomes the new WoW - in terms of numbers.

Instead we get ...this.

[CRF]
Members
489 posts
6,795 battles
2 hours ago, Thornir said:

I get it. I understand. They ought to be making money by making the gameplay so awesome it becomes the new WoW - in terms of numbers.

Instead we get ...this.

so true...

[DPI]
Members
54 posts

Yep it's a F2P title and WG has to make money somehow... It's a Business after all. As long as I like to play a game and see myself continue playing I have no problem supporting that game by buying Premium stuff. Over the years I spent several hundred dollars on this game and didn't regret it since I only bought ships or premium time where i exactly knew what i was getting for my money.

This has changed with events like this and RNG loot boxes I feel more like WG is trying to trick me into spending more and more to get my desired Pixel Item. Sorry WG, not with me, I am the wrong customer for this sort of business plan. If I wan't to gamble i go to a casino or buy a lottery ticket!!!

Also with your recent track-record of poor decision making ( re-balancing, ignoring MM issues  and CV rework  ) I am just not sure when the frustration will overwhelm the fun i have in this game. So I stopped putting money in this game. I used too play WoWs  nonstop and now I have more and longer breaks.  You could say I lost trust and hope that WG can continue developing WoWs in a direction that I will still enjoy playing in a year. Still not feeling the CV rework as it still doesn't meet the goals you set for it yourself. Therefore I am not convinced you learned your lessons yet and have little hope for the now announced implementation of Submarines...

But hey, that's just my humble opinion and since according to your spreadsheets the majority of the other players enjoy playing WoWs, I guess you can just carry on. 

• Cool 2