You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

A Gentle Reminder From Your Neighborhood CV

36 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
2,826 posts
21 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I can't "Provide AA Fire Support!" for the entire damn team!

A.jpg.11c223a7888316973ee30d7cf7f68e7b.jpg

That's some funny stuff. 

[TRU]
Members
285 posts
12,110 battles

Another very good case that players should try all classes.  I am not saying we make it mandatory of course, but it would at least lessen some of that in game.  I enjoyed the red response lol.  

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,127 posts
4 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

The hilarious part is that people who don't play CV's think the fighter consumables can actually do anything to save them ... lol :)

The Midway's fighters are not too terribly bad but I have yet to down a single plane with the fighters of the Furious -- they are worthless.

[NGAGE]
Members
174 posts
8,555 battles
34 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I can't "Provide AA Fire Support!" for the entire damn team!

A.jpg.11c223a7888316973ee30d7cf7f68e7b.jpg

However, you are the CV player in that match, therefore, all poor performance by the other 11 players is in fact your responsibility entirely...

• Funny 4

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
Just now, Snargfargle said:

The Midway's fighters are not too terribly bad but I have yet to down a single plane with the fighters of the Furious -- they are worthless.

Oh the fighters work themselves... barely. The consumable as a whole just doesn't work in premise. As in... all they accomplish is an "area of denial".

They take upwards 10 seconds to latch onto anything so they're near useless as a means of impromptu defense. Which is what everybody screams for when they want AA support.

I've literally boosted right through fighters dropped on my squadron and I laugh at enemy CV players who waste them trying to intercept me...

Members
1,413 posts
8,824 battles

You can protect your teammates from frustrating airstrikes by not playing a CV.  Then you won't be prompting the matchmaker to bring in an enemy CV that you can't really do anything about.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,865 posts
13,960 battles

Silly players will think i will going lose my time flying to they out position to give him one fighter how is going last less them 30 seconds.

Sorry i'm too busy farming dmg, complain with wg how put that ridiculous gameplay.

• Cool 3

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,894 posts
8,457 battles

Silly surface ships made the mistake of not playing a superior ship class. They deserve to be farmed for their ignorance. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CAST]
Members
4,793 posts
3,345 battles

Fighter consumable rarely protects on the first attack run ... but is pretty much guaranteed to shred much of the remaining squadron, depending on the number of fighters dropped. Enterprise especially has a nasty fighter consumable that drops 10 fighters which can shred even the largest squadrons.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,865 posts
13,960 battles
33 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Silly surface ships made the mistake of not playing a superior ship class. They deserve to be farmed for their ignorance. 

Comme and join the overlords to farm the not superior ship class!

i'm talking about play with dakka dakka ships, cvs s*cks atm

[WNNR]
Members
242 posts
5,808 battles
1 hour ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

The hilarious part is that people who don't play CV's think the fighter consumables can actually do anything to save them ... lol :)

I actually feel better watching the fighters uselessly circle me while I get dropped and they do nothing.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,986 posts
16,557 battles

Fighters just increase the cost of a drop in lost planes. Sometimes that's a deterrent, sometimes it's not.

The best actual defenses against a CV are:

• Don't be seen
  • Don't be stationary
  • Be in a group
  • Angle to the planes (turn in toward TBs, etc.)
  • RNG

Nowhere on that list is "beg friendly CV for fighters that last 45 seconds".

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 2

[KSE]
Privateers
318 posts
11,204 battles
1 hour ago, Melskiloco said:

However, you are the CV player in that match, therefore, all poor performance by the other 11 players is in fact your responsibility entirely...

#alwayscvsfault

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,865 posts
13,960 battles
27 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Fighters just increase the cost of a drop in lost planes. Sometimes that's a deterrent, sometimes it's not.

The best actual defenses against a CV are:

• Don't be seen
  • Don't be stationary
  • Be in a group
  • Angle to the planes (turn in toward TBs, etc.)
  • RNG 

Nowhere on that list is "beg friendly CV for fighters that last 45 seconds".

You miss:

Dont ask for a fighter if you are close (6- km) to enemy, thats useless  the fighters will melt before do anything.

[TBW]
Members
8,865 posts
15,790 battles

Requesting support isn't a bad thing at all, it's what you do if you don't get it that matters and determines the kind of person you are.

[NGAGE]
Members
174 posts
8,555 battles
15 minutes ago, TheBigM145 said:

#alwayscvsfault

Precisely! 

I did forget to mention the obvious however....

1 hour ago, Melskiloco said:

This above Quote of mine should have read as follows:

However, you are the CV player in that match, therefore, all poor performance by the other TWENTY-THREE players is in fact your responsibility, BUT can be a SHARED responsibility with all players to have ever played a CV, and is not restricted to this one match instance or any time frame.

• Funny 1

[OO7]
Members
225 posts
23,532 battles

Really need to make the fighter consumable separate from the attack squad. I'd hope people can walk and talk at the same time. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,490 posts
12,942 battles
2 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Actually it can but it requires the CV player to have their planes very close to where the attack is going and dropping them in time to kill the attacking planes.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,865 posts
13,960 battles

Plp that deserve fighters:

- DD on caps

- For spot some good enemy dd player.

People that not deserve fighters:

- DDs trying snipe with torps

- CLs sitting behind islands

- BBs.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
900 posts
7 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

Really need to make the fighter consumable separate from the attack squad. I'd hope people can walk and talk at the same time. 

WG clearly believes CV players are incapable of doing two things at once or CV players could sensibly be allowed to control their planes and boats at the same time.

Edited by C14Alpha

Members
162 posts
2,642 battles

Don't you guys know? CV is supposed to be spotter plane and fighter consumable for the rest of the ships, get serious already.