Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ocoda

Enable Replays what the @#$@$%

15 comments in this topic

[PLDN]
Members
273 posts

Ok i've always had Replays and i watch them religiously to learn from my mistakes but since May 5th it hasn't worked and I've had multiple support tickets which was useless as no one in support team could help. i did find a thread  from 2017 that explained going into the Preference XML file and adding a line..... why the hell do i need to be a computer programmer to use something i used since day one????  

Edited by Ocoda
spelling

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles

Heyo Captain,

We have not made any differences to the replay system in quite some time beyond automatically turning them on for all players to save the last 30 replays.

When watching replays, the replay must be from the same version of the game as what is currently installed. Old replays will no longer work after that client of the game has been patched over (unless you keep old versions of the game).

You may also have some interference from 3rd party modifications, we would recommend removing them completely from your client and see if that resolves the issue.

Let us know,

Fem, 

[PLDN]
Members
273 posts
15 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captain,

We have not made any differences to the replay system in quite some time beyond automatically turning them on for all players to save the last 30 replays.

When watching replays, the replay must be from the same version of the game as what is currently installed. Old replays will no longer work after that client of the game has been patched over (unless you keep old versions of the game).

You may also have some interference from 3rd party modifications, we would recommend removing them completely from your client and see if that resolves the issue.

Let us know,

Fem, 

Fem i've had support tickets galore on this and gotten nothing. 

[PLDN]
Members
273 posts
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Yup. Replays have been busted for a while. Have to drag the replay to a different file now. I think the 64 bit version?

why doesn't anyone of the Dev's or the rest of the community address the issue ? 

[PROJX]
Members
1,111 posts
27,197 battles
18 hours ago, Ocoda said:

Ok i've always had Replays and i watch them religiously to learn from my mistakes but since May 5th it hasn't worked and I've had multiple support tickets which was useless as no one in support team could help. i did find a thread  from 2017 that explained going into the Preference XML file and adding a line..... why the hell do i need to be a computer programmer to use something i used since day one????  

Ocoda - can you describe what happens when u try to run your replay?   If it's a certain behavior, I may have a solution for you - it sounds like replays used to work for you but recently stopped working - replays are default enabled now so I'm hoping it's a certain behavior - if it is I  have a workaround for you that got my replays working again.

18 hours ago, Ocoda said:

Edited by hangglide42

[PLDN]
Members
273 posts
3 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

Ocoda - can you describe what happens when u try to run your replay?   If it's a certain behavior, I may have a solution for you - it sounds like replays used to work for you but recently stopped working - replays are default enabled now so I'm hoping it's a certain behavior - if it is I  have a workaround for you that got my replays working again.

well the last replay recorded was 5/5/2019 since then nothing. i deleted ASLains as that is  the default answer that the devs give to every issue and still wont record any games. I deleted the replay file  and still nothing I went into the preference XML using note pad and added the replay line that was told to do by another person and still nothing.  

[PROJX]
Members
1,111 posts
27,197 battles

[ Deleted due to following response which notifies the original poster ]

Edited by hangglide42

[PROJX]
Members
1,111 posts
27,197 battles
32 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

well the last replay recorded was 5/5/2019 since then nothing. i deleted ASLains as that is  the default answer that the devs give to every issue and still wont record any games. I deleted the replay file  and still nothing I went into the preference XML using note pad and added the replay line that was told to do by another person and still nothing.  

Hi Ocoda - it's actually a relief that the problem you are experiencing is one of just activating your replays (there's a much nastier replay bug that have been affecting some players).

The line that needs to be modified no longer is in "preferences.xml" -- It was moved a number of releases ago to your /res directory and is now in a file called "engine_config.xml"

The following section should be in your <installation directory>/res/engine_config.xml file (mine has been configured to save 500 replays - the default setting is 30 which is fine if it works for u)

<replays>
        <dirPath>replays</dirPath>
        <pathBase>CWD</pathBase>
        <versioned>false</versioned>
        <maxReplaysToSave>500</maxReplaysToSave>
    </replays>

Make sure you remove this section if it still exists in "preferences.xml" and make sure that you don't have duplicate copies of this section in "engine_config.xml".

Hope this solves your problem -

Edited by hangglide42

[PEED2]
Members
159 posts
10,022 battles

I have the replay bug as well, dragging and dropping the replay file onto World of Warships.exe doesn't work anymore. It looks like it launches but then after the login screen, the loading wheel just spins and spins and wont load the game. Sucks too, just had my first Solo Warrior achievement ever and wanted to watch it.  I tried the Hangglide info up above but none of that helped, didn't matter if I try to run the replay from the replay folder or not and I haven't renamed anything.  This was a really enjoyable function of the game, there has to be a way to fix this.

[BONKS]
Supertester
242 posts
7,414 battles

What I've had to do to fix this (some time ago I might add) was just assign WorldOfWarships.exe, located in C:\Games\World_of_Warships by default, as the application to open "wowsreplay" files. You can do this by either double clicking on it if the icon is black (unassigned), to which you will be asked which app to use and you will need to browse for it OR right click on it, Properties and where it says Open With, click that and browse for and choose WorldOfWarships.exe. This is the process for Windows 10, though similar for previous supported OS's like Win7.

[PLDN]
Members
273 posts
On 8/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, hangglide42 said:

Hi Ocoda - it's actually a relief that the problem you are experiencing is one of just activating your replays (there's a much nastier replay bug that have been affecting some players).

The line that needs to be modified no longer is in "preferences.xml" -- It was moved a number of releases ago to your /res directory and is now in a file called "engine_config.xml"

The following section should be in your <installation directory>/res/engine_config.xml file (mine has been configured to save 500 replays - the default setting is 30 which is fine if it works for u)

<replays>
        <pathBase>CWD</pathBase>
        <maxReplaysToSave>500</maxReplaysToSave>
    </replays>

Make sure you remove this section if it still exists in "preferences.xml" and make sure that you don't have duplicate copies of this section in "engine_config.xml".

Hope this solves your problem -

thanks very much but i have this and still replays wont work

-<replays>

<pathBase>CWD</pathBase>

<maxReplaysToSave>30</maxReplaysToSave>

</replays>

[PROJX]
Members
1,111 posts
27,197 battles
On 8/18/2019 at 8:16 PM, Ocoda said:

thanks very much but i have this and still replays wont work

-<replays>

<pathBase>CWD</pathBase>

<maxReplaysToSave>30</maxReplaysToSave>

</replays>

OK - one final check -

The file preferences.xml in your main WOWS installation directory should contain the following line:

<isReplayEnabled>    true    </isReplayEnabled>

If it is not there add this line within the following nested configuration group as shown below:

<scriptsPreferences>

•  
  •  [ lots of other config info ]
  •  

<isReplayEnabled>    true    </isReplayEnabled>

•  
  •  [ lots of other config info ]
  •  

</scriptsPreferences>

Edited by hangglide42

[PLDN]
Members
273 posts

i have it but this is what it looks like. By the way thanks a lot you're doing way more than support did.

preferences - Notepad 8_21_2019 9_00_37 AM.png

Sign in to follow this