Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DuckyShot

Will anti-submarine functions be done automatically by the game?

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7,130
Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles

WG in their infinite wisdom about their game's player base and our lack of multitasking skills gave us carriers with auto triggered consumables. They didn't think their player base is smart enough to be able to run 2 entities in this game. Same reason the gave us the auto-beach/reverse autopilot that they did for CV's. Why should the player be tasked with beaching their carrier when the game can just do it for them?

So obviously the player base won't be skilled enough to fight 2 different types of ships, those above the sea and those below the sea, when the ones below the sea will obviously need different weapons and consumables. So will WG make it so that we players don't have to worry about tasking our brains unnecessarily and have it done automatically for us? I look forward to not having to play against the submarines if this is the case.

Also can't wait to be able to purchase lootboxes with a chance of unlocking a "100k base xp in 2 days" mission for them when they arrive.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we? In the meantime, please try to keep your posts on the sane side of libel so the moderators don't have to delete them completely in order to save your neck.

  • Confused 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,130
Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we? In the meantime, please try to keep your posts on the sane side of libel so the moderators don't have to delete them completely in order to save your neck.

Wait and see attitude would have seen NTC getting rammed down our throats with overbuffed ships. Oh nm.... It still is

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,554
[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,366 battles

If Subs have 25km torps that go 75kts and only hit CV's, wargaming  will have finally balanced them!

Edit: And they spawn on they enemy side of the map!

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

Stolen from reddit

Early access one must unlock simoleons by playing ships in port. Once you acquire 300 you will be allowed to purchase crates which will give you the chance to buy premium crates which will give you more simoleons to unlock bundles which will give you a chance to unlock titanium currency which buys crates with a chance to unlock early access missions to get access to subs. Mission will be in four stages and require a premium ship to acquire purple xp. Purple xp boosting flags will be available in the premium shop. Good luck captains.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,274
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,138 posts
4,090 battles
26 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Edit: And they spawn on they enemy side of the map!

I could support this

Ducky, I agree. WG insulted our intelligence enough with automatic CV defenses. Doing it for ASW would be too much, on top of the fact that everyone has so much fun defending against planes with the automatic system:Smile_facepalm:

Manual ASW or riot I say

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
210 posts
1,279 battles

WG will find the way to implement b.s. magic ancient-alienish aura of dps for subs like they did for planes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,310
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles

@Ducky_shot We have keys 1, 2 and 3 to choose ammo type or torps. For torps 3 pressed twice to change wide to narrow spread, a third press back to narrow. For CVs 1, 2 and 3 pressed once to select a plane type and twice to launch them.

For ASW they could use 4 to select roll off depth charges set to detonate after 10 seconds, pressed twice to detonate after 20 seconds and a third time for 30 seconds. Set depth in meters could be used instead of seconds. Press 5 to select simultaneous side launched DCs and their detonation timer. Press 6 for simultaneous side launched hedge hog DCs. I believe they detonated only on contact with the target. Then 7 for simultaneous forward and side launched Squids. They were several charges connected by a webbing or tethers. They would drape over the target then detonate on contact simultaneously.

Just as with torps the player must choose to fire guns or use torps and in this case an ASW weapon.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,578
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,533 posts
34 minutes ago, Gh0st_In_The_Machine said:

Stolen from reddit

Early access one must unlock simoleons by playing ships in port. Once you acquire 300 you will be allowed to purchase crates which will give you the chance to buy premium crates which will give you more simoleons to unlock bundles which will give you a chance to unlock titanium currency which buys crates with a chance to unlock early access missions to get access to subs. Mission will be in four stages and require a premium ship to acquire purple xp. Purple xp boosting flags will be available in the premium shop. Good luck captains.

News update: FLASH! Campaign for submarines is now available in the premium shop! $404 for each of four stages, spread out over four thirty day windows. Enjoy subs commander! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,578
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,533 posts
11 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I could support this

Ducky, I agree. WG insulted our intelligence enough with automatic CV defenses. Doing it for ASW would be too much, on top of the fact that everyone has so much fun defending against planes with the automatic system:Smile_facepalm:

Manual ASW or riot I say

 

Of course if we DO spawn on enemy side that would pressurize the steam kettle of campers. Yay! :cap_like:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,483
[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,381 posts
20,058 battles

Well I would have been happier with random meteors falling from the sky spotting on their way down and hit random players from time to time then this cv rework 

 So I'm super pumped for what they give us next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,483
[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,381 posts
20,058 battles

I think the thing I'm most worried about is when they drop these they're gonna have to rework everything to fit them in and specifically destroyers so I worry that wg can [edited]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
399 posts
10,624 battles
1 hour ago, Gh0st_In_The_Machine said:

Stolen from reddit

Early access one must unlock simoleons by playing ships in port. Once you acquire 300 you will be allowed to purchase crates which will give you the chance to buy premium crates which will give you more simoleons to unlock bundles which will give you a chance to unlock titanium currency which buys crates with a chance to unlock early access missions to get access to subs. Mission will be in four stages and require a premium ship to acquire purple xp. Purple xp boosting flags will be available in the premium shop. Good luck captains.

don't give them ideas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,896
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,612 posts
14,667 battles

It's not that I'm against subs, and it's not that I don't think they can be implemented well, I just don't trust WG to do it well. Whether through sheer incompetence or intentional malice, they don't have a good track record between CV rework and general game balance, and I fear that won't change with the subs. They have also had negative good will in my book with respect to this game for a long time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,483
[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,381 posts
20,058 battles
9 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm so looking forward to the destroyer rework that submarines will require...

...the salt is going to be monumental.

 Unfortunately I think you're right

 And WG's track record will confirm it

Edited by silverdahc
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

for immersion and player dynamics think will have to aim the depth charges, but they could probably get away with need to set explosion depth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts

It should be an Extra type of shell.  HE, AP and depth charge.  Most of the DDs and some of the crusiers have depth charges equiped in them.  Hydroacustic search will be a viable option with the capability of detecting submerged ships in a local area. Unless it's silent running . And then it would be invisible to hydro. But as with anything if it so much as fires or tries to move . It will be detected. This is all just hypothetical. WG will more than likely do their Auto launch and dumb it down for people.

We shall see.

Cheers o>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,310
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Ducky_shot We have keys 1, 2 and 3 to choose ammo type or torps. For torps 3 pressed twice to change wide to narrow spread, a third press back to narrow. For CVs 1, 2 and 3 pressed once to select a plane type and twice to launch them.

For ASW they could use 4 to select roll off depth charges set to detonate after 10 seconds, pressed twice to detonate after 20 seconds and a third time for 30 seconds. Set depth in meters could be used instead of seconds. Press 5 to select simultaneous side launched DCs and their detonation timer. Press 6 for simultaneous side launched hedge hog DCs. I believe they detonated only on contact with the target. Then 7 for simultaneous forward and side launched Squids. They were several charges connected by a webbing or tethers. They would drape over the target then detonate on contact simultaneously.

Just as with torps the player must choose to fire guns or use torps and in this case an ASW weapon.   

@Versili Like this? ^^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

WG in their infinite wisdom about their game's player base and our lack of multitasking skills gave us carriers with auto triggered consumables. They didn't think their player base is smart enough to be able to run 2 entities in this game. Same reason the gave us the auto-beach/reverse autopilot that they did for CV's. Why should the player be tasked with beaching their carrier when the game can just do it for them?

So obviously the player base won't be skilled enough to fight 2 different types of ships, those above the sea and those below the sea, when the ones below the sea will obviously need different weapons and consumables. So will WG make it so that we players don't have to worry about tasking our brains unnecessarily and have it done automatically for us? I look forward to not having to play against the submarines if this is the case.

Also can't wait to be able to purchase lootboxes with a chance of unlocking a "100k base xp in 2 days" mission for them when they arrive.

use the search function, 

 this Q&A thread contains everything we know so far, or that can be revealed. It may not contain the answers you seek, but if they are not there, they won't be anywhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,715
[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

We had a pretty much full idea of where they were going with the NTC, which is why people blew up and got it reworked before it launched.  We know very little about subs, aside from what was done in that special event (I can't fathom that's the game play they will choose but hey).

We should at least wait till a sub is back in the game and someone has some idea whats going on, before we start sharpening pitchforks.

That said, this does seem like a really bad idea.  Subs changed naval warfare just like CVs did.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×