PTW_Jamco34

Respec Commanders free during clan battles

11 comments in this topic

[OGRES]
Members
12 posts
2,575 battles

I logged into WoWs this morning and decided I wanted to finally play my Hood after months of it sitting and doing nothing. I've play some clan battles this season and I've been able to respec most of my captains for free. However, this morning I went to respec my Hood captain, and it's saying i either have to pay gold or commander xp to respec him. Please tell me I'm not the only one this is happening to?

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

There have been free re-spec's in the past, but nothing of that nature right now. 
So yes, you have to pay to re-spec a commander.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,897 posts
3,940 battles

Free respecs for clan battles ended this morning. 

• Cool 1

[OGRES]
Members
12 posts
2,575 battles

i just came back to this game after a big break about a week ago, so I didnt know there was an end date tot he free respecs. i thought it would end with the end of clan battles

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,209 battles

@PTW_Jamco34 Though I am not positive about this. The free captain respecs take place after a clan battle season ends so players can reset captains to the setting they had before the clan battle session since I would imagine they used doubloons to make a clan battle set up.

It makes no sense to me since I would think that a captain skills set up that works well for clan battles would be just as good for any other battle mode. So once set there is no need to spend 450 doubloons to change it and no reason to have a free respec for anything other than a significant change in the skills tree such as the CV rework change.

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
11,639 battles
11 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@PTW_Jamco34 Though I am not positive about this. The free captain respecs take place after a clan battle season ends so players can reset captains to the setting they had before the clan battle session since I would imagine they used doubloons to make a clan battle set up.

It makes no sense to me since I would think that a captain skills set up that works well for clan battles would be just as good for any other battle mode. So once set there is no need to spend 450 doubloons to change it and no reason to have a free respec for anything other than a significant change in the skills tree such as the CV rework change.

Up until now, Clan Battles hasn't had CVs, so you get maximum effectiveness removing any AA commander skills when playing Clan Battles.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,209 battles

@DustRhino then it would make sense to have two 19 pt captains with a ships specialization one speced for CB and the other for any other mode.

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
11,639 battles
19 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@DustRhino then it would make sense to have two 19 pt captains with a ships specialization one speced for CB and the other for any other mode.

If you happen to have a bunch of extra 19 point commanders hanging around. For those that don't, this is a nice offer from Wargaming.