You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

I feel people will be quoting this video a lot in the future

83 comments in this topic

Members
1,691 posts
8,497 battles

And I thought [edited]'s Reddit was bad when they announced they are removing Maus. Anyway, back to being dead.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts

the sub seeds were planted long ago and some even said they would never grow but they finally seem to be sprouting :Smile_Default:

[NUWES]
Members
2,682 posts
8,621 battles

Didn't they say something about no Russian BBs a while back as well? I don't see why people are stuck on what they said some time back. Now that they are running out of traditional ship lines they have to come up with something else to keep the game viable and make new content. Good news is they will be in their own game mode. I wouldn't mind including them in the main game, but I don't think that is workable. I suspect it would be cost-prohibitive since nothing in the main game is designed to deal with submarines, including the maps. 

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

The Chieftain is probably still right...

Although subs might be in the game as a temporary side mode or mini-game like WoTs KARL, we will probably never see subs used in a balanced fashion in randoms or even clan battles. He's right... there's just no way to realistically implement subs except versus bots.

People can't handle CV's... or "invisible DD's!" without blowing a gasket . Imagine the outrage over subs in matchmaking?

No doubt people will trip out and say "it can be done", they'll flame and leave bored faces then fight endlessly over it... but it just isn't happening in they way they want.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,406 posts
17,529 battles

Found this posted from Gamescon

https://screenrant.com/world-of-warships-submarines-confirmed/

Breaking: Developer and publisher Wargaming just confirmed they're adding submarines as playable vessels in their mega popular MMO World of Warships and in just a few weeks players can get their first hands-on with the new class of ship.

The World of Warships Supertest program will launch in a few weeks to let players test and provide feedback on the most-requested addition to World of Warships since the game debuted in 2015.

[SYN]
Members
5,466 posts
12,704 battles

If the ongoing balancing f_ckup that is WoWS CVs is any indication, the inclusion of submarines should go swimmingly.

Can't wait to see this...

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
22,781 posts
20,710 battles
26 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

And I thought [edited]'s Reddit was bad when they announced they are removing Maus. Anyway, back to being dead.

I will also be using this a lot in the forums.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,237 posts
9,171 battles

people have been quoting that video since Alpha test days on this forum, just run a quick forum search/

Which makes the salty frustration of all the sub haters, who felt sure in the knowledge, for many years, that they represented the official WOWS position while they spammed anti sub memes, with total impunity on this forum, all the more delicious. Raining salt, can't wait!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,105 posts

Everything Chieftain said in that video is still true.

WG has just chosen to ignore it because a quick buck is more important to them than the viability and quality of their product.

• Cool 8

Members
1,691 posts
8,497 battles
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Which makes the salty frustration of all the sub haters, who felt sure in the knowledge, for many years, that they represented the official WOWS position while they spammed anti sub memes, with total impunity on this forum, all the more delicious. Raining salt, can't wait!

I have to say looking at this community as an external observer is pretty fun.

• Boring 1

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,165 posts
24,340 battles

Submarine games have been popular since the very hot 1980's arcade game "Seawolf" and "Seawolf II".   Look at the online market for sub games....pretty hot right now.   it makes sense that WoWs would start dipping their toes into this market.   It is about making money and keeping the game moving forward.   Chieftain may have said no subs because at the time it made sense to not add subs.  But times change.   Market changes.  You either become competitive in a very competitive market or you lose and lose big.

Nobody can predict what will happen with subs here until they are tested and evaluated....PERIOD!  

I for one, will hold off on my opinion on subs until I have extensively tested them.  I am however, glad they are at least trying subs.

Edited by BaronVonTom
  • Cool 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
952 posts
12,610 battles

My MAIN question is:  Will I be able to use them in Operations?  Aegis could be a good "test".  Other than that, Operations built with submarines in mind will hopefully show up. :Smile_great:

[WOLF3]
Members
22,781 posts
20,710 battles
6 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I have to say looking at this community as an external observer is pretty fun.

The WoWs community is like this every day.

Image result for nothing to see here gif

The only thing that changes is what the subject of drama is.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
7,350 posts
5,326 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The WoWs community is like this every day.

Image result for nothing to see here gif

The only thing that changes is what the subject of drama is.

WOWs "community" is like an Irish wedding.  People there don't really get along, and the police are usually called.

(I am Irish by the way).

• Funny 4
  • Confused 1

[SYN]
Members
5,466 posts
12,704 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Everything Chieftain said in that video is still true.

WG has just chosen to ignore it because a quick buck is more important to them than the viability and quality of their product.

That, and rectifying a stagnant, or even slightly decreasing population, depending on how you look at it.

After all, why feel the need to hide the server count behind the Esc key as part of an update?

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,022 posts
8,129 battles
43 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

dead

you should note, that subs are not being introduced to coop or random yet. It looks like they will have their own branch of scenarios until the interactive game play is hammered out. 

[WOLF3]
Members
22,781 posts
20,710 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

WOWs "community" is like an Irish wedding.  People there don't really get along, and the police are usually called.

(I am Irish by the way).

We got a traditionally good rotation of "Hot Topics"

Torpedoes.

HE & Fires.

CVs (everybody loves this).

Radar.

BB Dispersion (i.e. "WG nurfed muh Missouri dispersion!" drama we had a while back, and similar posts pop up here and there but nowhere near like that dumb Missouri moment by the player base).

Toss in temporary subjects like the introduction of FR DDs and RU BBs.

We can toss in Submarines now, FOR GOOD! :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,105 posts
1 minute ago, skillztowin said:

you should note, that subs are not being introduced to coop or random yet. It looks like they will have their own branch of scenarios until the interactive game play is hammered out. 

As long as they stay in their own mode, I don't care, I'll just ignore them.

They cannot be "hammered out" for interactive gameplay in the existing modes, and trying to cram them in will kill WOWS.

• Cool 2