Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HottieHotPants

New Coal Ships

16 comments in this topic

[JMMAF]
Members
456 posts
8,114 battles
1 hour ago, HottieHotPants said:

What and when are the new coal ships coming?

I have a quarter mill coal and a coupon, I wanna go shopping. 

I was actually wondering this as well. I Have enough coal now for another ship and want to know whats coming down the pipe for coal.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
919 posts
10,114 battles

Actually a few new low and mid-tier ships for coal would be a good thing. With the exception of Charleston, I have all the coal ships now that are not tier 9 or 10. I am sure I am not the only one. maybe reworked versions of the Anthony and the Cyclone from the original Dunkirk event could make good coal premiums. Also, since Bogue is not going to be a part of the alternate USCV, line it could also be a good choice.

[5D]
Members
1,064 posts
13,533 battles

Smolensk him waiting for I have 320k coal for it , already have JB and Georgia

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,010 posts
22,560 battles
10 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Smolensk him waiting for I have 320k coal for it , already have JB and Georgia

I am actually wanting the Smolensk but am going to wait and see how much coal the Kutuzov captain costs in coal first. I didn't bother grinding the event since they said they were going to release him for coal. I figure ships will come back around, captains with special skills might not. What I am hoping is they will add him to Armory and leave him there with the other captains.. Got to wait and see.

Edited by Taylor3006

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles
5 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

reworked versions of the Anthony and the Cyclone from the original Dunkirk event

IIRC the Anthony is effectively in the game as the Acasta now, T5 British Tech tree DD. With a British premium DD already at T6, there's not much call for one at T5.

Cyclone is one of the Bourrasque-class destroyers. When the next patch drops, the lead ship of the class will be the Tier 4 tech-tree French DD. In addition, the WOWS Wiki states that the Siroco we have in-game is also a Bourrasque-class destroyer, albeit upgraded for T5 by giving her the reload booster. So there is no likely place for the Cyclone to ever enter the game again, sadly.

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
5 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am actually wanting the Smolensk but am going to wait and see how much coal the Kutuzov captain costs in coal first. 

LOL :Smile_veryhappy:

Nikolay Kuznetsov = Special RU Captain

Mikhail Kutuzov = T8 Premium RU CL

:Smile_hiding:

[SYJ]
Members
131 posts
12,910 battles

How about a 1944 West Virginia for coal?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,010 posts
22,560 battles
24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

LOL :Smile_veryhappy:

Nikolay Kuznetsov = Special RU Captain

Mikhail Kutuzov = T8 Premium RU CL

Hey that is how spell checker spelt it! Anyways that guy is who I am waiting to see the coal price for. 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
919 posts
10,114 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

IIRC the Anthony is effectively in the game as the Acasta now, T5 British Tech tree DD. With a British premium DD already at T6, there's not much call for one at T5.

Cyclone is one of the Bourrasque-class destroyers. When the next patch drops, the lead ship of the class will be the Tier 4 tech-tree French DD. In addition, the WOWS Wiki states that the Siroco we have in-game is also a Bourrasque-class destroyer, albeit upgraded for T5 by giving her the reload booster. So there is no likely place for the Cyclone to ever enter the game again, sadly.

I disagree. The classes may be in the game now, but those ships had different consumables, so they could easily be one-offs like the Kidd or Montpelier.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles
1 hour ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

The classes may be in the game now, but those ships had different consumables,

Be that as it may, do not be surprised if the answer WG gives is "They now have sister-ships in the game and we do not feel adding them back in is appropriate at this time." 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
919 posts
10,114 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Be that as it may, do not be surprised if the answer WG gives is "They now have sister-ships in the game and we do not feel adding them back in is appropriate at this time." 

Which is a shame, because it's something cool that would be easy for them to do since the hardest parts are already done. I don't even need either, but I would totally spend coal on both.

Sign in to follow this