You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

confused about " Pay for " Commanders.

12 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts

SO I have all the XP I need for the Gearing...  Figured WTH....  SO I see a Commander  called Dr. Ecraseur for 4M Credits  Says hes a 10pt with a specialty for the Gearing and 10pnts.  Now,  I have seen tons of people complaining that there really isn't anything special about these Capts except the art work ( that I could do without ) .

1) Is this true?

2) If not , what exactly are their specializations?

Thanx for any input.

Col Out

[TF-64]
Members
540 posts
19,045 battles

They are just 10 pt captains. I got one for the daring for this reason. I just will ignore the picture and just be glad I get to start with a ready to go 10 pt'r

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,674 posts
7,474 battles

They're a fast track to getting Concealment Expert, pretty much, if you're hardup for captains who have at least 10pts on them. They don't have any special skills like some of the Coal/Doubloon/etc captains do.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

silver 10pt no skills

dubs 10pt some have skills some don't

coal 10pt have skills

cash 15pt have skills

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,034 posts
13,304 battles
16 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

1) Is this true?

2) If not , what exactly are their specializations?

Thanx for any input.

Col Out

1) Yes

2) Every captain you have in the game is “specialized” to a ship. Look at any captain in the reserve. His specialization is stated. That is the specialization they are talking about. The one you mention is specialized for the Gearing. So if you buy him and drop him into the Gearing, he is good to go without retraining. If you put him in any other ship, he will need retraining, the same as if he were specialized for the Erie.

So the specialization just means the captain is ready to go into one specific ship without retraining. No special skills are provided or implied.

• Cool 3

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,578 posts
15,683 battles

Yeah, just gives you a leg up on your first 4 point Captain skill. Better than starting with three or none. I have two of the Dr. Ecraseur. One I bought with silver exchange credits and one came with my Benham.

Actually WoW has helped the community with these, when I started there wasn't any 10 point captains available for exchange credits that I know of.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
25 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

1) Is this true?

Reading had become so very OP it just HAD to be nerfed!

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts

Thank you all ( most ) For your input.  I got him and get it now!  One reply sounds like he is drunk and  spilling word salad.  I will let you guess who I'm talking about. : )

Col Out.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

No special skills are provided or implied.

The fact that there have been some caught out by this and were upset enough to post in other threads about this and others that are asking exactly that this means that the "offer" is badly worded or could at least have been worded differently. 

To make things 100% clear they could have shown a screenshot of the commander skills page when selecting the commander and before the purchase where one would be able to see the little unique skill bonuses if applicable. 

• Cool 1

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles

If a captain has special skills, it says so right on the purchase screen, whether in the Armory or on the website. It has always been this way, and I don't understand why players have so much trouble simply reading what is there.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
5 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Says hes a 10pt with a specialty for the Gearing

All this means is that he comes ready to go into the ship with no retraining required. Most of the special captains you can get are set up for the Tier 1 ship of their nations and have to be retrained for any other; these ones are set up for the relevant T10 destroyer.

I think the general idea was that if you were lucky enough to get one of the Tier 10 camos in a free Rogue Wave crate, or bought some premium RW crates and scored one, it would encourage you to grind or FXP up to the destroyer the camo was for (if you didn't already have it). Then you could purchase a ready-to-go captain for it with credits and, as others have said, be able to get the concealment expert skill immediately. 

It was a novel idea, because you can have more than one of each, so if you were sitting on more credits than you knew what to do with (some people in this game are credit billionaires) and you had a bunch of premium US ships you were buying, you could if you wanted to buy a whole bunch of Dr Ecraseurs and put him in all of them.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts
9 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

If a captain has special skills, it says so right on the purchase screen, whether in the Armory or on the website. It has always been this way, and I don't understand why players have so much trouble simply reading what is there.

Well as soon as everyone who is fairly new here and has learned everything they can also  be a smug wannabe know it all like you think you are. 

I bet you don't even  realize your posting on this thread tells MUCH more about you as a  pathetic widdle person  than you got out of trying to mock for asking a perfectly logical question.

If you read the question with more than a 10 year olds mentality I SAID I have seen many explanations and as you see here the ADULTS came and sorted it out just fine.

Thanks to the ADULTS here I now understand the difference between the Special Skills some Captains have and the special SHIPS they are designed for.   Now maybe after reading this YOU will know the difference between an adult helpful reply and that of a childish troll .

Feel better now?

Col Out