You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Why such low rewards for mid tier? Should get more XP on small games

12 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
785 posts
2,779 battles

Gave up trying to find a tier 8+ game with only 2600 people on it was taking to long so I decided to dust off the tier 4  Isokaze. Only took 3 minutes to find a game (a small game, as always this time of night, 8v8). Anyway we won quite convincingly but I was a bit disappointing to see the final scores 589 points for surviving, 1 kill, 3 torp hits, 30 shell hits, devastating strike and capping the enemy flag. Not a impressive game but it was a quick game and the enemy team didn't put up much of a fight.  Also some spotting and AA points were accumulated. That's a score I'd get in a tier 8 game if I was eliminated in the first 4m without firing a shot and my team is murdered... Surely the mid tier stuff can have more incentive to play? It was the only game I could find as well.... :(

Also be better if a small XP booster applied for undersized server games. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,067 posts
23,845 battles

Tier IV is low tier and the rewards are appropriately low, there's not a lot of HP out there.  You want better rewards, move up to Tier V or higher.  VI was a traditional, popular one, but VII does the job as well.  VIII on, the costs get higher and higher but you can get some very nice payouts with all those high HP ships out there to farm off of.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
2 posts
1,737 battles

While tier 3 and 4 are low, they are funny to play. However, lack of rewards force us to focus on tier 5 and higher, so fine nice ships like (for example) Svietlana, Kuma or V-170 end up as port queens most of the time, as we don't have enough time to play them. In my opinion, dedicated missions / rewards must exist for these tiers. It's a simple, cheap way to satisfy many existing, veteran players. Much easier than developing new events with dedicated currencies and so on. Just my four cents...

[WOLF3]
Members
27,067 posts
23,845 battles
22 minutes ago, Hardy_Bombardier said:

While tier 3 and 4 are low, they are funny to play. However, lack of rewards force us to focus on tier 5 and higher, so fine nice ships like (for example) Svietlana, Kuma or V-170 end up as port queens most of the time, as we don't have enough time to play them. In my opinion, dedicated missions / rewards must exist for these tiers. It's a simple, cheap way to satisfy many existing, veteran players. Much easier than developing new events with dedicated currencies and so on. Just my four cents...

You can even see WG's official stance on it.  It's done via the many missions in the game, including events.  The minimum tier is Tier V.  Sometimes we get VII, especially VIII, but the minimum is almost always V.  WG doesn't want us to hang around too long in Low Tier.

I own III Konig Albert, IV Imperator Nikolai I, IV Clemson, 130mm-build III Bogatyr, III St Louis, III Dreadnought, and a host of other stuff there.  I never play them.  All the events, the regular mission in the game want Tier V or higher.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles

I agree with all of this.

I have alot of wonderful boat tier 3 and 4 I LOVE to play but cannot because of events and low reward

[WOLFG]
Members
29,058 posts
8,308 battles

They don't give bigger rewards, because if you blinked, you would miss playing those tiers when you were grinding them. They already reduced XP requirements to move through T3&4.

You play T3&4 for fun, not profit. If you need credits, you don't play T3&4 any more than you would play T9&10. (without permacamo)

[WOLFG]
Members
29,058 posts
8,308 battles
44 minutes ago, Hardy_Bombardier said:

However, lack of rewards force us to focus on tier 5 and higher, so fine nice ships like (for example) Svietlana, Kuma or V-170 end up as port queens most of the time, as we don't have enough time to play them. 

You have as much time as you wish to play them. If you feel you need to cash in on events at the expense of time to play fun ships, that's a choice you made.

[PT]
Members
785 posts
2,779 battles

I always find the most fun games are tier 4-6.

Tier 8+ people take it to seriously (especially if the team is losing). 

[--V--]
Members
1,419 posts
13,607 battles

Its also an incentive for you to spend MONEY!!!   Low tier = low rewards/low cost.  High tier = high rewards/high cost.   A lot of players have trouble breaking even at high tiers due to the high service costs.  This is intentional, it forces players to go to low/mid tiers to earn credits.   And since the rewards are so low at low/mid tiers, players are incentivized to buy flags, premium time or premium ships to improve rewards.  A lot of people will state its WGs strategy to ensure the low/mid tiers are populated, and I disagree.  WG is a business who will format/market the game in such a way to maximize the amount of money they can earn.  Pure and simple.

[PT]
Members
785 posts
2,779 battles

I still think mid tier should get more XP. 2 games, the one in Fletcher was utterly awful (worst game I've ever had), detected by the CV in the first 2m then smoked by a long range barrage before I could smoke or get away... Still scored a lot more XP than a game in my Isokaze where I did considerably more damage.. Makes zero sense.

shot-19.08.16_11.18.02-0262.jpg

shot-19.08.16_12.39.45-0456.jpg

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts
16 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

I still think mid tier should get more XP. 2 games, the one in Fletcher was utterly awful (worst game I've ever had), detected by the CV in the first 2m then smoked by a long range barrage before I could smoke or get away... Still scored a lot more XP than a game in my Isokaze where I did considerably more damage.. Makes zero sense.

shot-19.08.16_11.18.02-0262.jpg

shot-19.08.16_12.39.45-0456.jpg

No one can argue with that example. Pretty much made the point.

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,514 posts
6,471 battles

It's a annoying true. But since the higher you go to buy ships and earn XP for higher captain skills I see their balance point. But since I play mid/lower tiers it is not fun, particularly when they come out with a grindy mission that makes participating a waste of time.