You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

What ships do you think need some love?

86 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,863 posts
24,570 battles

Most any ships in the game could use a buff according to at least someone but there are some ships I think most would agree need some rebalancing if you will. Here are a couple that come to my mind without too much thought...

Tech Tree:

• Neptune. Good lord does Neptune need some help. It isn't "bad" per say but man it just has so many things working against it. It needs a concealment buff IMO badly. 10.3km with a full concealment build is too much. Edinburgh is at 9.2 and Mino is at 9.1. Neptune should be closer to those. Maybe 9.5 or so. The smoke detection also needs a big buff. Edinburgh and Mino sit at 5.5 and 5.4 respectively while Neptune has a whopping 6.6 penalty. That is insane. It needs to drop down to the mid 5's as well. The ship is so fragile that it blows up if it gets sneezed at. It needs help concealment wise; in the open and in smoke. It could also use a rudder shift buff. At least drop it from it's 8.6 current figure w/ SGM2 down to match Mino at 8.3.  Better concealment and improved rudder would make a world of difference for the poor Neptune and NOT make it OP.

Premium:

• Blyskawica. I like this DD a lot but man does it need similar help to Neptune. The concealment (6.8) is too much. Needs to be lowered a bit to like 6.3 (smoke detection is ok). Wouldn't mind seeing the main gun reload dropped a bit too. 6.5 sec now. Would think 5.5 sec would be fair and more in line with other T7 DD's which generally run mid 3-5 sec for reload. Good ship but it has been power creeped and needs some love now (IMOA).
  • Roma - good lord this ship needs gun/ammo help. Fix the darn guns PLEASE! I paid a lot of money for Roma and the Kobayashi camo and it sits in port because the guns are so darn frustrating to use. Way too many overpens and accuracy is a joke. It has other flaws but they are balanced by some strengths. But the main guns are not reliable and it is all it has for offense. Time to fix Roma WG.

So those are a couple that jump to mind right off. What ships do you think need help and why?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,715 posts
21,733 battles

Gearing needs a maneuverability and gun arc buff. This ship has been power crept so badly it's marshmallow gun arcs make it a sitting duck in a gunfight now.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Most any ships in the game could use a buff according to at least someone but there are some ships I think most would agree need some rebalancing if you will. Here are a couple that come to my mind without too much thought...

Tech Tree:

• Neptune. Good lord does Neptune need some help. It isn't "bad" per say but man it just has so many things working against it. It needs a concealment buff IMO badly. 10.3km with a full concealment build is too much. Edinburgh is at 9.2 and Mino is at 9.1. Neptune should be closer to those. Maybe 9.5 or so. The smoke detection also needs a big buff. Edinburgh and Mino sit at 5.5 and 5.4 respectively while Neptune has a whopping 6.6 penalty. That is insane. It needs to drop down to the mid 5's as well. The ship is so fragile that it blows up if it gets sneezed at. It needs help concealment wise; in the open and in smoke. It could also use a rudder shift buff. At least drop it from it's 8.6 current figure w/ SGM2 down to match Mino at 8.3.  Better concealment and improved rudder would make a world of difference for the poor Neptune and NOT make it OP.

Premium:

• Blyskawica. I like this DD a lot but man does it need similar help to Neptune. The concealment (6.8) is too much. Needs to be lowered a bit to like 6.3 (smoke detection is ok). Wouldn't mind seeing the main gun reload dropped a bit too. 6.5 sec now. Would think 5.5 sec would be fair and more in line with other T7 DD's which generally run mid 3-5 sec for reload. Good ship but it has been power creeped and needs some love now (IMOA).
  • Roma - good lord this ship needs gun/ammo help. Fix the darn guns PLEASE! I paid a lot of money for Roma and the Kobayashi camo and it sits in port because the guns are so darn frustrating to use. Way too many overpens and accuracy is a joke. It has other flaws but they are balanced by some strengths. But the main guns are not reliable and it is all it has for offense. Time to fix Roma WG.

So those are a couple that jump to mind right off. What ships do you think need help and why?

I did the credit grind in the Blys, it was painful. Too many better ships to play.it does need some help if it's ever going to be useful again.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,612 posts
14,667 battles

Emerald has gotten so many buffs now I think it's fine... Omaha on the other hand...

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,986 posts
14,289 battles

Still have good games in Roma, but I see the need.  The Duca of course, guns with more of a bite, torps, speed, and even armor are fine.  yup Omaha for sure, better conceal would help...oh Krispy Kreme... 7 to 8k torps would help immensely, bit longer gun range, but speed and armor are fine...oh conceal needs a buff too.   When the conceal % was changed for CAs it had an effect on all CAs, but some really suffer from being seen too soon, with no buff in other things, the conceal becomes a decent size nerf for mid to lower tiers.  I mean the upp tier CAs are usually engaging far above their conceal, so the conceal nerf didn't affect them as much.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,673 posts

I'd say the Atago but every time I think that I see a player come in first in one in a tier X match with four kills. Personally, I'd like to see 5 seconds taken off the reload time for that ship.

• Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,754 battles
2 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

T3 ships that have to face T4 carriers with no AA:Smile_facepalm:

2019-08-12_2.png

:Smile_great:

Gearing could use some rudder shift love. Torp reload time was recently buffed (big thank you WoW) All American top tier DD's with some heal, hydro, or radar. In team environments such as CB they are excellent. Random and ranked. They struggle dealing with the armored, healing, hydro, radar DD's in cap contesting matches.

Furious could use some love.

German BB top tiers could use some love.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,673 posts
46 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Gearing needs a maneuverability and gun arc buff. This ship has been power crept so badly it's marshmallow gun arcs make it a sitting duck in a gunfight now.

High shell arcs are sort of the "flavor" of the USN line. I've taken advantage of this several times in shooting at an enemy when they could neither shoot me nor even see me.

[4HIM]
Members
3,031 posts
12,678 battles

Tech tree:  Hood, plus most of the German BB line.

Premium:  Blyska, as other have mentioned.  

Members
142 posts
12,976 battles

The blys and roma definitely, also german BBs their thing was brawling but HE spam and power creep make it very hard, maybe make them have normal BB dispersion at 10km and under.

Members
4,318 posts
4,594 battles

Asking me is a terrible idea.

I'd say T-22 and Gaede could use some help, but that's because i'm not good in German destroyers.

I'd say TV-VII of the IJN gun boat destroyers could use some adjustment, but it not because of balance or to make them feel less gimped compared to their the torpedo focused line. Its just to make them blend in better with the gun boat aspect that is Akizuki and make you feel like you're going down a gun boat focused destroyer line rather than an expensive torpedo boat side grade.

I'd say the German battleships could use some help, but what if the meta shifts again and suddenly they're too powerful? A few years ago they were topping the most played popularity charts after all. I see them in ranked often but is it because they want to play a CQC role or is it because they want to feel safer when encountering danger close DDs?

[SPTR]
Members
27,148 posts
16,423 battles

Iowa, FDG, Hood, Mikasa

does Dunkerque need a buff? I know some in the french BB sub-forum where asking for a dispersion buff before WG shaved off 2 seconds off her reload time 

[36]
Members
452 posts
10,111 battles

German battleships: Gniesnau, Bismarck, Tirpitz, and Friedrich need a main battery accuracy buff. Secondary builds and turtleback armor aren’t quite as advantageous as they were several years ago and having only 8 (or 6) rifles is challenging enough without being continually power crept by the release of Brit-French-Russian BB lines...and the odd American premium release that does what Germans do, only better.

• Cool 2

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
574 posts
12,883 battles

Great thread.

Gearing does need model rework at least

My best one would be the IJN DD line it needs to be redefined along with the balancing composition for IJN premiums. They are in my opinion objectably balance unfairly because they do not have a true definition. 

German BB line needs to get some accuracy love especially with the intro of the Georgia into the game has redefined what can be an enjoyable experience with less guns and with secondaries .

The IJN and Germany DD line needs to have their turning circles more in line with other dd lines. They seem to be the only lines that have almost battleship turning circles with less ability to compensate for the loss of maneuverability. Think about it the Z52 has a 700m turning circle along with the Shima at 690m. You can argue that it is justified because of their other abilities but those have been negated by other line introductions. When you start introducing ships that out class other nations speciality and call it balanced then you have completely lost sight of what needs to brought oml up to par.

Give IJN their  specialty and stick to it and balance the ships with it not around it. That is the difference and the mentality I see when you try to balance IJN premium ships. 

Russian BBs are over tuned and you can see by the competitive stats that they are over performing. That is my hunch anyway.   

• Cool 2

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

*Warspite sits in the corner, forgotten*

Currently, it has the worst win rate of the T6 battleships. Makes sense, slow so it cannot flex power across the map, guns are meh and feel extremely inaccurate. It only really gets super heals.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2

[PVE]
Members
1,034 posts
8,588 battles

All ARP ships need their perma camo buffed to the standard permo camo bonuses of their tier.

Monarch needs better main battery accuracy. So do Gneisenau, Bismarck, Tirpitz, and FDG.

I 'feel' like Alabama could use a main battery accuracy buff to make it relevant again versus Massachusetts (better highlight their different play styles while leaving Massachusetts alone).

Edited by MasterDiggs

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
1 hour ago, Vaffu said:

Mobility and the proper sized hull would do wonders for it. Also it should be able to mount both speed boost and DEF AA.

Ships that need a buff... The Radar Mino needs a buff(Duration), concealment needs to be return to 8.9KM and it needs the bow armor buffed so Henri and super cruisers can't overmatch it.

Upper armor belt on Des Moines and Salem need to be buffed to 30MM.

Abruzzi needs a RoF buff.

Moskva needs a small concealment buff.

A general concealment buff for cruisers across the board wouldn't be bad actually.

Edited by Stand_Alone97