Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Unobtainable Armory Camos?

10 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
629 posts
15,234 battles

Well, I've been looking at the camos in the Armory for the Black (Marlin and Ultimate Crocodile), as well as a few more ships. These camos originally required Iridium and Molybdenum (I think) and now Clan Tokens and Rank Tokens, 3 of either one. Now, best as I can tell, you can only get a Rank Token by ranking out in Rank1. You get 1 Rank Token. That means you have to rank out in 3 seasons to get 3 Rank Tokens to buy a camo. 

As for Clan Tokens, I scoured the Neighbors Clan page and see NO reward that gives you a Clan Token.

So, the question is, how do you get Clan Tokens? Is ranking out in 3 seasons of ranked battles the only way to get 3 Rank Tokens?

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
629 posts
15,234 battles
56 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Yes

Then I think it a waste to even offer it in the Armory since it really is unobtainable. I'd rather see all the camos for sale in packs for coal or similar, like is done with signals. THAT would be worth having in the Armory instead of something you can't get your hands on.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[USCC]
Members
3,001 posts
13,776 battles

If nothing else, they should be able to be purchased with steel, since that's generally how those ship's that use them are sold in the first place.

• Boring 1

[OO7]
Supertester
122 posts
16,272 battles
1 hour ago, Willy55_1955 said:

As for Clan Tokens, I scoured the Neighbors Clan page and see NO reward that gives you a Clan Token.

So, the question is, how do you get Clan Tokens? Is ranking out in 3 seasons of ranked battles the only way to get 3 Rank Tokens?

You get 1 clan token for completing the 3rd stage Typhoon league mission. You need 30 wins total in Typhoon.

And yes you have to rank out three times to receive three rank tokens.  Same for clan tokens.  You need 30 Typhoon wins in 3 different seasons for 3 tokens.  This is the only way you can get these resources.

Screenshot_20190813-070329_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MegaZao

[CK5]
Members
1,371 posts
14,304 battles

Exclusive camos for reaching a difficult goal do not bother me a bit.  It is no different than the custom flags players have won for ranking out.  Come on, people!  They earned it.  If you want the same goodies, then earn them.  

Edited by PrairiePlayer
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[-KAK-]
Members
136 posts
6,482 battles

Considering that these ships (Flint / Black) used to require ranking out to receive them, I see no issue with them requiring ranking out to receive their special camos

[INTEL]
Members
1,767 posts
15,649 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Exclusive camos for reaching a difficult goal do not bother me a bit.  It is no different than the custom flags players have won for ranking out.  Come on, people!  They earned it.  If you want the same goodies, then earn them.  

I gave you a +1 just because some snowflake gave you a downvote.

The exclusive camo doesnt give exclusive bonuses. No reason other than envy to cry about making them available to players who have the skill and make the effort.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
629 posts
15,234 battles
On 8/13/2019 at 9:29 AM, PrairiePlayer said:

OMG! How is it NOT different from people getting a flag for ranking our? You get the flag at the end of the Rank season, NOT three seasons later. And I am really surprised you don't feel 90 Typhoon wins is extremely excessive FOR A CAMO!

Look at the people who ranked out for "exclusive" ships e.g. Flint and Black, only to be able to buy them now.

Sign in to follow this